“Prices good for what you get but N0 ambiance!”

Caramba Mexican Food
Ranked #54 of 591 Restaurants in Glendale
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Totally agree about the margarita - $3.75 and very generous with the alcohol content; however, don't go for the ambience! I We arrived around 6:00 on a Friday and it was crazy busy. We ordered at a counter where staff is very friendly and decided to sit outside because so crowded inside. The outside was misted and we thought this would be fun. Halfway through our meal, one half of the misters turned off and began to drip on our food plate. UGH! We moved 3 times and had the same problem. Looked around to see if others had this problem but noticed most were drinking on the patio and not eating so the effects of the magaritas are what give this place their reputation I think since the food was good but I've had better.You have to listen for your number to pick up your food and we had a hard time hearing our number called out; so our food was luke warm to boot. Too many competing mexican restaurants that are better. We won't be coming back to this place.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Very easy line up order service. Menu was very interesting with a lot to offer, I had the Huevos Rancheros and they were the bomb. The salsa bar was pretty good except for the lack of chips and not a big enough bowl to put the salsa in.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

You order at the counter and they will call your number when your food is ready. I went with a friend who is a "regular" and we loved everything. They make your margarita with the vodka you select. Whoa - they were strong. My friend likes the vodka with blue agave (can't remember name).

Reviewed 1 December 2011

My wife and I ate lunch at Caramba on a recent trip to Phoenix. It is not a sit-down, order-off-the-menu kind of restaurant. You order at the counter and they call your number when your order is ready. You receive a small basket of tortilla chips to munch on while your order is being prepared. We both ordered chimichangas and margaritas. Probably the best way to describe the food is that it is better than Taco Bell but not as flavorable as a better Mexican restaurant. The margaritas were average and, apparently, only available on the rocks. My wife and I prefer frozen margaritas.

1  Thank RLNielsen
Reviewed 15 November 2008

Huge place. The food was average and the margaritas were pathetic. Definitely not authentic Mexican food.