“Not too shabby”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Very easy line up order service. Menu was very interesting with a lot to offer, I had the Huevos Rancheros and they were the bomb. The salsa bar was pretty good except for the lack of chips and not a big enough bowl to put the salsa in.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

You order at the counter and they will call your number when your food is ready. I went with a friend who is a "regular" and we loved everything. They make your margarita with the vodka you select. Whoa - they were strong. My friend likes the vodka with blue agave (can't remember name).

Reviewed 1 December 2011

My wife and I ate lunch at Caramba on a recent trip to Phoenix. It is not a sit-down, order-off-the-menu kind of restaurant. You order at the counter and they call your number when your order is ready. You receive a small basket of tortilla chips to munch on while your order is being prepared. We both ordered chimichangas and margaritas. Probably the best way to describe the food is that it is better than Taco Bell but not as flavorable as a better Mexican restaurant. The margaritas were average and, apparently, only available on the rocks. My wife and I prefer frozen margaritas.

1  Thank RLNielsen
Reviewed 15 November 2008

Huge place. The food was average and the margaritas were pathetic. Definitely not authentic Mexican food.

Reviewed 2 October 2008

Caramba is wonderful for a few reasons. First, the food is delicious and second, the prices are low. The food is also more diet-friendly than that of many other Mexican restaurants. I like their green tamales very much, but because of my diabetes I usually order enchiladas. (Besides, Pedro's has better tamales.)Caramba is where I take visiting friends and relatives, especially if they are new to Mexican food as it is a perfect introduction.