“Great Stay in Arizona”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Fountain Hills
Ada, MI
“Great Stay in Arizona”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed at Eagle Mountain during October and had a great stay. All the inn personnel we encountered were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. We did have a broken toilet seat which was repaired without even asking. The Inn is a little out of the way for those wanting to go into Scottsdale (about 25 minutes to downtown Scottsdale). However, this was not a concern for us since we were golfing near the Inn. We could walk to the grocery store (15 minutes) and purchase snacks and beverages. If I had one complaint it was they could have put us in a room with a better view since we did stay there 8 nights. There is no restaurant on the property, but we did have lunch at the golf course that is near the property after golf and had a tasty lunch.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

When we got here my husband had upgraded our room to the Western Suite and we had a lovely quiet last night in the USA with dinner and breakfast at the nearby Country (Golf) Club. The luxury themed room with jacuzzi tub and balcony overlooking the desert was a treat.
The pool was good with colour changing lights and night hawks flying above us.

Two things spoiled our stay:-
The first - - the hotel is difficult to find as the sign in front of the hotel reception building is low down and we did not see it the first time we drove into the complex. When we asked the person at the nearby security station at the gated housing if she could tell us where the hotel was - she was impatient and rude.

The second - - After breakfast on the morning we left we got to back to our room, before 9.00am (well before our check out time) and the cleaner was already in our room which did not really matter, as she was happy to come back later but it was a waste of a second set of towels and soaps etc as we had to use the new ones provided.

However all in all it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CherryClift
Eagle_Mountain, General Manager at Inn at Eagle Mountain, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Hello! We are delighted that you have chosen to stay with us as part of your travel plans. We are sorry you had a hard time finding our location! You aren't the only one who has had trouble and have gone to the housing gates. We also apologize that the lady at the housing gates was rude, that is never good service. She would definitely feel the same if she were to get lost. Thank you very much for your comment on the housekeeping matter, we have brought that up to the executive housekeeper.

We strive to provide you with the best possible service imaginable, and when we fail to deliver, it is important for us to know. I apologize that housekeeping came earlier in the morning and we regret any inconvenience or frustrations that this experience has caused you. We hope to see you again in the future! We wish you all the best in your future travel endeavors, and we hope you stay safe and take care! Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
on behalf of the management and the staff
from The Inn Eagle Mountain Resort
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I needed a weekend away from the stress of our busy lives. We found that and so much more at this adorable boutique hotel. The setting is strictly out of a picture book...redstone cliffs, saguaro cactus, beautiful surrounding homes that also reflect a neighborhood snuggled into the desert. We adored the no night lights policy so we could enjoy the darkness and see both the nearby stars and the lights of Phoenix far below us. The cool October night invited us to open the doors to our balcony while enjoying the glow of the fireplace. We were serenaded by the sounds of a trumpet and saxophone that floated dreamily down from a gathering at the clubhouse on the hill above. The hot tub was roomy and perfectly situated above the golf course, very special at night. In the morning, there was a large and clean jetted tub in our room to enjoy, plus an amazing breakfast enjoyed with very responsive room service. The best chorizo and green chili burrito, and melt-in-your-mouth cinnamon roll French toast! Yummy. A reasonably-priced 20-oz bloody mary and pot of coffee topped it off. Not a spot for a family with a lot of kids to keep entertained. Perfect for adults and couples. I would only suggest that management one day upgrade their mattresses and duvets.

