“Trendy, business travel friendly hotel”

Hyatt Place Phoenix/Gilbert
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Gilbert
Burbank, California
“Trendy, business travel friendly hotel”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Pros: extra large suites, modern look & feel, convenient 24/7 bistro and Starbucks downstairs. I've stayed her 2x in the past 4 months and the service has been great both times. Their dry-cleaning service is same-day, which is very convenient. Their free breakfast buffet is decent, free wifi, free B&W printing and free parking are excellent!

FYI: Housekeeping will leave soap, shampoo (and sometimes conditioner) only. If you need anything else (ex. lotion) which is typically left in the restroom, you have to ask for it at the front desk.

Cons: You cannot turn the AC to full-power 'on'. You can only use the automatic or off settings which means it turns on & off all night. This is probably for energy savings but I found it annoying. The coffee at the breakfast buffet is not the best quality. Fortunately there's a Starbucks in the lobby.

Overall: I will definitely return for business travel for all of the reasons noted in pro's! I've learned to bring my own lotion (or ask at the front desk) and I buy my Starbucks to overcome the poor coffee served in the room & at the buffet.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Justin C, Manager at Hyatt Place Phoenix/Gilbert, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear valued guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am so glad you were able to enjoy the amenities we had to offer, and I want to thank you for your compliments on our service! I apologize that our A/C was not up to your standards. The next time you stay, please call the front desk and request to have the A/C turned on manual, and we would be happy to assist you! This will make it so on "off" the unit will stay off, or stay completely on and not shut on and off during the night.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel staff very friendly and rooms clean. We came to see the fourth of July firework show and was able to get a top floor room. However we were unable to actually see the show we came here for but was able to enjoy 5 others at the same time.

Breakfast was real and it was good! Not a mini bar with mini food. Clean self service area with lots of room to sit and eat.

We plan on staying here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DONALD W
kidcrutch1
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This little hotel is Bright, Clean, Convenient, and the Staff is friendly, professional and accommodating!

We had to stay at the Hyatt Place Gilbert while we were having some work done on our home. It was a very pleasant stay. There are no frills, however, there is Breakfast in the AM, nothing fancy, but good enough to start the day, and great coffee.

We had a standard room, it is large it had a desk, a couch, and a king size bed. We were there 9 days, and we were perfectly comfortable.

The Staff was always accommodating we had to extend our stay 2 times. They also take good care of you at the bar.. again, its not a night club or anything fancy, but if you want a cocktail at the end of the day.. they have it.. the Salads were delicious for lunch and we even had burgers at in the downstairs bar one night, it was good. My kids enjoyed the Quesadillas! ;)

The pool area is not huge, but it was fine, and clean.

There is a work out room to get you a quick simple workout!

We got a newspaper every weekday morning.

The only thing I thought was weird was the closet, if you needed to use the couch you would have a hard time fitting anything more than a Roll Aboard into that weird closet set up...

For the price it was a great value and I would stay there again!

Room Tip: We were on the Third Floor Facing East... you get the AM sun, but it is cooler in the afternoon and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kristin E
San Diego
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here in June 2014 while visiting family. We were extremely pleased with the reception and the room. We had a king bed which was comfortable, a sitting area with a large HD TV that could swivel between the sleeping area or the sitting area which had a large L-shaped couch and huge ottoman. A separate desk and fridge were nice bonuses. The bathroom had a huge walk-in shower. We decided to extend our stay, as this was one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in, especially for the off-season prices. The breakfasts were very good. Plenty of seating, free newspapers and news on TVs. Location was excellent, near great shopping and the 202 loop freeway.

Room Tip: Higher floors have almost no freeway noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim B
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here in June 2014 while the floors in our home were being replaced and had a good experience. Our room came with a king bed and a nice little sitting area with an L shaped sofa and ottoman. The room also had a desk and dry bar w/ mini fridge. The bed was soft and comfy and we consistently got good night's sleep. A couple minor complaints were that the AC was right next to the bed and worked a little too well....to get the overall air temperature where we wanted I was freezing cold as the air blew on me. We also thought the closet space was pretty confined as we were not able to lay our large suitcase on the luggage rack and still open the top.

The included continental breakfast was quite good every morning...usually including a couple different hot dishes as well as the normal cereals and breads. They also have a 24/7 menu of sandwiches and snacks. The menu is a little limited as it didn't appear they had a full kitchen but the food was much better than expected. We made it a habit to go down for a drink (they have a limited selection of beers and liquors on hand) and a snack most nights.

Most of our interaction was with the night staff and we found them to be super friendly, polite, and very accommodating.

Although we live in the area and aren't likely to stay there again ourselves I would have no reservations recommending this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel was very nice, the rooms comfortable, but the customer service in response to a minor issue was rude and unprofessional. We booked and were confirmed through Hotwire for 4 people. When we got there we found out we were assigned a single King size bed. The person helping me was flustered with a new reservation system, and at first could not even find our room. When I let her know there was a problem, she informed me that I had to have Hotwire change the reservation. She gave me the wrong number and Hotwire told her it was the hotel's issue. The final result being that she basically made me feel like this was all MY FAULT that I used Hotwire. Eventually, we got our room with double beds, but my request for an extra blanket was ignored. Our TV was broken and the phone was stuck on speaker. At this point they offered to change our room, but we were exhausted and mad. The next morning I was again told by the front desk that the only solution to my bad experience was to not use Hotwire. So, my take away is that it's ok to be unwelcoming and give bad service if you don't book directly with the hotel. I was offered minimal and half hearted apologies and encouraged "to stay with us again" Why?! We were part of large group who had booked multiple rooms, so now they lost my business and their business for future trips. Again, love the facility, but the staff really needs to be retrained in how to treat their guests.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michelle O
California
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I love staying at Hyatt Place when we travel. We love the modern rooms and the extra space afforded by having a sitting area separate from the sleeping area. Hyatt Place is great value - good design, modern conveniences, lower prices. The little bistro is super convenient for 24/7 fresh food. We usually stay at the one in Tempe when we visit Phoenix, but this time we stayed in Gilbert since it was closer to Santan Valley where we were visiting family. While the hotel is nice, the location felt very remote and commercial to us. Would have given it 4 stars, but for the location and in the particular room we had the bed was a bit firm and the air conditioning exceptionally loud.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank snobbins
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilbert
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Gilbert
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Gilbert
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix East Mesa
Four Points by Sheraton at Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport
Residence Inn Phoenix Gilbert
Home2 Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler

Been to Hyatt Place Phoenix/Gilbert? Share your experiences!