“Excellent mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Three of us went to Pedro's on a Saturday evening. Two of us had never been there as we are new to the area, however, the other person eats at Pedro's about once a week. She had said that the restaurant is very busy around 5:00 p.m. so we waited until around 6:15 to go eat. We were able to get seated immediately. Our server came to our table immediately to get our drink order and then returned promptly to take our dinner orders. I ordered a combination platter which included two tacos and an enchilada. One lady ordered the chili relleno and the other one ordered a chimichanga. The food was excellent. I will definitely be returning to Pedro's as frequently as my "trying to eat healthy allows!"

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Small family place that has been there for decades.

Oldtime atmosphere and great food.

Some tips:

Maybe the best beef tamales we have ever eaten.

The chicken tacos are one's that many folks rave about and get rewards.
I prefer the beef ones, very good shredded beef.

Complimentary salsas served with chips are fresh and outstanding.
Two come with the chips automatically, a hot & sweet one, be sure to ask for the third one a chunky hot one.

No hard liquor so margs are essentially wine coolers.

The wait staff has a team system going, so you just don't have one server, don't be shy about flaging someone down.

Overall, very solid place.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

While this restaurant didn't look stylish or overly appealing from the outside as soon as you walked inside you istantly felt like you were in the heart of Mexico sitting in one of the little 'El Cantina's'. The waitresses are friendly & helpful & the food was amazing! I was pleasantly surprised to see they offer a 'lighter portion' menu as I'm not a huge eater & neither is my husband. Definitely will return & tell all our friends.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I'm ashamed to admit that I've lived in Glendale for 10 years, and until last week had never eaten here. I love this place! Fresh salsa, great food and service was top notch! Can't wait to go back.

3  Thank barbels
Reviewed 31 March 2013

if you're looking for a quaint Mexican restaurant oozing Mexican charm, skip Pedro's. This is a neighborhood restaurant that is stuck in a time warp with paneling covering the walls, along with a variety of sports pennants. The floor is mostly covered with food customers spill that no one has time to clean up. Service is prompt but not overly friendly, which is okay if you are tired of the "Hi, I'm Tiffany" type corporate restaurants. Margaritas are made with wine (guessing there is no hard liquor license here) and they are tasty, but the drink is really a wine cooler. For dinner we ordered the burrito with the San Marco's sauce and the enchiladas with the same sauce. Both were spicy, but not too hot. Overall, we enjoyed the meal and felt it was authentic Mexican. We only saw our server once after our food was delivered, but we didn't need anything and were okay with that. Some people might not like the lack of attentive service, but again, it's not corporate. Instead, it's an incredibly busy restaurant that wants you to enjoy a meal, not be smothered with attention. We'd go back.