Lexington Hotel & Suites - Fountain Hills / North Scottsdale
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Fountain Hills
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I received confirmation of my on-line reservations at least 3 weeks prior to my trip. I then followed up with a call 1 week prior to my trip to confirm them. I was advised my the front desk agent that yes indeed I was booked. I now get a call a few days prior telling my my reservations was cancelled. That is ridiculous. Is there no accountability here? I will not entertain staying here in the future if this is their policy. Not worth the headache.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Shaun G

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Pretty poor housekeeping. Edges and corners have not been vacuumed in soooo long you can see the dust. We stayed 3nts...found pizza crust on floor with electrical cords after the 2nd nt and we never had pizza!. There were brown finger prints on shear drapes. Tub doesn't drain water well. The whole hotel smells like a floral spray over a crap-Fest. My Brother stayed another room where he found his shower-bath was filthy for his morning shower. Maid staff was really unfriendly as well as undedicated! Bathroom light fixture has dead roach in it. Carpet is soooo filthy it dirties your feet if you walk barefoot on it! Luggage carts have tacky crumbled signs on them to bring back to lobby.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel & Suites - Fountain Hills / North Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear 2JBryson,

Thank you for leaving a review about your stay. It's truly unfortunate to see the experience was not up to the standards you have come to expect from Holiday Inn. At this time this property is no longer a part of IHG. We appreciate your comments and we have documented them in our corporate office for review should this property return to IHG.

Adrian D

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We recently stayed for a night on Dec 23rd and based on our experience with the front desk alone we would not stay here again. She never made us feel welcome and never even smiled during our check in process. A gentleman came up to ask for a pen and paper and she was quick to snap at him, 'It will take a few minutes". Not proper customer service etiquette. Beverage cooler was broken so warm drinks available. Location is great and rooms are clean. Price was excellent for the season and location but will consider staying somewhere that makes us feel more welcomed and excited to be staying with them.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel & Suites - Fountain Hills / North Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear tellinit,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see the service at the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your time as our guest. We appreciate the high scores for Cleanliness, Rooms, Sleep Quality, and Value. We do take our reviews very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the Christmas Holidays for five days. I purchased the stay on Hotwire.com, asking for only three star & above. Since I had luck in the past with this guide, I decided to use it again. I have to say, I do not think this is a three star hotel.
The location was excellent, not to be beat.
The bathroom was very nice and clean, the bed was comfortable, and the furniture was nice, however, the rugs in both the hallways and the room were badly in need of replacement.I never walked around barefooted! The hall rugs were bleached out and faded and the room rug was spotted and dirt worn. When I mentioned it to the desk clerk, she simply said they were working on it.
If it had new rugs, it could be a three star hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel & Suites - Fountain Hills / North Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Mac103,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am very pleased that you found the bed comfortable. However, I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered over the rugs. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Front Desk Clerk not very knowledgeable.
First room toilet plugged, had to move....was excited to see a big jet tub in the 2nd room, only to fill it an get in and realize it didn't work!! Had my credit card automatically swipped for $25 "in case"..so I felt obligated to use their restaurant and bar - food was way too salty.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Linda P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel & Suites - Fountain Hills / North Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Linda P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online. We work extremely hard to deliver memorable guest experiences but it is unfortunate we weren't able to do so most especially with the level of service received and facilities in your room malfunctioning. We will use your comments for upgrades necessary.

We hope you can give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Regards,

Pam G

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here about four times always during Christmas. Rooms are clean, clean bathrooms and good service despite it being Christmas. Located across the street from the fountain that gives Fountain Hills its name. Also within a block of upscale dining and shopping and in a very safe,secure area. Would stay here again without hesitation. Rooms were $49 the first two nights but then went to 69 and have paid $89 here before. The $49 rate was a bargain. Beware though, this is a retirement community and sidewalks roll up at 9 or 10.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This stay was part of a week long trip from WA to AZ. I had 5 nights in other hotels before this one. This hotel had the worst customer service and unfriendly staff. The night time desk clerk questioned my residence when I checked in after presenting my ID. I was in the process of moving from WA to the southwest. None of the other hotels did this. The rude demeanor added extra insult. Staff generally avoided eye contact and rushed my checkout. You have until noon for checkout so why do they ask what time you are leaving? The hotel itself was decent but the location is far from anything and not close to Scottsdale. Tiny half sized pillows. Avoid if you are accustomed to being treated better!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel & Suites - Fountain Hills / North Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Varo31,

La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale
CopperWynd Resort & Club
CopperWynd Resort & Club
#2 of 5 in Fountain Hills

Been to Lexington Hotel & Suites - Fountain Hills / North Scottsdale? Share your experiences!