“Where have they been all my life?”

SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale Sports & Entertainment District
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
“Where have they been all my life?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

If all SpringHill Suites are like this one, then I've got to put them on my radar. Loved that the room had a very separate seating/TV viewing area. Also great to have a microwave and frig in the room. Another great convenience is the well-stocked little section in the lobby where you can get beer, wine, food, and sundries. When I purchased wine the desk clerk asked me if I wanted a stemless wine glass, which was very appreciated. And, speaking of the desk clerk, her name was Quenetta and she was friendly, efficient and welcoming. We arrived in the middle of a severe rain and wind storm and had some cabinets we had purchased tied on top of our Expedition. We asked Quenetta if it would be okay to keep the car under the port cochere for the night. She was very concerned about the cabinets and told us that "of course" we could stay parked there. The location also has a lot going for it. In addition to the stadium, there is a mall with shops, restaurants and a movie theater near enough to walk. And the hotel is practically next door to a Cabela's sporting goods store, which is always fun to explore. Somehow I had never paid attention to this hotel brand before. And while I realize that they can't all be in such convenient locations, I'll certainly be on the lookout for them because of the comfort and convenience of the room and the gracious attitude of their staff. We booked through an app on our phone that finds rooms at the last minute and the price was fantastic.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
SHSRIGlendale, Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale Sports & Entertainment District, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Shelbymom, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful property! Thank you for sharing your experience. When your travels bring you back to the area, we would love to have you stay with us again!
Jennifer I.
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Eau Claire, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel is exceptionally placed in a great location in the greater Phoenix area.

You get a very large room with all of the amenities just like home. It is right near the busy and exciting Westgate open mall area that has plenty to do.

It is very easy to check in, ample parking, and easy to get to.

Breakfast and occasional themed dinners are offered to guests for events like sports, etc.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mercer Island, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed for four nights for an intense business trip; each day, I was out of the hotel by 600am and didn't return until 900pm at the earliest. My room was clean and mostly quiet, but there was no hot water. I couldn't bring the shower to anything better than tepid.

The sink had the same issue; I couldn't get hot water.

This is apparently a problem for the hotel as a table tent on the toilet tank gave instructions to turn towards the warm side and "wait for the water to flow through the building". After waiting for five minutes, I still didn't have hot water.

Each day, when I left in the morning, there was nobody at the front desk. I was busy all day and couldn't call the hotel; when I returned at night there was either nobody at the desk or I had forgotten about the issue and didn't think of broaching it with the staff.

When I checked out my day had a more relaxed schedule. The clerk asked me if there was anything wrong with my stay, and I related my problems. She simply told me that I should've told them -- and, of course, I should have; but just didn't have a free moment. She didn't make any offer to adjust the bill or apologize, and wasn't at all interested in solving the problem.

I'm a Marriott Silver Rewards member and stay at the properties all the time, but the problems and attitude at this property cause me serious concern.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south are hotter from sunlight exposure. Rooms facing north are lit at night by parking...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MikeBlas
SHSRIGlendale, Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale Sports & Entertainment District, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback, we take this information very seriously. I assure you that once we were made aware of the problem with you room, it was attended to. I am however disappointed that you feel that nothing was resolved when you voiced your concerns upon check out. Please accept our sincere apologies, as it is always our goal for guest's to leave our property satisfied with their stay, and unfortunately, in this case we failed yours - and our own - expectations.

I will be in touch with you to discuss the matter in more detail. Thank you again for taking time to let us know how we are doing.

Jennifer Inman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed here for a short time while on business and it suited my needs just fine. The area is great with a ton of restaurants, movies, etc just down the street. You could walk there if you wanted but it could be a just a little too hot for that 15min walk for some people. The hotel was clean and the bed very comfortable with great pillows. The Springhill Suites is known for the oversized rooms so of course I had a couch, desk in a separated area of the room. I liked the microwave and fridge in the room and the bathroom was nice and clean as well. The toilet and shower are separate from the bath sink and mirror so that would help families with multiple people in the room trying to get ready. I would definitely stay here again as it had a bunch of dining and entertainment options really close by. Lastly the breakfast had a very wide selection and was complimentary for a great start to my morning.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor quite a ways from the central elevator and the free wifi worked great no i...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SHSRIGlendale, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale Sports & Entertainment District, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Jesse,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at our beautiful SpringHill Suites! We look forward to having you again.
Henderson,nv
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Nice place, well kept. If your down for any sporting event this is a nice Hotel and within walking distance of the ball parks. Nice large room and good bed. Heated pool for the off season in Az. Nice breakfast included with the price of the room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rickey W
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We joined some relatives to go to AZ to see some spring training baseball games. We stayed at this hotel for 9 days and so we had a good opportunity to see what this hotel has to offer.

First, spring training hotel rates - for all hotels - are expensive.

We arrived in the evening and had a prompt check in. The first thing that impressed me was the fact that the room was quite large with a sitting area that was separate (although in the same room) as the bed. The room had two large TVs, a coffee maker, microwave, and small refrigerator. It was very comfortable and we had a good nights sleep.

The next morning we were to go to the AP to pick up some relatives. First, we had a nice breakfast that is included in the charge for the room. The breakfast area is well stocked and the personnel who work there are extremely pleasant and helpful.

We spoke to Mary, on the front desk, and asked about traffic conditions when we were leaving. Mary was helpful and also very pleasant. She also turned out to be a source for finding good restaurants in the area.

The hotel has an exercise room that contains treadmills, bikes, and various workout machines as well as some free weights (dumbbells).

The hotel shares its swimming pool with the sister hotel next door. The pool is heated. The pool area also contains a fire pit sitting area which is great for meeting other folks in the evening.

All in all, for me this is a wonderful hotel and we will return next year.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Rancho Cucamonga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Got a large room at the end of the hall. Well appointed, clean and updated. Quiet. The place is well kept, clean and the fire pits, and resort/timeshare feel is a nice surprise. Mated with the Residence Inn next door makes it nice. The pool lacks a jacuzzi, but the waterfall was a nice surprise. Would not hesitate to stay again. Easy walk to Cabella's, Native and the mall and Glendale Stadium.

Room Tip: High up. Building is made of wood so it does creak and the footsteps overhead could be bothersome.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo