“Staff indifferent to guest problems”

SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale Sports & Entertainment District
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed for four nights for an intense business trip; each day, I was out of the hotel by 600am and didn't return until 900pm at the earliest. My room was clean and mostly quiet, but there was no hot water. I couldn't bring the shower to anything better than tepid.

The sink had the same issue; I couldn't get hot water.

This is apparently a problem for the hotel as a table tent on the toilet tank gave instructions to turn towards the warm side and "wait for the water to flow through the building". After waiting for five minutes, I still didn't have hot water.

Each day, when I left in the morning, there was nobody at the front desk. I was busy all day and couldn't call the hotel; when I returned at night there was either nobody at the desk or I had forgotten about the issue and didn't think of broaching it with the staff.

When I checked out my day had a more relaxed schedule. The clerk asked me if there was anything wrong with my stay, and I related my problems. She simply told me that I should've told them -- and, of course, I should have; but just didn't have a free moment. She didn't make any offer to adjust the bill or apologize, and wasn't at all interested in solving the problem.

I'm a Marriott Silver Rewards member and stay at the properties all the time, but the problems and attitude at this property cause me serious concern.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south are hotter from sunlight exposure. Rooms facing north are lit at night by parking...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MikeBlas
SHSRIGlendale, Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale Sports & Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback, we take this information very seriously. I assure you that once we were made aware of the problem with you room, it was attended to. I am however disappointed that you feel that nothing was resolved when you voiced your concerns upon check out. Please accept our sincere apologies, as it is always our goal for guest's to leave our property satisfied with their stay, and unfortunately, in this case we failed yours - and our own - expectations.

I will be in touch with you to discuss the matter in more detail. Thank you again for taking time to let us know how we are doing.

Jennifer Inman

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed here for a short time while on business and it suited my needs just fine. The area is great with a ton of restaurants, movies, etc just down the street. You could walk there if you wanted but it could be a just a little too hot for that 15min walk for some people. The hotel was clean and the bed very comfortable with great pillows. The Springhill Suites is known for the oversized rooms so of course I had a couch, desk in a separated area of the room. I liked the microwave and fridge in the room and the bathroom was nice and clean as well. The toilet and shower are separate from the bath sink and mirror so that would help families with multiple people in the room trying to get ready. I would definitely stay here again as it had a bunch of dining and entertainment options really close by. Lastly the breakfast had a very wide selection and was complimentary for a great start to my morning.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor quite a ways from the central elevator and the free wifi worked great no i...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
SHSRIGlendale, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale Sports & Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Jesse,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at our beautiful SpringHill Suites! We look forward to having you again.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Nice place, well kept. If your down for any sporting event this is a nice Hotel and within walking distance of the ball parks. Nice large room and good bed. Heated pool for the off season in Az. Nice breakfast included with the price of the room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rickey W
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We joined some relatives to go to AZ to see some spring training baseball games. We stayed at this hotel for 9 days and so we had a good opportunity to see what this hotel has to offer.

First, spring training hotel rates - for all hotels - are expensive.

We arrived in the evening and had a prompt check in. The first thing that impressed me was the fact that the room was quite large with a sitting area that was separate (although in the same room) as the bed. The room had two large TVs, a coffee maker, microwave, and small refrigerator. It was very comfortable and we had a good nights sleep.

The next morning we were to go to the AP to pick up some relatives. First, we had a nice breakfast that is included in the charge for the room. The breakfast area is well stocked and the personnel who work there are extremely pleasant and helpful.

We spoke to Mary, on the front desk, and asked about traffic conditions when we were leaving. Mary was helpful and also very pleasant. She also turned out to be a source for finding good restaurants in the area.

The hotel has an exercise room that contains treadmills, bikes, and various workout machines as well as some free weights (dumbbells).

The hotel shares its swimming pool with the sister hotel next door. The pool is heated. The pool area also contains a fire pit sitting area which is great for meeting other folks in the evening.

All in all, for me this is a wonderful hotel and we will return next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Got a large room at the end of the hall. Well appointed, clean and updated. Quiet. The place is well kept, clean and the fire pits, and resort/timeshare feel is a nice surprise. Mated with the Residence Inn next door makes it nice. The pool lacks a jacuzzi, but the waterfall was a nice surprise. Would not hesitate to stay again. Easy walk to Cabella's, Native and the mall and Glendale Stadium.

Room Tip: High up. Building is made of wood so it does creak and the footsteps overhead could be bothersome.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Johnny V
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here for two nights while going to a baseball tourney and Cardinals/Seahawks game. Perfect location. We thought we might be late for the game, so we took the hotel shuttle ($5 pp) to the game. No need for this unless you have a hard time walking more than two blocks. It is an easy, flat walk to the stadium. 10-15 minutes tops. The shuttle takes about 10 minutes total, through the traffic. We simply walked back to the hotel.
The hotel is clean and well kept. Didn't eat the breakfast, except for an apple. We ate at Cracker Barrel, also a quick walk (practically next door to the hotel). There is a new outlet mall between the hotel and stadium with all types of stores from Nike to Coach. The movie theaters are also between the hotel and the stadium. 5 minute walk. The only time this walk may be not so comfy is in the summer when the temperatures are 100+.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sundance1
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is an excellent place to stay! Very clean, quite area. Staff here seems to be very professional people? Breakfast was very good with a large selection to choose from! My wife and I have stayed here several times before and have always had a good experience! Highly recommend this Marriott property❗️

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JimLBurd
Travellers also viewed these Glendale hotels
Staybridge Suites Phoenix/Glendale
0 mi away
Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale Sports & Entertainment District
Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area

Been to SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale Sports & Entertainment District? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale Sports & Entertainment District

Address: 7370 N Zanjero Blvd, Glendale, AZ 85305-1112 (Formerly SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale)
Region: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Glendale
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Price Range: £88 - £247 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale Sports & Entertainment District 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale Sports & Entertainment District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Stuites Phoenix Glendale Hotel Glendale