“Great choice in Glendale Area”

SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Las Vegas
“Great choice in Glendale Area”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times and keep coming back for a number of reasons. The hotel is well kept, comfortable beds and the staff is extremely helpful.
I was unable to get a reservation a couple of weeks ago due to MLB Spring Training being in full swing so I got a room at a nearby hotel. When this turned out to be a miserable situation I turned to the staff at the Marriott's front desk. They were very helpful in getting me accommodations and alleviating the stress that their competitor caused.
I'm looking forward to seeing the staff's friendly faces during my next stay in Glendale.

Room Tip: I haven't had a room that wasn't up to par.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Vidor, Texas
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay. Nice clean rooms. The rooms are big and spacious. The staff was courteous and helpful. I would highly recommend staying here. The area is very nice also with many restaurants and a mall close by. We stayed during AZ Bike Week. It was a half hour ride from the rally grounds in Scottsdale because we were leaving for California the next morning and wanted to be on the west side of Phoenix.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Nice enough hotel with average amenities. I appreciate that wireless internet access is provided free. However, when it is so slow that it prohibits access to websites and apps, this benefit is useless. And, explanations/excuses of "we're sold out" and "too many guests using it at the same time" doesn't makes the situation any better. Also, "you can come down to the lobby and use our computers" is not a solution.

• Stayed April 2014
Mina B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so sorry you ran into problems with the internet during your stay here with us. We understand the frustration as internet is very important for anyone traveling. I do not know when you experienced this problem, since your information did not come up. I am not aware of any internet interferences or disruptions. Using the Wi-Fi guest do need to log in as new users and at times more than once a day you are required to log in as a new user. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and want to thank you for giving us your feedback. We are also in the works of upgrading our internet access.
Stillwater, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Good, clean, large rooms, even passed my wife's cleanliness test, front counter commented that they were sorry about the high room cost due to spring training, but I did not feel that the rooms were overpriced for what was received. Would deffinately stay at again.

Room Tip: top floor rooms have 15 foot ceilings, nice
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 757200traveller
Mina B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thnk you so much for letting us know how your stay went and I am so glad we passed your wifes test! We hope to see you again when you are in the Glendale area.
Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed 9 March 2014

accomodations were fine but did not like the "pre-charge" for possible incidentals ..about 20 dollars per night.. my room charge totaled $495.00 for 2 nights but my credit card was charged $540 at check in... when I called after seeing the extra 45 dollars on my card. I was told about the pre-charge for possible incidentals. really? I don't want to be charged for incidentals until I incur them...This smells like a scam for Marriott to hold extra customer dollars for up to 6 business days.

This will give me pause before staying at a Marriott again...

Room Tip: this is in a very high traffic area with many retail outlets, restaurants,etc...so know what you are...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kevin L
Mina B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Hello Kevin,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We always look forward to guest’s reviews so we may use them as training tools for our staff to better everyone’s stay.
I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced with the credit card process at check in.
We do authorize extra money on everyone’s credit cards to cover incidentals that may or may not accrue. We do not charge in advance but, we do put a hold on the card. We have to put a hold on the card in advance to secure funds. Car rentals do the same they put holds, most hotels actually do put holds. As you mentioned it is a $20 hold per day.
We have a sign at the front desk informing guests that we do this so guest may be made aware.
If hotels did not put holds then we have no way of securing funds for the room charges and any incidentals that may accrue. I understand you feel that you don’t want a hold for incidentals that have not happened but, we have to treat all check in’s the same as we do have items of value in rooms, we have phones in rooms which guests can make long distance phone calls and a Market to purchase items.
We hope you understand and if you have any other questions please feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to answer any questions you have.
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The room was small for a Springhill facility and came with only 2 drawers in cabinet plus 10 or so hangers in a nook near the bathroom. Hardly enough storage space for a week's visit.

The breakfasts were unusually good with several choices. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly.

Room cleaning left much to be desired. Cleaning was rarely done before late afternoon or early evening. Dirty glasses were left even though new clean ones were provided.

It is a non-smoking hotel, which was fine with us. During our 5 night, 6 day stay, there was no problem for us or them. After checking out, with a bill for the anticipated amount, I was stunned to receive billing on my charge card for an additional $250 due to smoking in the room. There is no way that ever happened and even after many phone calls and emails, the hotel insisted on the charge.

This is a definite breach of trust on the part of Marriott staff at this hotel. I have as a result terminated my Marriott Rewards account, severed all ties with the chain in a relationship that goes back to 1978. Dishonesty should never be tolerated!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sparkie0491
Mina B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
As a Marriott property we stand firmly on our non-smoking policy as all our guests expect to come to a smoke free environment.
We do not wish to keep going back and forth with you, but you seem to keep dragging on this issue.
You are a smoker and even lied to Marriott saying you are not a smoker, I have all the emails where you even admitted to lying to get your point across.
When a room smells of cigarette and we have pictures of the ashes left behind due to smoking being done in the room, then you are definitely going to be charged the fee stated at the front desk and key packets.
Not once during your stay did you ever mention that you needed room service early, or that you felt the staff was cleaning your room too late. If a guest is in the room housekeeping usually waits till they depart for the day. Our staff does work all day until the evening and we do not guarantee anyone’s room to be cleaned by a certain time. Whenever guests request early service, we have no problem getting to the rooms within the time they wish.
We are very sad to see you leave Marriott we care to keep all our guests happy, but as far the charging you for smoking in the room we will stand by this policy.
AUSTIN
Reviewed 13 February 2014

A great rate, two-room suite with two TVs, free Internet, nice bathroom with separate tub/shower and toilet room, sitting area and desk with couch and TV separated from bedroom with its own TV. Big breakfast, fresh eggs, other hot items, waffles, ham, etc. Large clean exercise room, pool, all amenities you'd look for in a more expensive hotel. Nice staff, very accommodating. And a zillion cool restaurants very close by. This is my new favorite hotel in the Phoenix area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple