“Exceeding Expectations”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Gilbert
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Gilbert
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We were very pleased with the attitude of each staff person we encountered during our stay. They seems genuinely sincere in wanting to make our stay the best possible. The staff exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Amanda B, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Gilbert, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you so much for the review and for being our guest! This is exactly how every guest should feel and with you, we nailed it! Thank you again for being our guest and sharing on tripadvisor.com, please come back soon and often!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

The Hotel and staff seems to understand the needs of business travelers. Meals ok in a pinch, with plenty of choices close by. Hotel was quiet, clean, well maintained. No issues with my stay. Seems that "tripadvisor" requires a minimum of 200 characters...so I need to blah, blah, in order to post this review. I wonder if I now have 200 Characters. Oops, too many repeated characters.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the review and being our guest! We love the blah, blah, blah!!! So fun, please come back and visit us again. :)

Reviewed 11 April 2014

By far the worse experience we have had at a Hilton hotel. The customer service was not great, I was told one thing when booking about transportation and that was not the truth. I asked to speak to the manager and they wouldn't let me .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie R

Thank you for staying with us and selecting the DoubleTree by Hilton. We are disappointed to hear your stay was horrible. We do have transportation which leads me to believe there is some confusion here. Please contact myself directly and we can work through it. Thank you again.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have not even checked in yet...but really irritated at how short sighted this Hilton is with their cancellation policy. I am traveling on business, my meetings shifted so instead of three nights, I only needed one. When I went to reduce my stay, I was told I would be charged for the one night because I missed the cut off by 6 hours.

Let's think about this...I was planning on still staying at the hotel -- so they were going to get my money. But now I am so disappointed that even as a silver member of Hilton Honors...that their lack of flexibility has created more of an impetus for me to give my biz traveler dollars to Marriott.

To add to my discontent, I recently stayed at a Doubletree which was rated a 3.5 star...and it's not. Horrible.

I would expect more from the Hilton brand.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Amanda B, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Gilbert, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

We understand your frustration in regards to not being able to shorten your stay. There are several variables that could play into the reasoning behind not being able to cancel however, we believe in providing good customer service and it is clear this was not the case in your situation. It would be great to discuss your concerns and see how we may redeem ourselves and earn back your loyalty. Please contact myself directly; my name is Amanda 480-809-4100. Thank you in advance and I look forward to making the situation right.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed here overnight to be close to the Mesa airport for the trip home. Everything was very nice but we did not use any of the amenities due to time constraints. Shopping mall nearby. Would stay there again when we travel to Phoenix area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Amanda B, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Gilbert, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

We're glad you selected us as your departing hotel and look forward to your return (if you return to this area). Please visit us again to take advantage of the onsite restaurant, shuttle, and full service spa. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Good hotel with a typical Hilton price. There were warm cookies (always a plus). I have to admit we were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room (much larger than our typical 2 bed with a sofa sleeper room). Hotel has a great location close enough to some great dining and shopping but low noise. Quiet room as well. Staff was pleasant and helpful as we always experience at any Hilton brand. The pool was nice but small. Our only complaints would be there seemed to be limited parking in the parking lot. The pool was untidy (just needed to be more regularly checked by staff and the used towels picked up) and the same for the fitness center. Aside from that it was a great hotel overall.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Your response is helpful, thank you for sharing! We will add checking the pool area more often to our attendant’s checklist. We are getting new gym equipment so come back and see the upgrades we've put in place. Thank you again for sharing and please visit soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Very friendly, quiet, charming, clean and comfortable. Nice and accommodating place. Great value and situation in the Gilbert area. Kind of out of the way. But easy access to all major roads. Just next to where I needed to train; so excellent location for me. Easy to find your way from this area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

It was great to have you as our guest. Thank you so much for sharing your review about the hotel!! Please stay with us again soon and often.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilbert
Hyatt Place Phoenix/Gilbert
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Gilbert
Residence Inn Phoenix Gilbert
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix East Mesa
Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites
Four Points by Sheraton at Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Gilbert? Share your experiences!