“Nice desert atmosphere”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Fountain Hills
St. Petersburg, FL
“Nice desert atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I statyed at the Inn at Eagle Mountain due to a family wedding in Scottsdale. My cousin reccommended it. I enjoyed my stay there very much. The room was quite nice and spacious and had great views of the Sonoran Desert. It is a nice resort to walk the grounds, and I found the staff to be very friendly. The hotel sits on the south side of Fountain Hills, which is not very built up. The openess is refreshing, yet there is a Fry's Grocery Store right near the property which I found convenient. My only drawback to this location is that a car is necessary to enjoy the area. It is located outside Fountain Hills and Scottsdale. For peace and quiet with an Arizona feel, this is a great place. If you want to be in the middle of Old Town Scottsdale or near Fashion Square, this is too far out for you.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Eagle_Mountain, Manager at Inn at Eagle Mountain, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Hello! Thank you so much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay!

The On Site Representative and
Jim Barucca, General Manager
The Inn at Eagle Mountain Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

I love the Inn at Eagle Mountain! The service is top notch and the entire staff is wonderful!!! Especially the service provided by Chris, Jessika, and Tari. Chris and Tari are familiar faces and they are always pleasant to deal with. I was also very impressed with Jessika. The young lady I dealt with the most is a wonderful addition to the staff like many on this page have said.

I made the reservation the same day and when walking in Tari checked me in. Throughout the check in process, Tari was very friendly. I made my reservation with Jessika, and the room she assigned me too was fantastic. The view was absolutely stunning! I ordered room service from the Grille the next day, and the food is delicious! The staff is very cordial and accommodating.

Our reservation went day by day for my mayo clinic appointments were not set in stone and we weren't sure how much longer the mayo sessions were going to last. The staff was patient with us and extended us day by day. Jessika took care of my requests without hesitation. My husband was a day late for arrival and he came the next day. Jessika called my room and when I didn't answer, she personally came down to check on me and tell me that my husband was boarding his flight. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Stayed in a Premiere Suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank M V
Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this very positive review on the front desk staff here. Your compliments have been delivered to the staff. They are a great bunch of people who care to provide the best service for everyone and I'm proud to have them as part of the Eagle Mountain Staff.

The On Site Representative and
Jim Barucca, General Manager
The Inn at Eagle Mountain Resort
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

A friend told us about the hotel. She was right on. Jessica had our reservation all
set for us. She is a great asset to the hotel making our stay great.
In fact everyone is very nice, went in one night for a restaurant tip and was led to a very good Mexican restaurant close by. We had a great view from our room, you can take
terrific pictures of the area from the balcony.The pool is very nice, we enjoyed swimming

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hello Mary!

Thank you for your review! We are delighted to have Jessika here with us! Glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the future!

Inn at Eagle Mountain Resort
Surprise, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I booked a weekend "stay-cation" for my husband and I at the Inn at Eagle Mountain. We wanted something more adult oriented and close to a few golf courses that my husband wanted to play. I did some research as Arizona always has awesome stay and play deals during the summer and on the surface the Inn seemed ideal - small, private, close to the golf courses, fantastic views, etc. I arrived on 8/2 around four in the afternoon and waited while the guests in front of me were given the royal treatment, descriptions of the amazing food at the sister golf course, tips on the easiest way to rent clubs, where the pool and spa were located, hours of operation, location of the ice machine, laundry room, descriptions of the spa specials, gushing about the views and how to get in touch if they needed anything at all. I was thinking that I had made a great choice! Then it's my turn to check in, I was asked for my credit card, drivers license, handed a piece of paper to fill out with regards to my car and a brochure about restaurants in the area. That was it. Nothing about the pool, spa, internet access, ice machines, nothing at all. I watched as he charged my credit card more than double what my reservation was for with no explanation and no charge slip. I was told my room was across the bridge and around the building, but I had to park in front of the office and if I needed any help he would "see if he could find someone". Really?!?

