I booked this motel in May 2008 because it was one of the closest hotels where I was going to see Neil Diamond in concert. I booked a king size smoking room for one night. The amount total was $235.90. I called to confirm the reservation on Oct. 6th and 9th and my king size smoking was confirmed. However, upon arrival, I was told that there were no more smoking rooms. I explained that I booked in May and confirmed twice. The girl at the check in counter was confused. She asked the manager on duty and she made some clicks on the computer and I ended up in a handicap room suite with two beds. I guess being a smoker, one is considered handicap? The room was clean, however, there were no garbage bags in the trash cans, and no remote control for the TV. I called to inquire about the remote and was told that one would be sent up. After requesting again, the remote control did come, which was over 2 hours after checking in. I have stayed in hotels that provide coffee and a coffee pot, this room did have it, however, it was tasteless coffee and only one package, usually I've stayed in rooms that provide more than one package of coffee and more than 2 cups. The refridgerator was not working very well and was warm (yes, I did check the controls too), the microwave was not very clean either. In looking at what the hotel had to offer, my husband and I went to the "snack" area where it is open 24hrs....which is about the size of a small closet and you pay at a little window next to the front desk and have to wait until a front desk clerk can get to you. What they advertise in their room book is not what they have. We ordered pizza to the room, because the frozen pizza they had in their snack area--over $5 for a tiny 6"!! At least the bottled water was only $1 each, not bad. They advertised that they sold beer and wine in the snack area--this was a lie, the clerk said they hadn't gotten any yet. Well, don't advertise if you don't have it. As for the "continental breakfast"....a total joke. Normally Hampton Inns have a nice spread, however, this one was so lame. Something that was like a fried bread?..ewww, full of grease, I tried to bite into it and instantly stopped, it really was gross. There were no waffles or eggs as they proclaim. The orange juice tasted rancid and the english muffins were really bad as well as the cream cheese for the bagels. The sausage was tastless. Your safest bet is the boxed cereal, however, since the orange juice was rancid, I wasn't going to risk the milk for the cereal. The pastries they provided looked like they were a week old. For the amount of money spent on this one room, and for the area, a rip off. The walls are thin, so if you do stay, I suggest taking ear plugs because you never know what type of neighbors you may end up with. We ended up with some very loud women who kept talking all night. This hotel is close to the Westgate center, Jobing.com arena and the Phoenix stadium, however, do suggest to buy your goodies prior to staying at this hotel. What is provided at the Westgate center is overpriced and since it does get crowded, you are lucky if you are able to get into one of the many restaurants. There are no convience stores nearby. If you are staying there....hope you like overpaying for a room. A disappointment for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale/Westgate is located right next to the University of Phoenix Stadium (home of the Arizona Cardinals) and Gila River Arena (home of the Phoenix Coyotes and Arizona Sting) as its backdrop, Westgate features trendy restaurants and lounges as well as unique shops, concerts and sporting events. Our hotel in Glendale, AZ also puts you in reach of the Major League Baseball Spring Training grounds, Phoenix International Raceway, Luke Air Force Base and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate Hotel Glendale
- Hampton Inn And Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate
- Hampton Inn Glendale
- Glendale Hampton Inn