“Underseasoned Mexican Food”

Price range: US$2 - US$8
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Description: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Salsa-Blanca-Mexican-Grill/211671855509943
New York City, New York
“Underseasoned Mexican Food”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hole in the wall joint will definitely impress you with the quick and cheery service. The food however is really hit or miss. The chicken enchilada's had absolutely zero flavor which was surprising because the beef tacos were quite tasty. Whoever is in charge the kitchen needs to taste what is being served. After adding some salt, pepper, and salsa, the enchiladas had some flavor. There is a convenient salsa bar but nothing there leaves you thinking that the walk to the bar was worth it. The fish tacos were served with tarter sauce and were... disappointing. In a pinch Salsa Blanca can be good, but with the kitchen not consistently putting out quality product there is no reason to chance it given the variety of dining options in the area.

• Visited August 2014

Sun City, Arizona
“Not one Mexican in this Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

To me the best Mexican restaurant are small dive family owned places. This just isn't any of those things. The interior is actually ok. Weird animals hanging from the ceiling. But, it was clean and decent sized. But , most importantly the food was just ok. Not bad, but nothing to bring me back.

• Visited May 2014
Peoria, Arizona
“Decent Mexican food”
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

The title says it all, it was decent. Not great, not bad. The reason I say that is because I have about four more Mexican food spots I'd rather eat at. I ordered the carne asada buritto with rice & beans. Out of ten I'd give it a six. It's a small building next to a Safeway, you order your food take a number with chips & salsa and find a table. Now as for the salsa, I was honestly disappointed. The mild was runny & tasted like taco sauce. The hot was taco sauce and jalapeño pits. I prefer a chunkier salsa but this stuff had almost nothing to it. Other than that everything was pretty good. The service was great, they were all very nice & friendly. Not bad at all.

Visited December 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“It was clean and fresh but solo ordinary.”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

If you are looking for mexican food, it is not here. They have burritos, enchiladas, etc. but it's nowhere near authentic. It was clean. The atmosphere was nice. The staff seemed friendly enough. I tried 3 different items and thought they were all boring. I don't like to leaving poor reviews, but I have no desire to ever visit this place again. And... overpriced.

• Visited September 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Oh my....as a grown adult who likes to eat... Can I order off the kids menu?”
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this place by a relative. We got there and ordered our plates. You know how you get your burrito and you finish your plate wondering how you could order another without your wife finding out and giving you the look of disappointment? Well, relax guys... That won't happen here. Well.. she may still give you that look of disappointment... but not for being a pig. These plates were huge!!! Trust me... I can pack it way. I do more than I should. I struggled with finishing my plate. My 10 year old ordered a kids nacho plate. All three of my kids might have finished off that one plate... Maybe. I highly recommed this place. The staff was polite.... And the food was outstanding.

One more thing... Finally a Mexican restaurant where refried beans are served HOT. Nothing worse than Luke warm beans....

Visited June 2013