“Great Recommendation from a friend...”

Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
AZ
“Great Recommendation from a friend...”
Reviewed 20 March 2010

we stayed here after a friend recommended it. We were very pleased with the hotel exterior and interior. Hotel staff was friendly and we were given a great room. Nice comfy beds and good breakfast in the AM. Parking was efficient and there's even a Denny's next door... for a late night dinner. The hotel is close to the sports complex and took us minutes to get there.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kiara26

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Burnaby, BC
Reviewed 19 January 2010

Was staying in Tucson when I found a pair of hockey tickets on eBay for the Phoenix Coyotes / Buffalo Sabres hockey game. The wife and I didn't want to drive back to Tucson after the game so we went online looking for a reasonable priced hotel/motel close to the arena.

The Comfort Suites is located less than 2 miles from the Arizona Cardinals & University of Arizona football stadium and jobing.com hockey arena. The hotel provided a free shuttle to and from the game (apparently it provides the free shuttle within a 7 mile radius of the hotel). The shuttle was convenient AND saved us a $20 bill for parking near the arena.

The hotel staff were friendly and attentive to our needs - we needed to check in early as the hockey game started at 5 pm due to the US holiday (Martin Luther King day).

The hotel is only 2 years old and everything looks new and obviously well maintained. Our room was clean; bed comfortable and came with free wireless internet.The next morning the hotel served a more than decent breakfast (hot - french omlette and bacon - and cold breakfast selections) which was included in the room price. The hotel is also located about 2 blocks away from a WalMart super centre - something I always find convenient and cost effective when on the road.

The down side is that the hotel is located just off hwy 101 and our room (405) was on the highway side. Here's a tip - ask for a reservation on the non-highway side of the hotel. That being said - we didn't find traffic noise a problem.

Bottom line - we highly recommend the Comfort Suites on W Camelback Road in Glendale AZ as a clean, comfortable and reasonably priced hotel.

Peter and Iris
Burnaby, BC

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank canplate
Orange County, CA
Reviewed 18 January 2010

Clean, efficient and friendly. helped us with everything we needed and needed to know. Kids loved making the waffles -- and the pool!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Arizona
Reviewed 8 January 2010

This hotel was easy to find right off the 101 and Camelback in Phoenix. I LOVE THE SMELL OF A BRAND NEW HOTEL! The hotel has ALL SUITES with microwave and a refrigerator too. I was upgraded to a Parlor Suite. The 2 rooms were huge. I could work in the living area and my bed was so comfy. The breakfast the next morning was delicious and served in a beautiful room with fireplace and TV. I drove to Westgate just an exit from the hotel and had a so many choices of dining. The best thing is the staff acted as I was their first guest. They made me feel special. True hospitality is still alive at this hotel!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Los Angeles
Reviewed 22 December 2009

We booked this hotel using Motels.com after a search of "pet friendly" hotels in the Phoenix area. In booking thru Motels.com site, you basically "prepay" for your room, unlike booking a reservation directly with the hotel (usually at a higher cost) with the option to cancel for a full refund. Comfort Suites was listed as pet friendly, however, there was no box to check for pets, nor any mention of additional "pet fees". If there were, we would have had the option to cancel and look elsewhere or pay the required fee or deposit at the time of booking - which we have done many many times before booking with other hotels. Several days later, when checking in, we were handed a waiver sheet to sign which, among other things, had a provision that allowed the hotel to add an additional $25 per night for a pet fee - something that was not offered upon the original booking. I asked that they remove the fee because it was not part of the original booking, the room had already been fully prepaid, and we were unable to cancel (under the terms of the Motels.com contract) if we disagreed with this "added" fee. The counter person said he would get the manager to remove the fee. Upon checking out two days later, we were issued a revised statement which added back the "pet fee" of $25 per day. When I approached the front desk, I again asked to reverse the fee, but she informed me that "since I booked thru Motels.com, my issue is with them". I told her that 1) I have already fully paid for the room thru Motels.com and that it is the hotel itself that appears to be adding the fee after the fact; 2) even if the fee is being added by Motels.com, your hotel has a CONTRACT with Motels.com, and increasing the room rate after the contract had been signed and paid for is breach of contract. The counter person was very unapologetic about this obvious underhanded additional charge, and refused to either call the manager or reverse the charges. Upon that resistance, I informed her that "I would not leave counter until this issue was settled". At that time, 2 customers came in behind me to book a room. When she asked me to step aside to help the customers behind me, I said I would not. After that, the customers left, and she grudgingly reversed the charges - and of course I asked for a receipt - which listed a "Customer Appreciation" credit. This may be policy with the entire chain of Comfort Suites, and not specific to the hotel itself, however, it is very sneaky and underhanded.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DJD562
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 December 2009

We booked a room for one night to see a game at the nearby University of Phoenix Stadium. ... You can see the stadium from the hotel (about 1 mile away). The room we had was enormous. If it was more than us as a solo couple, it would have been perfect for entertaining a bunch of friends before taking the hotel shuttle to the game. 2 42" LG Flat Panal TV's. Bar with seating for 4. Stainless Steel refrigerator, microwave, full sink, cupboards, etc. Clean and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sidewebbing
La Crescenta, CA
Reviewed 30 June 2009

We stayed here one evening as we had tickets to a concert at a nearby arena. The staff was pleasant, the room clean and the free bottled water appreciated. With the full-sized fridge and kitchenette, this would be a good choice for people who are looking for an affordable place for a few days stay. The location is right off the freeway and is not in any way scenic, but it is close to the sports venues.

The only criticism I could offer is that the very large bedroom felt a little under-furnished, and the couch in the sitting area was hard as a rock. Also, there was no list to tell you what TV channels were available.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple