“Best Business Hotel Period”

Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This is an absolutely fantastic property and my personal favorite renaissance property of all that I've stayed out. The staff is extremely attentive. The members lounge is fantastic. The suites are big and great for entertaining or just getting in some good work. The multiple pools help out a ton with the shifty weather and the on property fitness center is absolutely one of the best I've ever been too inside any hotel chain.

Room Tip: corner suites are fantastic!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Nate O

Thanks for your response on trip advisor about your stay. We are glad you had a great stay and were able to accomplish your work goals while still being able to utilize our amenities at the hotel. We hope that you will come back and stay with us soon!

Safe Travels!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel because it was the closest to the repair shop that was fixing my car during a cross-country trip. Everything was okay - typical Marriott hotel (I've stayed in many Marriotts over the years - Platinum Elite in their loyalty program). The biggest issue I have with this hotel is the location. Unless you are going to a Phoenix Coyotes hockey game, the fact that the hotel is adjacent to the rink and that it is the primary view from half of the rooms takes away from the hotel. Other than that, it was standard Marriott Renaissance brand.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a suite, and try to get a room facing somewhere other than the freeway or the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

GoldenViewer,

Thank you for taking the itme to write about our hotel. I'm sorry that you only had a chance to see the stadium and arena...we do also have a Tanger outlet mall just adjacent to the hotel as well as the Westgate Entertainment Center which has restaurants, bars and a movie theater as well. Next time you come through, please see our Navigator and they would be happy to point you in the direction of other activities as well.

As always....Safe Travels!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Just stayed here on a weekend night, and had not been here for several years. The hotel has a great location for the sports facilities nearby, as well as many bars and restaurants a short walking distance from the front of the hotel. The hotel is showing a few signs of wear but is still a nice quality hotel with comfortable rooms.

Marriott Gold Elite members who are used to getting club level benefits will be missing them at this hotel. A voucher for the breakfast buffet is provided, however. I have seen some great club level benefits at other Renaissance properties on weekends, but not at this location. The breakfast buffet was good, but not great. Next time I'll look to stay at a JW Marriott or other upscale property for these benefits.

The hotel charges $10/day for self parking in a garage, and $15/day for valet parking, so I went with valet. Since the location is in a huge shopping center, it is a bit strange to have to pay for parking in Glendale, Arizona. Perhaps this is due to the location near the major sports facilities.

The hotel was very empty during my stay, but if the property's management team worked a little harder on their overall offering, I suspect business would be stronger. Overall, this seems like a good property if you are in town for a sports event at the stadiums next door.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

IlliniRon,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay. I apologize about your disappointment with our concierge lounge closed on the weekends, but this is why we offer a full breakfast for our rewards guests which is actually more than what we offer in the lounge. I will definitely take your comments back to our Food and Beverage team to see if we can make changes for our Platinum guests.

Thanks for the feedback and safe travels!

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed 5 nights on business and had a corner suite. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The hotel is very clean and nice. Great location with plenary of restaurants and a movie theater within walking distance. The staff is friendly and hospitable. The concietge is nice too. I ate once at the restaurant, ordered room service for a Caesar salad with chicken. The chicken was good, but my lettuce was old and browning around the edges. This was quite disappointing at the time, but again, plenty of options near-by. Try the Yard House, great food...and fresh! My only other feedback is for their wi-fi; while the speeds were good at about 5-6 mbps, the connection requires constant login, which can get a bit aggravating over several days stay. Overall, a very nice hotel and true to Marriott brand. Will be back for sure!

• Stayed: September 2013
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

DC2011dc,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay. I have passed on your information about your food quality to our chef so he is made aware of the salad you had ordered. I do apologize for this, and it is not a part of our high standards we set for us at the hotel. We do hope that you will come back and visit us again and continue to give us feedback as it only makes us better! Thanks again!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Had not idea what to expect, so my expectations were not really in play. This hotel is just dynamite. The decor is top notch, brand new. If it is not new, they did a stellar job of preserving it. Ok, Outlet Shopping mall? Check. Entertainment complex with a fair array of restaurants and entertainment venues, including an arena. I loved the staff. All good, all the time. The breakfast buffet is the bomb. Only thing that I had an issue with the breakfast service, and I noticed other diners having the same issue, is the time it takes the staff to bring the coffee. Get that part right, stat. Breakfast customers want coffee to immediately follow their request for it. Now, the restaurant's position maybe that each pot is only made on request. Perfect answer. It's great coffee. Try, at least, to serve it a little sooner. A room service win was a Orecchiette pasta dish that slayed. (P.S. I didn't visit either the outlet mall or the entertainment complex. It was super to know they were there for travelers who have the time.)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

DLH-KKB

Thank you so much for your comments in regards to your stay with us. I will definitely talk with the restaurant manager in regards to your comments on service for breakfast. We appreciate that you take the time to comment on this as it only makes us improve our service levels!

We look forward to having you back at our hotel sometime soon! Safe Travels!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed here after seeing an NFL game and were really impressed by the close location to University of Phoenix stadium, shops and restaurants. The room was large, clean and the front desk staff were exceedingly helpful, including assistance from Lisa who sent us a follow up email about a future booking.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ggadventure
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

ggadventure

Thanks again for your response on your most recent stay with us here at our hotel. I will definitely pass this on to Lisa at the desk and make sure she gets acknowledgement she deserves.

Safe Travels, and we look forward to seeing you back at our hotel

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I love it! its a beautiful hotel, very comfortable and near jobiing.com arena near an outlet mall and an entertainment district, the front desk people where so nice I don't hava nothing bad to say about the hote.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Marisolpalmerin

Thanks again for your recent stay with us. We appreciate all your positive feedback and I will definitely share this with all of our departments.

Thanks again!