Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Big Lake, Minnesota
“Value Stay”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

The Holiday Inn Exprees & Suites is a tremendous value. The AAA rate was $50 less than most of the surrounding properties, Plenty to do around in the area. Entertainment, restaurants and some shopping across the street. This property is simple and functional, don't expect too many extras here. Room is comfortable, clean and well decorated. Equipped with flat screen TV. Bed was comfortable and the HVAC was quiet. There was an outdoor floodlight pointed near the room window that required the blackout shades to be drawn for a good nights sleep. Bathroom was also very clean. Above average towels and the usual HIE basic amenities. Pluses were the internet service, and added electrical boxes for business travelers. Staff was attentive and courteous. Breakfast was standard HI fare. Trademark Cinnamon Rolls, biscuits w/ sausage gravy, cereal, pancakes etc. If you are expecting luxurious accomodations, this is not your place. Looking for an affordable, comfortable, clean place to stay. You got it.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jonathan F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 December 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two weeks. The staff is wonderful! Oscar and Kristine went out of their way to accommodate us! There was a Staybridge Suites next door (also an IHG hotel). We were able to use their free laundry room and the shared pool/hot tub. There is a great firepit by the pool which we sat by most evenings. The hotel is literally across the street from Cabela's(great for lunch) and a new Tanger Outlet Mall. Walking distance to the Cardinal's Stadium. The native New Yorker is a block away and the food was wonderful!

• Stayed December 2012
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I work out of town a lot and stay in many different hotels throughout the southwest . At the moment, I am staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Glendale, AZ. I would like to thank the excellent staff! The front desk is always very helpful and friendly...even in late and early hours! The rooms are always very clean and on time. I will stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I stayed in the Glendale Holiday Inn for several nights a week for over 6 months while working on an out-of-town project. The staff was incredibly helpful, always friendly, and attended to every request. As long as my out-of-town work continues I will stay at the Glendale Holiday Inn! The rates are affordable and the rooms are spotless. I also spent many nights by the pool, hot tub, and fire pit/grill. I couldn't ask for a better place to stay!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
ventura, ca
Reviewed 5 November 2012

First, our room was very clean. I'm assuming that this hotel was recently redone because everything looked brand new. Holiday Inn Express is our go-to place to stay and this was one of the nicer ones. Breakfast is very typical--no surprises. Hotel was full our first night and we had noisy upstairs neighbors and people outside our room that woke us up. They reduced our rate for the second night to compensate.
The area around the hotel is great for walking as there are nice wide sidewalks and lots of water features but it also looks like the area has been hit hard by the economic downturn and many building are empty.

Room Tip: Some rooms have frigs and microwaves.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Ill keep this short and sweet. Myself and 2 others went down for a sports trip. Walking distance to the Cards and Coyotes stadiums and only 15 minutes from the Diamondbacks stadium.
The trip itself was great, pool fantastic and best of all was the hotel staff. It would not have been easy to deal with us however not once did we feel like we were not wanted.
While everyone was great, Oscar and Kristine deserve a special thank you from myself.

Travis Munroe

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Chino Hills, California
Reviewed 3 August 2012

These guys are great I was greeted by my first name when I walked in the door, I do not know how they did it but I was impressed. The room wwas super clean and everyone i ran into was very courteous and helpful. To top it off I forgot my computer mouse in the room and the Housekeeping Manager actually called me and mailed it back to me. I will not stay anywhere else in Phoenix from now on !

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business