“Great value and packages too”

Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Spa package, location, and very nice rooms. Great way to see a game. Walk to the Coyotes, Cardinals... games. Very friendly bar staff. Spa is very friendly and many great packages. Reserve game day rooms early.

Room Tip: grab a suite
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian O
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Brian O,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Be sure to get your reservations in now for the Cardinals game!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Having a wonderful time hanging time by the pool! But its Mel the bartender that is rocking the day. Great smile, quick friendly service and the best mai tia ever!!! This is the place to spend your day! I'm local only a couple hours away but this is a great get away! Put your swim suit onand get to this party now!

• Stayed: May 2014

someone1959,

Thanks again for your comments in regards to your stay here at the Renaissance. We will definitely pass off your comments to Mel about her service at the pool and how much you enjoyed your Mai Tai's! We looking forward to seeing you again soon

Safe Travels

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Great looking property, and right next to Jobing.com Arena! The main bartender, Randy poured some excellent drinks, and had great suggestions! Highly recommend the Hotel! Rooms were clean and the staff was very courteous!

• Stayed: April 2014

DCA21,

Thanks again for your comments about your stay here at the hotel. We are glad that Randy was able to take care of you during your stay and we hope that you will come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have to start by clarifying that this review is specifically for the onsite staff and expriences with Renaissance Glendale Hotel & Spa, and not pertaining to my experiences with Marriott call center for reservations. Booked this hotel for our wedding night and for a place for the bridesmaids to get ready. For those who have done the big wedding, you can imagine how stressful it is and how many little things you forget. The staff was right there to help with everything. When the makeup artist arrived, she needed a tall chair... No worries, the front desk kidnapped one from the bar and brought it right up. As the guy was leaving, I needed ice, but I also had 4 girls and flower girl needing my attention. I asked the guy who brought the chair if he minded. He cheerfully abliged! Quickly he was back with a tub full of ice! I swear I called the front desk about 5 times that morning for matters like that and all were handled quickly and cheerfully. Before we left, I called the front desk to see when room service would be by since the bridesmaids and myself left a mess that I didn't want my husband to have to return to after the wedding. Even though they typically do room service at 9am, they rescheduled our room for a later clean up for a time after we all left the room but before my husband and I returned later that night. The maid left everything very nice for us (would not have known 6 females all got ready at the same time up there lol). Once we got to the venue, we realized we forgot a cooler with the bridesmaids snacks on the luggage cart! No worries again, the front desk located it and had it brought to my room for me. Which each new hiccup that morning, the staff was right there to help us through. What awesome service! And the best part was their cheerful and willing attitude! Not once did I feel bad about having to call them again for anything. Will be staying here again, next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsThude

Mrs. Thude,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a comment about your stay here at the Renaissance. We are very pleased we were able to accommodate all of your last minute needs during your stay and you had a great experience. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Had a great time here, Randy the bar tender was awesome, makes a great drink and took great care of me and my friends...Will for sure come back just to have Randy make my drinks again, the hotel was clean the rooms were nice the staff was nice, and the restaurant was good.....but we really had a good time at the pool bar with Randy

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Mrs.

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your service with Randy during your stay at the hotel. We will definitely pass this on to him and his boss to make sure he gets the recognition he deserves. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My cousin and I booked appointments at the spa at this hotel for spa week. We made the reservations over a month in advance. When they called the day before our appointments as a reminder, the appointments were incorrect. They were not able to fix them the way they should have been, but did manage to find something we could live with even thought it meant getting there much earlier than we wanted. On the day of the appointments, we were in the car driving there when they called and cancelled one of out appointments. They were not able to book anything else that day that would work for us and did not offer to have us come at another day for the same price or anything at all to try to appease us.
I would never even try to go back here - they are clearly not dependable, and they have a really bad attitude for a spa.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

ls04vd,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback for your latest visit at the spa. I do apologize for the challenges you had for your reservations and will follow up with our Spa Manager to investigate what happened. If you can please send me your contact information, I will be happy to have someone call you to rectify the situation.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed here for spring break so we could be near the shops, the restaurants/bars, and relatively close to Spring Training for the Royals. It is a very nice place with great rooms. We had a King suite which is awesomely huge!!! Loved having an area where knew of us could watch the morning news and read the paper while sipping on Starbucks Coffee (they make them from Starbucks stuff the same way Starbucks does, but no actual Starbucks there) while the other snoozed away. We had a medium sized jacuzzi tub that we did not use.

Pros: The staff was incredible. Heather form the front desk was one of the best "service" industry staff members I've ever encountered. She was midwest friendly, east coast sarcastic, west coast good looking and genuinely cared for the guest. Everyone else we ran into was cry friendly and helpful. The "wireless" internet is only in great lobby unless you pay in your room. Close to everything. Pool looked awesome, but we did not use it.

Cons: They got our room wrong,but fixed it for us (Heather again was incredible). The internet was slow. And REALLY!?!?!?!? We still pay for wireless internet in our rooms?? It's 2014! Lead the way Marriott... lead the way. Very EXPENSIVE hotel. VERY! The spa was a total and complete waste of money. The masseuse was like having someone who had no idea what they were doing rub elbows and stuff on you. Asked them to work on certain areas and they didn't. The spa is amazingly beautiful with great ambiance, but a complete worthless/expensive waste of money/time.

We would stay here again (if we could afford it).

Room Tip: Go for higher floor with corner King Suite.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Bealll95

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your stay. I will definitely share your response about Heather and the spa with our team here so they can address your compliments and concerns. We hope that you will come back and stay with us soon.