“Quality Inn in Glendale, AZ”

Comfort Inn & Suites At Talavi
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Litchfield Park
“Quality Inn in Glendale, AZ”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Just checked in and was amazed by the size of the room! In town for a friend's wedding and stayed in one of the suites at the Quality Inn at Talavi. Amazing hotel and the room was fantastic! The counter space in the bathroom is huge and great for all the girls to get ready in! With two bathrooms in the one room we are sure to have enough time for all of us to get ready. Everything is nice and clean and the hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. Would definitely recommend to anyone

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jo B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Hands down the dirtiest place I have ever stayed at. Checked out the next day and moved to another hotel. I was third in line at the front desk to complain. The first lady wanted her $ back because of the filth. She wouldn't even take a shower because it was so disgusting. The next guy asked when they were going to clean and heat the hot tub, since it hadn't been done his entire stay. My NO SMOKING ROOM room: furniture had to be covered it was so dirty & the "clean" sheets I got from the front desk were horrible...all kinds of spots-my blanket had pink stains on it-extra bedspread had cig burn marks-the towels had black hair...I'm blonde-windows/mirrors/balcony full of cig butts & never cleaned-broken floor tiles so the toilet rocked-toilets were dirty-wall and ceiling dirty-gross dirty carpets throughout the entire building ETC ETC. Someone dropped the ball on a fitness center too. They said that they did not renew their membership with the fitness club down the street. The parking lot was a hot mess, and the only trees/shade needed to be trimmed so you could actually park near them! The MANAGER said the owners couldn't renovate because of the economy. I never said anything about a renovation, I simply said the lack of cleanliness was unacceptable! I get not wanting to change all the carpets & furniture....I don't get NOT CLEANING the place. The manager just stared at me with a blank look...he knew EVERYTHING I was saying was true & he had heard it time and time again....but didn't dare comment. I blame the owners group not the manager that's just trying to make a buck! Stay away!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Harley B
Manitou Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 6 October 2011

The staff were excellent, the breakfast was ok, the pool and hottub were clean, I felt like my car and my person were safe, the bed was soft, nice layout in the rooms, limited cable channels, free WiFi, good ice machine and quite after dark.
I suggest you look at the room before lugging your stuff in just to be sure of the view. My first room looked directly in the window of another but the kind manager on duty switched me to a 3rd floor room overlooking the pool.
Breakfast is from 6-9 a.m. and is plain bagels, waffels, toast, yogurt, cereal, muffins...the usual.

Room Tip: Seems like the rooms ending in 17-23 are overlooking the pool
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Dogperson17
Reviewed 8 June 2011

The hotel is very nice. We loved relaxing in the pool under the hot phx sun. The hotel is in a very convenient location. The mall is close by and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. This is a nice hotel to get a away for the weekend. Staff was friendly and accommodating to our needs. We recommend this hotel for everyone.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank bob0808
San Diego
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Stayed two nights visiting family. The hotel is located in a great location next to several good restaurants and easy to locate. The hotel itself is a little worn and could use a could cleaning if a renovation isn't planned soon. Front desk person was nice (I believe he may have been the manager) and we were expected. The room we were put in was okay except for the bathroom. Tub had quite a bit of mold throughout and smelled bad. We asked for another room and were put in a suite - the front desk folks were polite and apologetic. The suite was large, but it needed a good dusting and the walls were dirty with remnants of previous guests. Toilet in bedroom was not secure because of broken tiles. The hallways needed vacuuming and the carpets were really soiled with dirt. The breakfast room had a good spread of light food, but the carpet was filthy. It's obvious that the cleaning staff just give the minimum effort and what this place needs is a good cleaning, hire a good handyman, and to check each room for issues. No business center and no toiletry shop is inconvenient. Parking lot is dimly lit in the back making it rather dangerous. It has lots of potential if owners put some effort into it.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EANDMINSD
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 25 April 2011

As frequent traveller to the West Phoenix area, I found this hotel to be the best in its class. From the staff to the boutique feel, I got a sense that I was visiting for leisure not business. I always look forward to staying at the quality inn during my visits to the area. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank softwarepro
Grand Junction, CO
Reviewed 24 January 2011

We stayed at this hotel for about 4 minutes. We got our keys after speaking with a VERY pleasant and sweet lady at the front desk. The first impressions were that the hotel was cleaned to health code spec and nothing more. There were visible stains on the covers, sheets, and mattress pads.

The first thing we do when we show up to a hotel, is to do a quick scan for bed bugs. Well... we found them on the mattress right away! (on the second floor).

We quickly took all our stuff back downstairs to quickly inspect (just in case they climbed aboard in the 45 seconds we had the bags on the ground. The lady at the front desk seemed embarrassed and apologized a few times, but also QUICKLY refunded our money with no question.

YIKES!!! Close call. Don't go there... save yourself money in the long haul and spend a little more for a cleaner hotel!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank shortandhat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Thunderbird Executive Inn & Conference Center
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix West Peoria

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites At Talavi? Share your experiences!