“hardly satisfactory”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
“hardly satisfactory”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Came in late and left early, I just needed a bed to sleep in, but even then the accommodations were less than impressive. I slept under the staircase so there was a lot of staff noise in the morning, as well as I could clearly hear the bathroom noise from the next room. Then I tried to make coffee in the morning and there was leftover old stale in the pot from the previous guest. Gross! I may just have a bad taste because of the location of my room, but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Joan K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tucson
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I was given a group rate of $69.00 per night for a single room with a king sized bed. The hotel sent me an e-mail with confirmation number guaranteeing the $69.00 per night rate. The manager, an extremely rude young man, called me an hour later and stated that his hotel would NOT honor the $69.00 per night and was, instead, charging me $89.00 per night, even though they had already sent confirmation. I made the reservation by calling the hotel directly so the mistake was not made by an intermediary (Priceline, etc...). AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jim S
Helena, Montana, USA
Reviewed 27 February 2012

At first view, this place looks fine and the front desk staff is friendly and helpful (unless you ask for a towel). Upon closer review there are lots of things that need updating, cleaned and repaired. Our room had a two large stains in the carpet and the sheets were not overly impressive. You get just two towels, made of cardboard. The bed had a huge hole in it, or broken boxspring. I turned the mattress myself and that helped a bit (I would guess it was never done). Because of the hole, my wife and I rolled "downhill" all night and slept awful. The shower has little pressure and not a lot of hot water. The stairwells are stacked with excess "stuff" including a roll-away bed that protrudes into the egress path (a firecode violation). Most surfaces are dirty or chipped. The breakfast is a typical cold cereal and breads - nothing great.

Room Tip: Ask for an internet rate or discount and you might get one.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MTHOTELS
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Stayed here and we liked the hotel. Staff was good and helpful. There were lots of good restaurants in the area. Hotel is convenient to lots of shopping. Overall the rooms were nice and comfy. Enjoyed the place.

• Stayed February 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I took 10 high school students and another adult to a student leadership convention at a nearby high school. We had reservations for 5 rooms. After 15 years of taking students to this particular convention (held at different places around Arizona), I can easily say The Quality Inn & Suies at Talavi is one of the best motels we've been in!

Reservations: Easy to make
Check-in: Everything was ready for us, no hassle at all
Rooms: Large, well-appointed. In each room: TV, microwave, refrigerator, iron, ironing board, coffee maker, hair dryer. All of this was extremely important when traveling with high school students - and everything worked! Room temperature is easily manipulated so you will be comfortable.
Cleanliness: Superb! I noticed a small stain on the carpet, but the only reason I noticed it was that I dropped an earring and had to get down on the floor to find it - that's when I noticed the stain.
Complimentary breakfast: Wow - even some protein items for diabetics (NOT usually part of a free continental breakfast). Bagels, pastries, cereal, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, toast, coffee, juices, and waffles. Breakfast served 6-9am so it fits most everyone's travel schedule. TV in the breakfast room.
Staff: VERY friendly and accommodating! Traveling with students can be pretty stressful, but the staff here made it so much nicer!
Beds/Sheets: This has to be one of the most comfortable motel beds I've ever slept on - and the sheets smooth and fresh.
Location: Quality Inn & Suites at Talavi is right on Bell Road ... near shopping, pharmacy, fast food restaurants and sit-down restaurants.
Pool/Spa: We didn't use either so I can't comment on that.
Free WiFi: They were having problems with the WiFi and were attempting to get it fixed. Connection was easy and strong, but after awhile it would drop and I'd have to disconnect and then connect again. That was frustrating, but I still got my work done ... and they are aware of the problem.
Recommendation: I will definitely stay here again should the need arise. Our two-night stay was a real pleasure!

Room Tip: Try to get one away from the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dubai
Reviewed 16 November 2011

While the hotel was clean and comfortable, the staff really made the hotel. They were very helpful, polite and friendly. I had a couple of small problems which they took care of immediately (there was someone at my room within minutes of me reporting that the television wasn't working).

There were a couple of big events during the weekend, so I think the hotel was fully booked, but at didn't seem overly crowded. The breakfast area is quite small so people might have had difficult finding somewhere to sit, but I didn't notice it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Litchfield Park
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Just checked in and was amazed by the size of the room! In town for a friend's wedding and stayed in one of the suites at the Quality Inn at Talavi. Amazing hotel and the room was fantastic! The counter space in the bathroom is huge and great for all the girls to get ready in! With two bathrooms in the one room we are sure to have enough time for all of us to get ready. Everything is nice and clean and the hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. Would definitely recommend to anyone

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jo B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Thunderbird Executive Inn & Conference Center
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix West Peoria

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites At Talavi? Share your experiences!