“Nice new hotel outside Phoenix”

Hyatt Place Phoenix/Gilbert
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Gilbert
Reviewed 5 December 2013

It is a long way from PHX so rent a car. Hotel has a great shuttle service but really only to the Santan Village Mall. With luck there are several reasonable restaurants there. Gilbert has other restaurants but we will never know - outside shuttle range! The hotel has many good features with hot/cold breakfast, coffee bar and limited dinner menu and bar. Rooms are small suites so make for a comfortable stay. Downside is the location needs transportation and some noise from the highway outside.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side might be quieter
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank R_V_travel_11

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We arrived at shift change (or it looked like shift change) at 1230 am. We wanted info at 3 pm the next day and tried to check out at 7 am the following day. Huge mistake - one entire front desk associate is buried in their daily checklist leaving one (or none) to help guests...notice I said guests as in multiples. There were 8 of us at the desk at 1230 am trying to check in. And in the middle of it, shift change happened. Stop the presses, stop the flow, forget getting these folks who obviously are tired to their rooms. The next day was the same thing. I started my question with one shift and they passed it off (in front of me) to the next. Saturday morning, it was nose to the checklist and forget about the guest and there were 20 of us in the lobby. COME ON! The checklist isn't why you're there. If hotels could automate it, they would. They can't automate the guest contact - that human connection that says "we're glad you're here" and "how can I help you"! They were friendly, when you could get to them. Off of that rant, let's talk about the rooms - our was fine, small by the other rooms I saw during the weekend. And the toilet door - you have to step around the toilet to shut it. It's too big or the bathroom is too small or both. Other rooms had no problem. The 01 rooms are HUGE and the two-bedded rooms are next. Don't go for the king-sized beds - the smallest rooms of all. Try the Hampton Inn next door.

Room Tip: Ask for the 01 rooms, a corner room or the rooms with two beds.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jacksondc
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed here for four nights while visiting family. Very clean, and comfortable, while reasonably priced. It is conveniently off the exit ramp on the EZ 202 loop. Breakfast was included. There were lots of kids there during my stay, but the hotel was very quiet.

Room Tip: The handicap accessible rooms are especially spacious to accommodate wheelchairs
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I asked for an early wake-up call and ever got it. Thank goodness I just set my cell phone. I let the front desk person know that I wanted the manager to contact me and I left my number. No call back. I got back to my room and started to work on my laptop. Knock, knock... Housekeeping at 4:10 p.m. I turned the housekeeper away. I called the front desk and asked for the manager and finally got a call back. He stated that when I stay here again I should let them know that I plan on being my room at 4 p.m. to avoid housekeeping cleaning my room so late. ? Whatever? He didn't have any explanation for no wake up call other than I should try him again for another wake-up call. Yeah... right. Be prepared for a small bathroom that you have to close the door behind you, and no TV in your bedroom area.

Room Tip: Choose a room where you don't need a wake-up call and one in which you will arrive after 5 p.m...
Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank savvytravelers40
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Very clean. Very friendly staff. Excellent service. Room was comfy and clean. Nice amenities and great breakfast spread in the morning. Healthy and filling. Coming back again and again! Near great restaurants and relatively close to airport

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Passing through area so this was a good location at a good AAA price. Very nice rooms with a different layout that is quite functional. Refrigerator is a plus. And the breakfast is a bit different than some of its competitors. Close to many restaurants at new upscale outdoor mall.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed here for one night, but that was enough for me to see that it was a good choice! The staff was very nice and professional while I was there. The rooms were modern and clean - with a separate sitting area - which is nice if you are traveling with family/friends.
The pool was small, so if you're looking for a resort in AZ - this isn't it! However when we used the pool, we were the only ones in it at the time, so worked out fine.
I wasn't impressed by the breakfast... definitely didn't look like the picture in the elevator. Overall, though, it was a great hotel value, and I would recommend and stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilbert
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Gilbert
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Gilbert
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix East Mesa
Residence Inn Phoenix Gilbert
Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa
Four Points by Sheraton at Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport

Been to Hyatt Place Phoenix/Gilbert? Share your experiences!