Room Tip: The entire property is non-smoking. Ask for a room with a view of the city lights.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Eagle_Mountain, Manager at Inn at Eagle Mountain, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Hello Tina! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you so much for your lovely review and we wish you all the best with all your future travel plans! We hope to see you again soon!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My Wife and I stayed here in February of 2013 for a wedding that was taking place at Fire Rock. We had some medical issues with our family that have caused the delay in posting this review. I spoke with Sandy who was the GM at the time when I made my reservation. He had quoted me a room price but I never received a confirmation email. I called back a week later to ask for the confirmation. Sandy was not available and the front desk agent quoted me a rate that was higher than what Sandy had quoted me. She said I could speak with Sandy about the rate when he became available. I continued making the reservation because of the hotel's limited availability and close proximity to the event we were attending. I never received a confirmation email. I called back twice to ask for confirmation. The agent assured me that I had a reservation (she gave me a reservation number) but they were unable to send a confirmation email. They did have our room available for us upon check in. I asked for Sandy when we arrived at the hotel. The staff informed me that he was no longer with the company. There was no acting GM either. The staff was taking on this responsibility collectively. Our experience really went wrong after checking out. I left a pair of jeans and a shirt in the dresser drawer. I called the hotel to let them know a few hours after checking out. They said that guests had already checked into that room. I assumed that housekeeping had seen the clothes in the drawer when cleaning the room and turned them into lost and found. The front desk agent offered to ask the guests in the room if they had noticed the clothes in the drawer. The guests said they didn't find anything. The front desk agent did not see the clothes in lost and found. She informed me that they would check another area that was locked when the housekeeping manager returned after the weekend.(?) She said that was all they could do tonight and they had already "disturbed" guests looking for my clothes. I had to call the resort everyday to see if there were any updates. The housekeeping manager called me back after I had called a few times and requested to speak with her. She informed me the clothes were not turned in. She said that her housekeeping staff was honest and wouldn't take lost and found items. She offered for me to speak with the housekeeping member who cleaned the room. I didn't accuse anyone of theft and I certainly didn't want to speak with the housekeeping attendant. That is something that management should be doing not the guest. I didn't speculate as to why the clothes were no where to be found. Management should find out what went wrong and get back to me. I just wanted management to take ownership of the situation and come to a reasonable conclusion. I left my property at their location. They could not locate it and no explanation was given. The jeans and shirt were very expensive ($150 value) and I am %100 positive where I left them. The hotel offered no compensation. There was no GM to speak with about the situation. I was disappointed in the way this issue was handled.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brett B
Brooklyn NY
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The Inn at Eagle Mountain was a clean, comfortable place to stay near Phoenix. Our room was large, including a very spacious bathroom. We also enjoyed the pool, small but nicely located. The only thing we regretting not having was a restaurant on the property for breakfast. The only thing we really didn't need was a fireplace in the room, with the weather in the high 90s. The only tip we want to pass on is that there are one or two flights of outdoor stairs to all the rooms -- no elevators -- which may be a consideration to some travelers.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MCTWSF
St. Petersburg, FL
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I statyed at the Inn at Eagle Mountain due to a family wedding in Scottsdale. My cousin reccommended it. I enjoyed my stay there very much. The room was quite nice and spacious and had great views of the Sonoran Desert. It is a nice resort to walk the grounds, and I found the staff to be very friendly. The hotel sits on the south side of Fountain Hills, which is not very built up. The openess is refreshing, yet there is a Fry's Grocery Store right near the property which I found convenient. My only drawback to this location is that a car is necessary to enjoy the area. It is located outside Fountain Hills and Scottsdale. For peace and quiet with an Arizona feel, this is a great place. If you want to be in the middle of Old Town Scottsdale or near Fashion Square, this is too far out for you.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Hello! Thank you so much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay!

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I love the Inn at Eagle Mountain! The service is top notch and the entire staff is wonderful!!! Especially the service provided by Chris, Jessika, and Tari. Chris and Tari are familiar faces and they are always pleasant to deal with. I was also very impressed with Jessika. The young lady I dealt with the most is a wonderful addition to the staff like many on this page have said.

I made the reservation the same day and when walking in Tari checked me in. Throughout the check in process, Tari was very friendly. I made my reservation with Jessika, and the room she assigned me too was fantastic. The view was absolutely stunning! I ordered room service from the Grille the next day, and the food is delicious! The staff is very cordial and accommodating.

Our reservation went day by day for my mayo clinic appointments were not set in stone and we weren't sure how much longer the mayo sessions were going to last. The staff was patient with us and extended us day by day. Jessika took care of my requests without hesitation. My husband was a day late for arrival and he came the next day. Jessika called my room and when I didn't answer, she personally came down to check on me and tell me that my husband was boarding his flight. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Stayed in a Premiere Suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank M V
Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this very positive review on the front desk staff here. Your compliments have been delivered to the staff. They are a great bunch of people who care to provide the best service for everyone and I'm proud to have them as part of the Eagle Mountain Staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fountain Hills
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale
Gainey Suites Hotel
Gainey Suites Hotel
#5 of 75 in Scottsdale

Been to Inn at Eagle Mountain? Share your experiences!