“Relaxing hotel”

Inn at Eagle Mountain
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Fountain Hills
Reviewed 22 August 2013

A friend told us about the hotel. She was right on. Jessica had our reservation all
set for us. She is a great asset to the hotel making our stay great.
In fact everyone is very nice, went in one night for a restaurant tip and was led to a very good Mexican restaurant close by. We had a great view from our room, you can take
terrific pictures of the area from the balcony.The pool is very nice, we enjoyed swimming

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Eagle_Mountain, Manager at Inn at Eagle Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Hello Mary!

Thank you for your review! We are delighted to have Jessika here with us! Glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the future!

Inn at Eagle Mountain Resort

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I booked a weekend "stay-cation" for my husband and I at the Inn at Eagle Mountain. We wanted something more adult oriented and close to a few golf courses that my husband wanted to play. I did some research as Arizona always has awesome stay and play deals during the summer and on the surface the Inn seemed ideal - small, private, close to the golf courses, fantastic views, etc. I arrived on 8/2 around four in the afternoon and waited while the guests in front of me were given the royal treatment, descriptions of the amazing food at the sister golf course, tips on the easiest way to rent clubs, where the pool and spa were located, hours of operation, location of the ice machine, laundry room, descriptions of the spa specials, gushing about the views and how to get in touch if they needed anything at all. I was thinking that I had made a great choice! Then it's my turn to check in, I was asked for my credit card, drivers license, handed a piece of paper to fill out with regards to my car and a brochure about restaurants in the area. That was it. Nothing about the pool, spa, internet access, ice machines, nothing at all. I watched as he charged my credit card more than double what my reservation was for with no explanation and no charge slip. I was told my room was across the bridge and around the building, but I had to park in front of the office and if I needed any help he would "see if he could find someone". Really?!?

I walk into a super small room with a spectacular view of a bush, an air conditioner that wouldn't work at night and couldn't be turned down below 76 because it would cause icing of the pipes (last I checked we live in Arizona), no instructions on how to access the internet or any other information. I'm disappointed and tell my husband about the issues. When he arrives, he gets the same brush off from the guy at the desk, with the exception of an explanation of the extra charges on our credit card.

The next day, housekeeping finally arrives at 3:00 in the afternoon and then doesn't finish the room because they don't want to keep us waiting. We had already been standing outside for 30 minutes, what was five more to finish the room?

All in all the whole experience left a very bitter taste in my mouth and leaves me leary about staying in a non-chain hotel for our next stay-cation. Boo to the Inn at Eagle Mountain, locals are what keep you open during the summer and should get the same treatement as the tourists.

Room Tip: Don't tell them you are a local and you might get a room with a view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BWB1973
Eagle_Mountain, General Manager at Inn at Eagle Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear BWB1973,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I’m very sorry and wish to apologize that we fell short of your expectations. We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when we fail to deliver, it is important for us to know. I apologize that you received such service that prompted you to write this complaint, and I regret any inconvenience or frustrations that this experience has caused you. The air-conditioning issue will be looked into immediately and we can do a better job of providing housekeeping services before 3 pm. Your patronage of the Inn at Eagle Mountain is very important to us. We value our local clients as well as the clients visiting us from outside of our community. I hope you will give us a future opportunity to serve you again. If you choose to give us the pleasure of serving you in the near future, please contact me directly and I will ensure that your stay with us will be exceptional.

Thank you!
480-816-3000

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We had a fantastic stay at eagle mountain. I called eagle mountain directly to book our stay. I talked to jessika. She was very helpful and handled the few requests that I had. She referred a few restaurants, that were great. I would book a stay again in a heartbeat because the resort was fantastic and her service

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure having you stay with us! I will make sure Jessika receives the compliment! As a manager it is nice to know that the staff is going above and beyond. Thank you again! and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

This place we found by chance on the travel site last summer. We came over to go tubing on the Salt River from San Diego and just loved staying there. So last weekend we came over to go tubing and we stayed there again and it was just great!!! We were nicely greeted by their staff member when we arrived at 3:00 in the morning. Then the next day were greeted and all our needs were taken care of by Jessika for the next three days. She was very friendly and corgial and she treated us like she knew us forever. We used the pool and she checked on us to see if we needed towels or anything else. Upon checkout, she thanked us for coming and asked us to come back soon!!! As we drove home I asked my daughter if she would like to come back for Labor Day weekend and so we called Jessika and booked our room. We can't wait to return!!!!! Try it, you'll like it!!!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful, fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs in all rooms, fridge, microwave, coffee pot...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joy G

Thank you for taking the time to write such a very lovely review! We are so happy you enjoyed your first visit with us and we are so glad to hear that you will be staying with us again! We hope to see you and your daughter again! Hope everything is going well and we wish you the best with all your future travel plans!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed at the Inn at Eagle Mountain for the 4th of July weekend (I know, I know), and enjoyed our stay immensely. This is a low-key property set into hills adjacent to the Eagle Mountain golf course. The suite was comfortable, featuring a gorgeous view of the golf course, lake, and Saguaro-studded desert hillsides, and the price (at this sizzling hot time of year) was fantastic.
The great selling point is that the property has the look and feel of a desert/mountain environment overlooking a golf course and lake, but is a 5 minute drive from the Mayo Clinic location at the edge of Scottsdale.

We'll be back (at a more comfortable time of year).

Room Tip: We voted for an upper floor for the better view, and were glad we did.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bill_from_Denver
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed there once during the summer (thank goodness for rain) and absolutely loved it. Our son enjoyed the pool and spa and we were welcomed as if we were locals. Going through town another time during the year (Fall), we paid a bit more, but in the end, the room was so worth it. Had a living room, bedroom, bathroom and balcony. Our son enjoyed having his own "bedroom" space in the living room and we enjoyed the big comfortable bed and bathroom that made you feel like a superstar. Any time we go through this area, we hope we are able to visit again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Satrntgr
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This place offers a very nice getaway. You are not near much except golf courses and a Frys grocery store. To the west is Scottsdale, which is where you would likely want to go for entertainment. The mayo clinic is a few miles down the road. This hotel features several "townhome" like buildings. Most all rooms have beautiful views. There is a nice pool and hot tub on site that overlooks the golf course, and are fairly private. The staff is nice, the rooms are clean and they have fireplaces and Jacuzzi tubs in them. The wifi signals are week, which causes slow and dropped connections. I let the front desk know about the issues and they were responsive by bringing a local IT company to work on the wifi within about an hour. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fountain Hills
Lexington Hotel & Suites - Fountain Hills / North Scottsdale
We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center
Comfort Inn Fountain Hills - Scottsdale
Courtyard Scottsdale at Mayo Clinic
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsdale/Riverwalk

Been to Inn at Eagle Mountain? Share your experiences!