Centerstone Plaza Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Villas at CopperWynd(Fountain Hills)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
CopperWynd Resort & Club(Fountain Hills)
View Hotel
Inn at Eagle Mountain(Fountain Hills)
View Hotel
All reviewsacross the streetfireside grillcleaning staffmayo clinicwould stay here againfull service restauranta great place to stayevery hournice viewcoffee makergaryfountainscottsdalemilesmicrowavejacuzzicommunity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2012

This hotel has taken it upon them self to change policy. How can one hotel, where the standard must be upheld change policy. I've emailed the hotel two times and the response was, our rates are too low.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Cindy I
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Centerstone Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Dear jaxygirl11,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Fountain Hills.

Karen Gray
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 31 October 2012

This hotel is in a great location but desperately needs freshning up. The carpets are poor and some of the furniture in the rooms need replacing. Otherwise it is an ok place to stay.
I stayed for 14 nights in October and only really encountered 1 problem, On my first night I was allocated a room which turned out to be next door to a "Long term" resident with a dog which started howling and racing round the room at 3am!! Which after a Long International flight you don't need. I was allocated a different room the following morning on the floor below (still heard the hound but not as bad!) If people insist on travelling with dogs please remember that not everyone thinks they are cute and loveable and please ensure they behave well.
Otherwise no major problems with the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lancs22
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Hotel is your basic holiday inn. However the value is excellent. The location is great if your into bicycling. There are a lot of good restaurants in the area. The location is out of the way, but the traffic is less hectic.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 20 October 2012

My daughter's wedding turn out beautiful. We had family and friends stay at the Holiday Inn. Our friends and family that came from out of town had a pleasant stay and were happy with their stay at the hotel. We all love the breakfast. Great price for accomodations, food and beautiful area. Employees were very helpful and polite. Great service with a big group of people. Plenty of food and fast service. Food was very good and tasty. Rooms are very comfortable with a small refrigerator and a microgave. We had the ceremony in the patio with a beautiful view of the fountain. Everything was set and ready on time for the ceremony. I would recommend this place. Special thanks to Gary and Abraham. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I made a reservation on the website for a room at this hotel in late Sept. 2012, and after a very long drive from New Mexico we arrived approximately 10pm to check in. The area is very pretty with a nice little shopping area just a block ahead of the hotel. We were hoping to check in and go find a cute little bistro to catch a late bite to eat. We drove into the parking area and observed a clean, well lit entry. The lobby was nicely decorated in warm desert colors but small. My husband and I approached the woman behind the desk, Abby, who asked us if we had a reservation. I told her I did and gave her our name. She was unable to locate my reservation so I showed her my reservation conf. #. After checking into why she still couldn't find my reservation she coldly informed me that they cancelled my reservation! I was shocked! After a nine hour drive we were exhausted and she just casually informs me that we're out of luck and the hotel was full. She said we should look into an alternative hotel back down the road we came in on. No apology-nothing at all! Just a disinterested look! It turned out my credit card was to blame. After renting a car, reserving a hotel, purchasing tickets to a football game, and the places we stopped on the way my CC company felt it was being used unusually-my fault for not calling about our trip- and put a hold on it. I asked Abby why nobody called to notify me of this problem that could have been remedied easily with another card. She patronizingly said she didn't know and when pressed (because I was absolutely stunned at this situation) she said it was because her hotel was not informed of my email address, cell phone number, or home number. I doubted this information was true. Not surprisingly, after arriving home several days later I found a message on my machine from an apologetic hotel manager hoping to reach me about the situation. ABBY LIED TO MY FACE! I'm not normally someone to get upset about people being rude (it happens), but this woman works in the hospitality industry and did not care one bit about us. We exited the lobby but my husband thought to go back in and ask if they had any rooms open (we were exhausted and at that time I was open to whatever was available) or get directions to nearby hotels. When he attempted to ask Abby if there were cancellations or anything she interrupted him saying "We're full" over and over like she was insane. He literally couldn't get a word in edgewise! My husband asked for the manager and Abby said she was. God help this place if she really is the manager! I've never been treated this way! I called the Holiday Inn reservation line while we were still in the parking lot and explained the situation. The man I spoke with was extremely embarrassed about the situation and upset that their associate (Abby) would behave in such an unprofessional manner. He also explained that my email address, cell phone and home phone number were in fact provided to this hotel. While I do appreciate the fact that the hotel did attempt to contact me, common sense should have prevailed to realize I wouldn't be there if I were to be checking in that very day. If a hotel is going to charge a deposit to hold a room-DO IT WITH ADEQUATE NOTICE! The phone associate attempted to find me something at that hotel or a HI in the area, but everyone was indeed full. I would never stay at this hotel after having had an exprience like this! It's clear the supposed manager Abby does not care about customers. I sincerely hope that nobody else is treated this way. It was an insulting, upsetting start of our trip to an area we've never been to before. However, it all turned out well because we found a resort that was WORLDS better than this place at a far cheaper rate with better rooms, better service, and entirely more amenities than this hotel will ever hope to provide! The Holiday Inn is really falling behind the rest-it used to be a trusted name in the hotel industry, but this is the second bad exprience from HI. I'm done!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank DesertFlowerNM
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Centerstone Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Dear DesertFlowerNM,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.