“great local sushi”

Yellowtail Sushi & Steak
Ranked #62 of 580 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 17 June 2014

well prepared fresh sushi serv ed by very pleasant folks in a comfortable setting. sitting at the sushi bar is a fun experience.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is heaven for sushi lovers - fresh sushi, many combinations and well prepared by a very friendly staff

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Here is where I experienced sushi for the first time and I have no complaints. Went with my wife and some friends and I was able to try about 5 different rolls of sushi. All of which I liked, my wife who flat out refused to try any ordered their teriyaki chicken which I tried and it was very good as well. I will definitely be returning here to try more sushi and narrow down some favorites. I absolutely recommend everyone to try this spot. Its small and not very crowded so I was very happy about that.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

My husband and I typically drive into Surprise for sushi and for those of you living in the vicinity you know that's no easy drive! Since we drive by Yellowtail on our way home every day it's super conveniently located so we decided to give it a shot.
Our first impression walking in the door was it's a bit of an awkward entrance but we got past that quickly. We were seated immediately and told about their cocktail special, a coconut lime martini which we both ordered (and reordered) and was amazing! We ordered two appetizers, edamame and lettuce wraps and at the same time ordered several sushi rolls. The only negative I can think of was our food all came at the same time. Try the lettuce wraps. Honestly the best I've ever had.
They played 80s music, louder on the bar side but the perfect volume on the restaurant side, which is right up our tree.
We had great food, good service and have found our new sushi pace.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Our last night on vacation and this was the perfect place for dinner. The food was excellent with an amazing presentation; our server was awesome. The owner took the time to drop by our table to ask how our meal was - the food, service and atmosphere were excellent. Will definitely stop by on our next visit to Phoenix!

1  Thank Julia B