“Sometimes, it's the team that makes the difference”

SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I travel all over the country and call myself a "Marriott Guy" because I prefer Marriott properties. After a while, they all look the same. But that is the point, isn't. Consistency? I always get what I expect from most Marriott hotels, clean rooms, great service and convenient locations to where I do my business.

Every now and then, I am blown away by people who are willing to go the extra mile. Such as the case with the team at SpringHill Phoenix/Glendale.

They will always be in my favorites.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Stayed here for a week for a business trip. The room was nice sized but the service was not that great when I was checking out. Was not able to get a receipt and was told it would be emailed. The receipt still never came a week later so I called, I was told I couldn't get my receipt except for via fax. I requested it be mailed via postal mail. I'm still waiting and I need it for my business expenses.
The pool is located in the back parking lot, so that wasn't very pleasant. It was fine for the week but I think for my next trip out I will go back to the one on the other side of town. Much more friendly and better value.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This was where we stayed for our first night of our holiday. We had just driven down from Las Vegas after getting off the plane so we were all tired. The room was not that big but it was clean and we had a kitchenette with a microwave and fridge and a small sitting area. The beds were ok. Foam matress which made it very hot to sleep - as the air conditioner did not work very well. It was very hot outside - about 90 degrees. What we did like about this hotel was that the Olive Garden was right across from the hotel and the value for the dinner we had was excellent. Also our main reason for going here was to see a Mariner's baseball game and the stadium was only a couple of blocks away. The complimentary breakfast was very good. They had eggs, bacon, sausages, waffles, cereals, yogurt etc.
We only stayed for the one night and it was ok. We left after the baseball game and headed to Flagstaff.

Room Tip: Make sure the air conditioner is in good working order.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This Springhill Suites is okay for a less than top of the line hotel. Location is central to everything in the area. It sits just in front of the Arrowhead Shopping Mall. The pool is not much to it as there is no shade what so ever, it's very small with a tiny hot tub you have to walk past in order to get to the pool. The rooms are respectable but the carpeting is in need of deep cleaning. The staff are very helpful and nice and the free breakfast is great for a quick bite and run. There is a small area for water, soda, chips and ice cream and you pay at the front desk. The hotel overall is clean and fairly quiet. Small draw back is the fact that the front drive canopy area is very sticky from sodas being spilled. A nice driveway washing would help. All in all we would probably stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The advantage of the first floor is that you don't have to wait for the SLOW elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Room wasn't clean - trash on the floor and the room had a foul odor. Mentioning this to the staff didn't seem to accomplish anything. Apparently this angered the management, because the next day we got a letter about throwing cigarette butts in the trash (I guess they want any smokers to just toss them on the ground instead?) Wouldn't have minded following this 'rule' had it been mentioned up front and not with a letter threatening me with a $250 fine.

I was a faithful Marriot rewards member, but this hotel is making me think I should avoid this brand in the future, though admittedly its likely just bad management.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Vatechguy
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We spent 4 nights at the SpringHill Suites visiting nearby family. We had a very enjoyable experience with clean, comfortable and very quiet rooms, although the hotel was quite busy every night. The staff also provided friendly and helpful service. This a great location with numerous restaurants and extensive shopping within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I have stayed here about 6 times but just getting around to writing a review. The fact that I have stayed here 6 times by myself on business and with my family on vacation should say something about the fact that I like this place. Here are the good things:

1) Location - Close to the sports complex, Arrowhead Towne Center and the 101 Loop on Bell Rd. This is in Glendale about at Peoria border on the Northwest end of the interior 101 so if you need to be on this side of town, it is a good bet.
2) Clean - Rooms are well kept and what you would expect from a Springhill Marriott
3) Nice Free Breakfast - They have fresh items and good quality as opposed to many "free breakfast" places that set it out at 6 AM and let it get old and cold. Pretty good coffee as well.
4) Friendly staff - Always welcomed with a smile and able to answer my questions related to local area and best routes to get places
5) Free WiFi and nice desk setup in rooms for business
6) Potential for adjoining rooms if you have family and kids but these are only available if handicapped accessible rooms are not already booked.
7) Quite - far enough from the 101 and bell to not hear road noise.

About the only knock, and it is minor, is that there is no bar or eating option beyond breakfast but there are several within walking distance and dozens if you want to drive less than 1 mile.

All in all, a solid call if you want all the above.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ColdCorona
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Thunderbird Executive Inn & Conference Center
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area
Comfort Inn & Suites At Talavi
Staybridge Suites Phoenix/Glendale
Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate

Been to SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria? Share your experiences!