“Springhill Suites, glendale, AZ”

SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
San Diego, California
“Springhill Suites, glendale, AZ”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

had a nice visit. Front Desk upgraded us to a bigger suite due to that I am a Marriott silver member. Front desk was very nice and helpful. maids were a little grumpy, wasn't to please to give us another shampoo or a extra towel.

The breakfast of good, not excellent. Only had 2 hot dishes. But, it was ok for a free breakfast.

But, overall was a nice hotel, parking very good and lots of restaurants around the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Calumet City, Illinois
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 4 days, very clean, has fridge and microwave in room, shopping, gas and, many restaurants in walking distances. The complimentary buffet breakfast was perfect because we didn't have to go elsewhere. Was able to print boarding passes in the front lobby free of charge. Everything was so easy access. One thing I didn't like, the elevator rugs were a little dirty which surprised me because everything else was very clean and up to date

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I travel all over the country and call myself a "Marriott Guy" because I prefer Marriott properties. After a while, they all look the same. But that is the point, isn't. Consistency? I always get what I expect from most Marriott hotels, clean rooms, great service and convenient locations to where I do my business.

Every now and then, I am blown away by people who are willing to go the extra mile. Such as the case with the team at SpringHill Phoenix/Glendale.

They will always be in my favorites.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Stayed here for a week for a business trip. The room was nice sized but the service was not that great when I was checking out. Was not able to get a receipt and was told it would be emailed. The receipt still never came a week later so I called, I was told I couldn't get my receipt except for via fax. I requested it be mailed via postal mail. I'm still waiting and I need it for my business expenses.
The pool is located in the back parking lot, so that wasn't very pleasant. It was fine for the week but I think for my next trip out I will go back to the one on the other side of town. Much more friendly and better value.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
pitt meadows
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This was where we stayed for our first night of our holiday. We had just driven down from Las Vegas after getting off the plane so we were all tired. The room was not that big but it was clean and we had a kitchenette with a microwave and fridge and a small sitting area. The beds were ok. Foam matress which made it very hot to sleep - as the air conditioner did not work very well. It was very hot outside - about 90 degrees. What we did like about this hotel was that the Olive Garden was right across from the hotel and the value for the dinner we had was excellent. Also our main reason for going here was to see a Mariner's baseball game and the stadium was only a couple of blocks away. The complimentary breakfast was very good. They had eggs, bacon, sausages, waffles, cereals, yogurt etc.
We only stayed for the one night and it was ok. We left after the baseball game and headed to Flagstaff.

Room Tip: Make sure the air conditioner is in good working order.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This Springhill Suites is okay for a less than top of the line hotel. Location is central to everything in the area. It sits just in front of the Arrowhead Shopping Mall. The pool is not much to it as there is no shade what so ever, it's very small with a tiny hot tub you have to walk past in order to get to the pool. The rooms are respectable but the carpeting is in need of deep cleaning. The staff are very helpful and nice and the free breakfast is great for a quick bite and run. There is a small area for water, soda, chips and ice cream and you pay at the front desk. The hotel overall is clean and fairly quiet. Small draw back is the fact that the front drive canopy area is very sticky from sodas being spilled. A nice driveway washing would help. All in all we would probably stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The advantage of the first floor is that you don't have to wait for the SLOW elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Room wasn't clean - trash on the floor and the room had a foul odor. Mentioning this to the staff didn't seem to accomplish anything. Apparently this angered the management, because the next day we got a letter about throwing cigarette butts in the trash (I guess they want any smokers to just toss them on the ground instead?) Wouldn't have minded following this 'rule' had it been mentioned up front and not with a letter threatening me with a $250 fine.

I was a faithful Marriot rewards member, but this hotel is making me think I should avoid this brand in the future, though admittedly its likely just bad management.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family