“The real deal”

Ranked #6 of 464 Restaurants in Gilbert
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This restaurant is incredible. Excellent atmosphere, hospitality and execution. The food is always top notch. Very impressed overall. I'm surprised they don't have more...just goes to show that they are very focused on making this one as good as possible.

1  Thank Oren M

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The restaurant is actually more like a "walk-through" diner... the best seating is outside under the trees. It is serve yourself from a counter, but the food is awesome! Featured on HGTV's Drive-Ins and Diners, this little spot is loaded with history and great food. My favorites are the Fontina Cheese Burger and the Farm Chicken sandwich, both with Sweet Potato fries, please!

2  Thank Michelle T
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

The food was delicious and the atmosphere was great! The people working there were all friendly and our food arrived fast. It was pleasant sitting outside on a June afternoon thanks to the water misters. Loved seeing the grapefruit and oranges growing on the trees out front. If we are ever in Arizona again we will definitely be back here.

1  Thank Alp186
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This place is like something out of a movie. Has a 50's feel, vintage, like from American Graffiti.
Food was delicious. I had the turkey burger that was 2x bigger than any I have ever had. I told them to hold the cranberry sauce. Sweet potato fries were better than Disneyland's.
My son had the grilled cheese that was good as we'll.
We went during the week and had a late lunch to avoid any crowds.
Can't wait to try their breakfast. This place is a must!!

1  Thank Anna S
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was happy with the food, I got the veggie burger. However, the counter help was not professional and did not listen very well and they weren't even that busy. Also, the main thing for me was the cleanliness of EVERYTHING! I had to wipe of a table in the indoor seating area with sanitizing wipes about five times before it seemed clean! And for some reason the doors were open, letting all the fly's in! Just not an appetizing dining experience, which is sad because the food is good.