“Go somewhere else”

Calico Jack's Cantina
Ranked #385 of 571 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This place may be great if you are looking for a bar to have a drink. If you are looking for good food, keep looking. The service was okay but the food was not good. We had a coupon for $50 off if you spend $100. That should have been the first clue but we were with family and they wanted to eat here. The place was empty, that should have been a clue.

There are newer reviews for Calico Jack's Cantina

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I went with our 3 yr old since we were in the area and had received a gift. Cert for $100.00.

We were seated and greeted my a not so friendly server who must have been new because she had another guy following her around the entire time and she could not answer any questions that we had. Country music playing in a "mexican Cantina" not what we exected!!

We looked at the menu and i guess that in the summer they have a limited menu and it was basicly
Steak, Chicken, Shrimp and pork and you can have it in a taco in a burrito or as fajitas.
And they also had maybe 3 items on the menu for appitizers.

We started off with the nachos with chicken. The chicken was good very well seasoned but the cheese that they use was like a thick white queso looking cheese and was not great. When the man came to the table we asked if we could have some salsa for the nachos as there wasnt much cheese so it was alot of chips and pico de gallo with beans.

He never came back.

we waited a long time to finally be able to order our dinner and when we did we ordered the Shrimp buritto and the Steak Tacos my son got the chicken thenders with fries.
My husband then ordered this specialty margarita that was posted very large above the bar. Diablo Margarita. When we ordered that she didnt know what to say so then again here comes the "trainer" and said im sorry we dont have that. We said ok and asked for a different one and they again said it was out. my husband ended up with a prickly pear margarita far from what he wanted to begin with but took it. The order came and the burito was no larger then the fork we were given to eat it with. not kidding and the tacos were about the size of my 3yr olds palm. The buritto came just the buritto on the place with little green onions as a garnish, no rice or beans all this for $13.95
The tacos came 3 tacos with lime garnish for $12.95 no rice no beans no side NOTHING.
My sons chicken tenders were the best thing we ordered and the BBQ sauce was great!!
We finished eating very fast as you can imagine there wasnt much to eat. When i gave the server my gift Cert. she came back to the table with the "trainer dude" and said we could only use one per visit per table. I told him that they were a gift and no where on the card did it say that. He did not let me us my Cert. for the full amount of $100.00 for my 65.00 Bill. so not only do i have $75.00 left on it i had to pay out of pocket for a crappy meal with crappy service.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED PAY CHECK AT THIS PLACE SERVICE WAS BAD SERVER CAME TO THE TABLE WITH ATTITUDE AND ROLLED HER EYES AT US!

ALOT OF WORKERS JUST STANDING AROUND THEY LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE 15 YRS OLD WORKING AT THIS PLACE.

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Looks like it might be awesome. Food sucked. Our server was awesome... She needs to go somewhere else. Salsa too oniony food barely warm. Just not worth it. Now I know why no one is here. Iced tea was even bad... Actually sitting here now

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

While the service was good, as were the margaritas. However, the food was not. It was bland, in impressive as a Mexican food establishment located in an areas where mediocre Mexican food does not happen. It looked good but once we began the food was bland, had absolutely zero salt or season to it, and seemed like much of it could have been frozen and reheated. Not impressed and wish I would have gone to chipotle instead.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I visited Calico Jacks while waiting for friends to finish at an appointment they were at and Calico Jacks was close and easier to find. The appetizers I ordered looked great, tasted ok, until later that evening, I was severely sick, vomiting for hours. The 2 beers w/ tomato juice and spice was terrible. I will not recommend this place to anyone!!!