“Good meal, snappy service”
Review of Pedro's

Pedro's
Ranked #116 of 580 Restaurants in Glendale
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2013

if you're looking for a quaint Mexican restaurant oozing Mexican charm, skip Pedro's. This is a neighborhood restaurant that is stuck in a time warp with paneling covering the walls, along with a variety of sports pennants. The floor is mostly covered with food customers spill that no one has time to clean up. Service is prompt but not overly friendly, which is okay if you are tired of the "Hi, I'm Tiffany" type corporate restaurants. Margaritas are made with wine (guessing there is no hard liquor license here) and they are tasty, but the drink is really a wine cooler. For dinner we ordered the burrito with the San Marco's sauce and the enchiladas with the same sauce. Both were spicy, but not too hot. Overall, we enjoyed the meal and felt it was authentic Mexican. We only saw our server once after our food was delivered, but we didn't need anything and were okay with that. Some people might not like the lack of attentive service, but again, it's not corporate. Instead, it's an incredibly busy restaurant that wants you to enjoy a meal, not be smothered with attention. We'd go back.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

When I read the review from the person from Dallas saying Pedro's was better than what you get within the Texas borders, I was skeptical. But it ranked high enough on Trip Advisor to give it a try and it wasn't located in the vast strip mall of suburbia. Holy cow. That may have been one of the best cheese enchiladas I have eaten and I am a south Texas native. The chili sauce for the enchilada was perfect. My husband had the chimichanga and said it was solid Mexican fare. The beer was cold, the waitresses took good care of you. I was transported back to the best Mexican restaurants of my youth in Texas. Sure the place could use an update, but frankly, that might ruin it. And an added plus. At the register you'll see the flyer saying they support the Komen 3-Day Walk. The owner walked the Phoenix 3 Day a few years back. As a 3 Day veteran, I appreciate anyone who can train those miles and cook that well. Pedro's is on my permanent list for when we are in the Phoenix area.

1  Thank AMPWyo
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I'd read positive reviews of Pedro's so decided to eat there while visiting Glendale. We had standard dishes - tacos, enchiladas, tamales, chiles rellenos, refried beans: all were excellent. Nice service - relaxed, yet attentive.

1  Thank SeattleRoger
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Only Mexican restaurant I will eat at. I've been to other restaurant's, but not again. The service is the best and they are fast. They keep your chips and salsa coming, along with your drinks. Wonderful little place.

1  Thank Annie G
Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

We live in the Dallas, TX area and I found the food here to be more authentic and taste better than our "non-chain" Mexican restaurants back home

1  Thank ConnRa