Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Sherwood Park, Canada
“As expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights to attend a Coyotes hockey game and a Cardinals football game. We were allowed to checkin at 11:00am which was very convenient. The front desk staff had a large group a head of us but put them thru quickly and apologized for making us wait.The staff were fantastic. We were placed in a main floor room which we did not really want but it saved a lot of wait time at the elevator as the hotel was busy. The room itself was clean although there were a few nicks and marks on some of the walls that maybe should have been taken care of, but not a huge deal. They have a standard continental breakfast in the morning which was fine. The hotel is only a short 10 minute walk or less to Jobing arena to watch hockey or a few more minutes to get to the Unversity of Phoenix football stadium to watch the Cards play. This hotel is in a perfect location for the sports fan or even if shopping is your thing, Tangiers outlet mall is also very close by. I would stay here again if in this area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oscar U, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Glendale, AZ! I'm happy to hear my staff was able to check you in early and for the wonderful comments about them and the hotel. I apologize about the nicks and marks in the room. We will get this addressed with our guest room preventative maintenance program.

Thank you for the feedback!

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Management and Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Phila. PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Our football group which consists of 10 people choose this hotel as the rating was excellent and we could walk to the stadium and restaurants. The rooms were spacious and beds comfortable. An excellent feature was the several pillows on the bed were marked with soft, medium or hard for our comfort choice. The free wifi and a delicious hot complimentary breakfast is another feature that always makes our stay enjoyable. We did socialize around the pool area but didn't go in either the large pool or hot tub. The gentlemen we used at check in and out, at the front desk, was very pleasant, also. Some of the little things, I enjoy, when staying in a hotel is: an ironing board, full length mirror, shampoo and soap that smells good, a paper at the door in the morning and a soda and snack machine conveniently located . They have it all,,,,great job. One of our friends used room service and the food, from a local restaurant, was delivered to her hotel room and charged to her hotel bill which was also nice. The only thing I would suggest is to try to stay in a room with a pool view as it is nicer than looking at the parking lot.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool area
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Julie H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Glendale, Az. We are always happy to hear that our guest had an opportunity to enjoy the amenities that we offer at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you in the future. Once again thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Glendale, Az.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

We came to Glendale for my boyfriends birthday. And when we got there ( I believe her name was Cynthia) checked us in. On accident we were placed in the wrong room that was checked out to someone else. We were moved to the correct room and we were comped a nights stay. Then the next morning Cynthia(?) saw us eating breakfast and she asked us if we had a good night and if the room was good. I appreciate that she remembered us and made sure we were comfortable. The rooms were nice and it's within walking distance of Westgate if you don't mind walking in the heat.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Oscar U, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Glendale Arizona, we want thank you for staying with us. I want to apologize about giving you the wrong room. It makes me proud when a member of my team turns a negative into a positive. Cynthia is a true asset to our team and we are very fortunate to have her. Thanks again for the wonderful comments about the hotel and one of our finest team members. We hope to see you again soon.

Hummelstown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

You can't compare a Holiday Inn Express with a Ritz Carlton so my review is one star better since we compare apples with apples.

this hotel is clean and modern with comfortable rooms and and OK breakfast. It is conveniently located near the highway and, as it happens, in the same complex with the people we were visiting!

Breakfast is fine, especially the pancake machine! The hotel is near the football stadium so avoid it on game days unless of course you are attending. They run a shuttle to the stadium.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Julie H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that everything was at a convenience for you. Thank you for your feedback on our breakfast and we hope we will see you in the near future for any upcoming stays.
Thank you once again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express.
Brampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

This is a great hotel, front desk staff were very nice and accommodating, the rooms are very clean and equipped. The daily cleaning is very good, everything is left where you put it, the beds made properly and bathroom cleaned and toiletries restocked. I ordered food from a recommended restaurant that had a menu in our room, the food was terrible food and items missing, called the restaurant and was told they would send the missing items. By the time the items arrived such as cutlery the food was cold full or grease and disgusting, I sent the food back when they brought the missing items and requested for the food to be taken off my bill, the next day I checked with the front desk to ensure the amount was taken off the bill and it was not, when the manager over heard me explaining the situation to the front desk he immediately asked if he could be of some assistance, took my name, cell number and told me that he would contact the restaurant. Within a couple of hours I was called back and told that the entire amount was taken off my bill for the trouble and the restaurant wanted to offer us two complimentary main courses to be enjoyed at a later time. We were booked for the week at this location and we were pleased with the entire stay. Extremely professional staff, EXCELLENT breakfast and clean room and overall facility. Would highly recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: This hotel is in a fantastic area extremely close to a great outlet shopping centre, University Stad...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oscar U, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day you write about your stay with us. I value all feedback and I'm happy to hear you had a great experience. I also want to thank you for the wonderful comments on the cleanliness of the hotel, our Stay Smart breakfast, and the customer service you received at our hotel. On behalf of the entire team here at the Holiday Inn Express in Suites in Glendale, AZ, thank you for choosing to stay with us. See you next time.

Clifton, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

My husband, a group of friends, and I were all in town for a concert. Between all of us we had five rooms. I'm glad we booked early because the hotel was full! Rooms were clean, beds were comfy, pool was nice, and the best continental breakfast I've ever had at a hotel. Oh, and the shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soap being from Bath & Body Works was an added bonus for us girls. We will be back that way in October, and we're (hopefully the whole group) planning on staying there again.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oscar U, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review. I'm happy to hear your group had a great experience and that you enjoyed our ammenities, and our Stay Smart Breakfast. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Glendale, Arizona! We look forward to your next stay with us in October.

Oscar U
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

We came to Glendale Az in July, not primarily for leisure. My husband had work meetings in Glendale Arizona the week of my birthday. I came with him to relax and enjoy the desert sun. The rooms are very nicely appointed. The breakfast provided was as expected, with plenty of Celiac friendly (I'm a celiac) choices. The pool was "out of working order", so my husband spoke with the manager as I only came with him so I could enjoy the pool and sun. The person that actually made my vacation possible was Mallory. Mallory works at the front desk, the night shift. She went above and beyond her line of duty and called a nearby hotel, explained my situation and secured me a day pass to their pool. She is truly the definition of customer service. As a small business owner myself, I understand the true value of a representative that is willing to think outside of the box and to go the extra effort of making a situation for a guest possible. I will stay here again, mostly because I know if I needed anything Mallory would do her best to make it happen.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Michelle766
Oscar U, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Michelle,

First off Happy belated Birthday! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Glendale, Arizona. I am so sorry about the pool, my staff has been working hard to get our pool back in service. Compliments such as yours are not shared as frequently so I love to pass on wonderful information such as this! I appreciate the kind words about one of our finest team members Mallory! We are very lucky to have her on our team! She is fantastic and I will pass this along to her. I was especially excited to hear that Mallory was able to be secure you a day pass at one of the nearby hotels so you can enjoy the desert sun. My staff takes great pride in offering exceptional customer service and it makes me proud when they deliver a great experience. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Glendale! We look forward to your next visit.

Oscar