“Amazing service, and tasty chocolate”

Rayner's Chocolate and Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Glendale
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 19 May 2014

A friend of mine took me here for lunch while I was visiting her in Arizona. The man and woman that run this lovely store were very enjoyable and kind. We had an amazing sandwich and soup. Very affordable. We also bought some chocolate. That was some of the best chocolate I've ever had. So, tasty! This place is a must visit for some lunch. Definitely a good place to take your family.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Try the Bacon Nut Egg sandwich for a tasty breakfast. Simply delicious. All pastries are homemade including the specialty chocolates. Best of the best.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We always enjoy patronizing non-chain businesses and happened to see a mention of Rayner's in the newspaper. Even though we've passed by the small strip mall where it's located countless times, we'd never noticed it before. Now, having been there once, there's no question we'll go back as often as possible. On this initial trip we had just beverages and a snack and are now looking forward to having lunch next time. But, if you don't have strong willpower when in the presence of chocolate and other goodies, this is not a wise place for you to be. In addition to the food and drink, there's an attractive little gift shop with all kinds of things--including more temptation--from England, Scotland, and Ireland. Artwork that's for sale, too, displayed on the walls. The business card describes it as "A Fine British Artisan Bakery". You'll find really nice people and just overall, a great place to visit anytime you're in the area.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My first time here and very impressed. It was lunchtime, but there were open tables. It is in a small plaza, does not face the street, so easy to miss first time. It felt like a cozy internet or indoor European cafe/bakery. Two rooms with under a dozen tables; one room had a sewing group, well..sewing, and eating. Also the room with one wall of international foods and related items for sale. Very cute and going back to shop.
Getting to the food! Breakfast, bakery, lunch, sandwiches, soups. I had a pork and gravy sandwich which was very unique and tasty. My husband also liked his. He said good coffee. It came out quick and friendly. By the various menu items, I can't wait to try more. I'm so happy to discover my "new" neighborhood place.

1  Thank Angell66
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Rayner's is a gem, a small mom-n-pop, where we are never disappointed with what we eat. Our recent visit for lunch was no exception. Thai Chicken Sandwich was perfectly spiced. Chicken and leek soup was savory and delicious, served with homemade bread and butter. Dessert of "chocolate croissant creme brulee pudding" was a perfect ending. And we took home two "shortbread zombie fingers" for Halloween. I haven't tried them yet, but if anything like the shortbread we had a few months back, they will be delicious!
The seating has recently grown, there is always a nice chocolate selection, and now they have a small grocery containing a variety of items I haven't seen since we left Sydney, AU. And to top it off, the owners are a sweet couple who are very friendly and love what they do. I highly recommend stopping in for breakfast or lunch (or why not both?!).

1  Thank Melissa G