“One of the best”

Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed 3 nights at this hotel on my return to Phoenix on holiday, as I had seen it on my previous trip and thought wow that looks a great place to stay, and it is.

The hotels is adjacent to University of Phoenix stadium and the Westgate Entertainment centre.

Check in was extremely smooth and my request for a high floor room fully met. It is a very large hotel and has a pool, spa ans fitness centre, although I never used them.

The room was excellent and couldn't be faulted, it had an in room safe which I like as it saves messing about with a safe deposit box at reception. Coffee was available and a large TV with plenty of digital channels. Soap, shampoo, lotion, conditioner, sewing kit and toothpaste all of a very good quality and restocked daily, in a addition a novel shoe shine pad which I found to be very good.

The members lounge is large and well stocked in the morning and evening, the young lady in the evenings, Dani I think was her name, kept everything tidy and always had a smile. There is even a small balcony which overlooks the stadium where you can sit and have breakfast.

The hotel has a large multi storey car park attached to it for guest parking barrier controlled, which on match days at the stadium is a real bonus as I would think the area gets extremely busy given the huge number of parking lots evident.

I drove down from the Flagstaff direction and got onto the 101 loop which was ok and the hotel was very easy to find as it has this big space ship looking stadium right next door, which can be seen from miles.

Although the Westgate has numeous restuarants I chose to eat in the hotel one night and the meal was excellent.

I found all the staff welcoming and helpful.

One day I drove down to Tucson which was easy enough, took about two hours.

I would most certainly return to this hotel and recommend it to anyone, you would need to go a long way to find better.

Room Tip: My room faced away from the stadium and overlooked the Westgate and its car parking lots, not a prob...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Pointscollector,

Thanks again for feedback on your stay with us. We hope that you come back and see us again real soon!

Safe Travels!

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

What an experience we had. Planned our first trip to Pheonix to watch the Seahawks game. Needed a place to stay and found this hotel.
Staff is so nice and friendly
Cannot say enough about the manager at the front desk Heather.
She helped get us rooms and saw her bright smiling face everyday. Thank you for making my our trip to your city enjoyable. We will most defiantly be back every year.
Great hotel friendly staff . Super clean and very relaxing

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Seattlefirefighter,

Thanks for your kind words on your stay here at our hotel. We hope that you come back soon to visit!

Safe Travels

Reviewed 17 October 2013

This is an absolutely fantastic property and my personal favorite renaissance property of all that I've stayed out. The staff is extremely attentive. The members lounge is fantastic. The suites are big and great for entertaining or just getting in some good work. The multiple pools help out a ton with the shifty weather and the on property fitness center is absolutely one of the best I've ever been too inside any hotel chain.

Room Tip: corner suites are fantastic!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Nate O

Thanks for your response on trip advisor about your stay. We are glad you had a great stay and were able to accomplish your work goals while still being able to utilize our amenities at the hotel. We hope that you will come back and stay with us soon!

Safe Travels!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel because it was the closest to the repair shop that was fixing my car during a cross-country trip. Everything was okay - typical Marriott hotel (I've stayed in many Marriotts over the years - Platinum Elite in their loyalty program). The biggest issue I have with this hotel is the location. Unless you are going to a Phoenix Coyotes hockey game, the fact that the hotel is adjacent to the rink and that it is the primary view from half of the rooms takes away from the hotel. Other than that, it was standard Marriott Renaissance brand.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a suite, and try to get a room facing somewhere other than the freeway or the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

GoldenViewer,

Thank you for taking the itme to write about our hotel. I'm sorry that you only had a chance to see the stadium and arena...we do also have a Tanger outlet mall just adjacent to the hotel as well as the Westgate Entertainment Center which has restaurants, bars and a movie theater as well. Next time you come through, please see our Navigator and they would be happy to point you in the direction of other activities as well.

As always....Safe Travels!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Just stayed here on a weekend night, and had not been here for several years. The hotel has a great location for the sports facilities nearby, as well as many bars and restaurants a short walking distance from the front of the hotel. The hotel is showing a few signs of wear but is still a nice quality hotel with comfortable rooms.

Marriott Gold Elite members who are used to getting club level benefits will be missing them at this hotel. A voucher for the breakfast buffet is provided, however. I have seen some great club level benefits at other Renaissance properties on weekends, but not at this location. The breakfast buffet was good, but not great. Next time I'll look to stay at a JW Marriott or other upscale property for these benefits.

The hotel charges $10/day for self parking in a garage, and $15/day for valet parking, so I went with valet. Since the location is in a huge shopping center, it is a bit strange to have to pay for parking in Glendale, Arizona. Perhaps this is due to the location near the major sports facilities.

The hotel was very empty during my stay, but if the property's management team worked a little harder on their overall offering, I suspect business would be stronger. Overall, this seems like a good property if you are in town for a sports event at the stadiums next door.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

IlliniRon,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay. I apologize about your disappointment with our concierge lounge closed on the weekends, but this is why we offer a full breakfast for our rewards guests which is actually more than what we offer in the lounge. I will definitely take your comments back to our Food and Beverage team to see if we can make changes for our Platinum guests.

Thanks for the feedback and safe travels!

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed 5 nights on business and had a corner suite. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The hotel is very clean and nice. Great location with plenary of restaurants and a movie theater within walking distance. The staff is friendly and hospitable. The concietge is nice too. I ate once at the restaurant, ordered room service for a Caesar salad with chicken. The chicken was good, but my lettuce was old and browning around the edges. This was quite disappointing at the time, but again, plenty of options near-by. Try the Yard House, great food...and fresh! My only other feedback is for their wi-fi; while the speeds were good at about 5-6 mbps, the connection requires constant login, which can get a bit aggravating over several days stay. Overall, a very nice hotel and true to Marriott brand. Will be back for sure!

• Stayed: September 2013
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

DC2011dc,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay. I have passed on your information about your food quality to our chef so he is made aware of the salad you had ordered. I do apologize for this, and it is not a part of our high standards we set for us at the hotel. We do hope that you will come back and visit us again and continue to give us feedback as it only makes us better! Thanks again!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Had not idea what to expect, so my expectations were not really in play. This hotel is just dynamite. The decor is top notch, brand new. If it is not new, they did a stellar job of preserving it. Ok, Outlet Shopping mall? Check. Entertainment complex with a fair array of restaurants and entertainment venues, including an arena. I loved the staff. All good, all the time. The breakfast buffet is the bomb. Only thing that I had an issue with the breakfast service, and I noticed other diners having the same issue, is the time it takes the staff to bring the coffee. Get that part right, stat. Breakfast customers want coffee to immediately follow their request for it. Now, the restaurant's position maybe that each pot is only made on request. Perfect answer. It's great coffee. Try, at least, to serve it a little sooner. A room service win was a Orecchiette pasta dish that slayed. (P.S. I didn't visit either the outlet mall or the entertainment complex. It was super to know they were there for travelers who have the time.)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

DLH-KKB

Thank you so much for your comments in regards to your stay with us. I will definitely talk with the restaurant manager in regards to your comments on service for breakfast. We appreciate that you take the time to comment on this as it only makes us improve our service levels!

We look forward to having you back at our hotel sometime soon! Safe Travels!