“Need More Flavor”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Need More Flavor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Que Bueno is a charming restaurant that was bought out by the chef who has won multiple best salsa awards. Being vegetarian I really appreciate the fact that the chips, beans, and red enchilada sauce is meat-ingredient free. The ambiance is laid back and comfortable and the service is attentive and fast. My favorite is Tony's nachos (a different take) and the house garden salad is always fresh. The Cadillac margarita was always my favorite but now that I like the more organic lime juice recipes I am still searching for "my" margarita at Que Bueno. All in all, I would like to have more flavor in their recipes but would still recommend the restaurant.

• Visited July 2013

fountain hills
“Fish Tacos two tempura battered cod-poor food choice .”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Waitresses were cordial and helpful, but my main dish of battered cod in two tortillas was dull and tasteless. There was almost no cod in either one of the two tortillas and the rest of the sandwich was shredded lettuce and tomato. Any child could produce this sandwich, The rest of the plate consisted of hot bean dip and Mexican rice. The rice was good but the bean dip can come right out out of the can, heat it up, spread it out on the plate, and serve it. So, the main dish was tasteless and skimpy and the beans were ordinary, and for this I paid a little more than ten dollars. It is a poor food choice. The atmosphere was OK and the servers were very nice but the one dish I ordered was not good. I have no idea how the other items they serve do in a taste test. My advice to the management is to go over each item they serve and test it and make improvement where necessary

• Visited April 2013
Casper
“Their 30th Anniversary”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

A nice, comfortable Mexican restaurant but very crowded the night that we went because they were celebrating their 30th anniversary,
Excellent food and the Skinny Margarita (no sweet & sour) was delicious.

Visited March 2013
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Salsa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

They have the best homemade salsa in Arizona. We frequent many different Mexican restaurants in the Valley, and none compare. We always order some to take home.

Visited February 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

We just had dinner in this restaurant. Not just food even the drink was horrible. My wife ordered "Sanchez chicken" I ordered chicken-beef mixed fajitas and a side order of guacamole dip. Both dishes had some meat in them but more than half of the little plate was full of beans and rice. I never saw fajitas served with these dishes.The meat was not grilled. Looked and tasted like they were fried. Guacamole dip came in two ice cream scoops. Awful.. Much worst than the supermarket variety. So bad that we complained and they did not charge for it.
My wife said that her margarita was mostly ice and salt.. Fortunately I had beer.
Avoid this restaurant. If you want Mexican food believe me the stuff they serve in Taco Bell is TEN times better. If you include the price factor may be 20 times.
The only nice thing I can say about this place is that the waitress who served us was very nice and friendly. .

• Visited February 2013