“Jimmys”
Review of Jimmy's of Chicago

Jimmy's of Chicago
Ranked #165 of 421 Restaurants in Gilbert
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Torre de la Horadada, Spain
“Jimmys”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Great Pizzas, friendly staff, good atmosphere for a good night out.
A really nice cosy bar area place.

Visited December 2013
Zalena K, Owner at Jimmy's of Chicago, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
We're thrilled you think we're the place to be for a good night out, Brian. It's great to hear you're a fan of our Chicago Italian homestyle cooked pizzas. Our friendly staff makes for a friendly atmosphere, so we're glad you feel at home here. Thanks for the excellent feedback!

All the best,
Zalena K, Owners

San Tan Valley, Arizona
“Don't call yourself something you're not.”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Born and raised in Chicago, I'm tough on restaurants out here. I've been to Luke's of Chicago and they are really good but a distance to travel. So my husband and I tried Jimmy's this afternoon.

I was craving an Italian Beef sandwich with sweet peppers and dipped. Well I was disappointed with what I was given. The beef was not sliced thin enough, the roll was all wrong (too doughy), and it wasn't dipped, they just give you more au jus in a cup. I tasted the au jus and it was mediocre.

The owner told us the original was in Forest Park, Illinois. If you've ever had a Mr. Beef or Al's you'll know immediately that Jimmy's didn't hit the mark.

From now on I'll travel to Luke's of Chicago where they know how to make an authentic Beef Sandwich and have Jay's potato chips.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank PenAnne
ft. wayne in
“First time there good times”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

The first time my wife and I went there we enjoyed the crowd and Mediterranean salad, have gone there about four times since and the salad has been underwhelming and tried the pastas and pizzas, very average, tonight were going to give them one last try, well salad was very plain and when we received the pizza my wife couldn't cut thru her piece there was a dime stuck to the bottom!! Manager offered us a gift certificate to come again!! 15 dollars!! We didn't even eat the 20 dollar pizza!! Will contact the board of health!!

1 Thank gary82459
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good Food -- a bit pricey for Chicago style pizza.”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Good food -- pleasant atmosphere...Terry is a real nice manager but food is a bit pricey.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Gabriel P
Zalena K, Owner at Jimmy's of Chicago, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
We're so pleased you stopped by! Happy to hear you enjoyed our cozy atmosphere, and we're thrilled that you loved the Chicago Italian homestyle cooked pizza. We use nothing but fresh ingredients in our kitchen, which does translate into our price. That said, it's so great to know the fresh taste really came through in your pizza. Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we're doing.

All the best,
Zalena K, Owners
Phoenix, AZ
“Not a fan”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

This place is just ok. IMO, there are definitely better italian restaurants. It is edible but that's about it. Will not go back.

Visited April 2012