“Very disappointing!”

Comfort Inn & Suites At Talavi
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I was given a group rate of $69.00 per night for a single room with a king sized bed. The hotel sent me an e-mail with confirmation number guaranteeing the $69.00 per night rate. The manager, an extremely rude young man, called me an hour later and stated that his hotel would NOT honor the $69.00 per night and was, instead, charging me $89.00 per night, even though they had already sent confirmation. I made the reservation by calling the hotel directly so the mistake was not made by an intermediary (Priceline, etc...). AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Jim S

Reviewed 27 February 2012

At first view, this place looks fine and the front desk staff is friendly and helpful (unless you ask for a towel). Upon closer review there are lots of things that need updating, cleaned and repaired. Our room had a two large stains in the carpet and the sheets were not overly impressive. You get just two towels, made of cardboard. The bed had a huge hole in it, or broken boxspring. I turned the mattress myself and that helped a bit (I would guess it was never done). Because of the hole, my wife and I rolled "downhill" all night and slept awful. The shower has little pressure and not a lot of hot water. The stairwells are stacked with excess "stuff" including a roll-away bed that protrudes into the egress path (a firecode violation). Most surfaces are dirty or chipped. The breakfast is a typical cold cereal and breads - nothing great.

Room Tip: Ask for an internet rate or discount and you might get one.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MTHOTELS
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Stayed here and we liked the hotel. Staff was good and helpful. There were lots of good restaurants in the area. Hotel is convenient to lots of shopping. Overall the rooms were nice and comfy. Enjoyed the place.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I took 10 high school students and another adult to a student leadership convention at a nearby high school. We had reservations for 5 rooms. After 15 years of taking students to this particular convention (held at different places around Arizona), I can easily say The Quality Inn & Suies at Talavi is one of the best motels we've been in!

Reservations: Easy to make
Check-in: Everything was ready for us, no hassle at all
Rooms: Large, well-appointed. In each room: TV, microwave, refrigerator, iron, ironing board, coffee maker, hair dryer. All of this was extremely important when traveling with high school students - and everything worked! Room temperature is easily manipulated so you will be comfortable.
Cleanliness: Superb! I noticed a small stain on the carpet, but the only reason I noticed it was that I dropped an earring and had to get down on the floor to find it - that's when I noticed the stain.
Complimentary breakfast: Wow - even some protein items for diabetics (NOT usually part of a free continental breakfast). Bagels, pastries, cereal, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, toast, coffee, juices, and waffles. Breakfast served 6-9am so it fits most everyone's travel schedule. TV in the breakfast room.
Staff: VERY friendly and accommodating! Traveling with students can be pretty stressful, but the staff here made it so much nicer!
Beds/Sheets: This has to be one of the most comfortable motel beds I've ever slept on - and the sheets smooth and fresh.
Location: Quality Inn & Suites at Talavi is right on Bell Road ... near shopping, pharmacy, fast food restaurants and sit-down restaurants.
Pool/Spa: We didn't use either so I can't comment on that.
Free WiFi: They were having problems with the WiFi and were attempting to get it fixed. Connection was easy and strong, but after awhile it would drop and I'd have to disconnect and then connect again. That was frustrating, but I still got my work done ... and they are aware of the problem.
Recommendation: I will definitely stay here again should the need arise. Our two-night stay was a real pleasure!

Room Tip: Try to get one away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2011

While the hotel was clean and comfortable, the staff really made the hotel. They were very helpful, polite and friendly. I had a couple of small problems which they took care of immediately (there was someone at my room within minutes of me reporting that the television wasn't working).

There were a couple of big events during the weekend, so I think the hotel was fully booked, but at didn't seem overly crowded. The breakfast area is quite small so people might have had difficult finding somewhere to sit, but I didn't notice it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Just checked in and was amazed by the size of the room! In town for a friend's wedding and stayed in one of the suites at the Quality Inn at Talavi. Amazing hotel and the room was fantastic! The counter space in the bathroom is huge and great for all the girls to get ready in! With two bathrooms in the one room we are sure to have enough time for all of us to get ready. Everything is nice and clean and the hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. Would definitely recommend to anyone

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jo B
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Hands down the dirtiest place I have ever stayed at. Checked out the next day and moved to another hotel. I was third in line at the front desk to complain. The first lady wanted her $ back because of the filth. She wouldn't even take a shower because it was so disgusting. The next guy asked when they were going to clean and heat the hot tub, since it hadn't been done his entire stay. My NO SMOKING ROOM room: furniture had to be covered it was so dirty & the "clean" sheets I got from the front desk were horrible...all kinds of spots-my blanket had pink stains on it-extra bedspread had cig burn marks-the towels had black hair...I'm blonde-windows/mirrors/balcony full of cig butts & never cleaned-broken floor tiles so the toilet rocked-toilets were dirty-wall and ceiling dirty-gross dirty carpets throughout the entire building ETC ETC. Someone dropped the ball on a fitness center too. They said that they did not renew their membership with the fitness club down the street. The parking lot was a hot mess, and the only trees/shade needed to be trimmed so you could actually park near them! The MANAGER said the owners couldn't renovate because of the economy. I never said anything about a renovation, I simply said the lack of cleanliness was unacceptable! I get not wanting to change all the carpets & furniture....I don't get NOT CLEANING the place. The manager just stared at me with a blank look...he knew EVERYTHING I was saying was true & he had heard it time and time again....but didn't dare comment. I blame the owners group not the manager that's just trying to make a buck! Stay away!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business