I walk into a super small room with a spectacular view of a bush, an air conditioner that wouldn't work at night and couldn't be turned down below 76 because it would cause icing of the pipes (last I checked we live in Arizona), no instructions on how to access the internet or any other information. I'm disappointed and tell my husband about the issues. When he arrives, he gets the same brush off from the guy at the desk, with the exception of an explanation of the extra charges on our credit card.

The next day, housekeeping finally arrives at 3:00 in the afternoon and then doesn't finish the room because they don't want to keep us waiting. We had already been standing outside for 30 minutes, what was five more to finish the room?

All in all the whole experience left a very bitter taste in my mouth and leaves me leary about staying in a non-chain hotel for our next stay-cation. Boo to the Inn at Eagle Mountain, locals are what keep you open during the summer and should get the same treatement as the tourists.

Room Tip: Don't tell them you are a local and you might get a room with a view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BWB1973
Eagle_Mountain, General Manager at Inn at Eagle Mountain, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear BWB1973,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I’m very sorry and wish to apologize that we fell short of your expectations. We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when we fail to deliver, it is important for us to know. I apologize that you received such service that prompted you to write this complaint, and I regret any inconvenience or frustrations that this experience has caused you. The air-conditioning issue will be looked into immediately and we can do a better job of providing housekeeping services before 3 pm. Your patronage of the Inn at Eagle Mountain is very important to us. We value our local clients as well as the clients visiting us from outside of our community. I hope you will give us a future opportunity to serve you again. If you choose to give us the pleasure of serving you in the near future, please contact me directly and I will ensure that your stay with us will be exceptional.

Thank you!
480-816-3000

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

We had a fantastic stay at eagle mountain. I called eagle mountain directly to book our stay. I talked to jessika. She was very helpful and handled the few requests that I had. She referred a few restaurants, that were great. I would book a stay again in a heartbeat because the resort was fantastic and her service

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure having you stay with us! I will make sure Jessika receives the compliment! As a manager it is nice to know that the staff is going above and beyond. Thank you again! and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Alpine, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

This place we found by chance on the travel site last summer. We came over to go tubing on the Salt River from San Diego and just loved staying there. So last weekend we came over to go tubing and we stayed there again and it was just great!!! We were nicely greeted by their staff member when we arrived at 3:00 in the morning. Then the next day were greeted and all our needs were taken care of by Jessika for the next three days. She was very friendly and corgial and she treated us like she knew us forever. We used the pool and she checked on us to see if we needed towels or anything else. Upon checkout, she thanked us for coming and asked us to come back soon!!! As we drove home I asked my daughter if she would like to come back for Labor Day weekend and so we called Jessika and booked our room. We can't wait to return!!!!! Try it, you'll like it!!!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful, fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs in all rooms, fridge, microwave, coffee pot...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Joy G
Thank you for taking the time to write such a very lovely review! We are so happy you enjoyed your first visit with us and we are so glad to hear that you will be staying with us again! We hope to see you and your daughter again! Hope everything is going well and we wish you the best with all your future travel plans!

Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed at the Inn at Eagle Mountain for the 4th of July weekend (I know, I know), and enjoyed our stay immensely. This is a low-key property set into hills adjacent to the Eagle Mountain golf course. The suite was comfortable, featuring a gorgeous view of the golf course, lake, and Saguaro-studded desert hillsides, and the price (at this sizzling hot time of year) was fantastic.
The great selling point is that the property has the look and feel of a desert/mountain environment overlooking a golf course and lake, but is a 5 minute drive from the Mayo Clinic location at the edge of Scottsdale.

We'll be back (at a more comfortable time of year).

Room Tip: We voted for an upper floor for the better view, and were glad we did.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Gainey Suites Hotel
#6 of 75 in Scottsdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,394 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale

Been to Inn at Eagle Mountain? Share your experiences!