“A must!”

Guayo's on the Trail
Ranked #9 of 43 Restaurants in Globe
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 9 August 2014

If you are in the Globe-Miami area, this restaurant is great. The chips and salsa are excellent. I enjoy their green chile burrito enchalada style (red sauce). The portion is large. I have tried other menu items and have never been disappointed and we have been going to this restaurant since the mid 80's. This is definately a favorite for many and the restaurant is bigger than it looks and their service is quick. Sometimes it seems crowded and looks too busy when you walk in but don't let that scare you away. One might consider dining before or after the lunch or dinner hours. There is a parking lot for RV's and trailers so if you are traveling in a large rig you will be able to get in and out of their parking lot very easy. Sometimes my husband and I just need a "Guayo's Fix" so we drive to Globe (about 90 miles) and make a day of visiting local antique stores and dining at Guayo's. I also want to mention this is a local family restaurant that is generational and sometimes Eddie, the owner, will come out and visit. He is very friendly and loves to share stories.

1  Thank Nancy C

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I are from the "valley" and decided to go up to Globe to enjoy the scenery and grab lunch on the way home. It was our sons birthday and we really wanted something delicious to eat for his special day. We used Trip Advisor to search for good restaurants and we came across Guayo's with great reviews and ratings. We decided to try it! It was outstanding food and the service was pretty good. I am so glad we used Trip advisor and tried this incredible restaurant! :) We will be back!!!!!

2  Thank Nicole G
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Can get either red or white in 3 sizes- regular, large, or big. Every thing is good also. Wife usually gets green chili chicken enchiladas, she loves them. Shredded beef is used, not hamburger meat, in tacos and burros. Eddie Esparrza, the owner, is usually there. Nice fella. If you have a complaint, ask for him.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The chicken chimichanga (stuffed with roasted, shredded chicken and onion) and the chicken stuffed relleno are my personal favorites, and I love that they offer two kinds of salsa, one chunky and hot, and one sweet and savory.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I read about this place on TA and decided to give it a try. We were travelling along the Apache Trail. This was well worth the stop. The menu looked like any other mexican restaurant so I had my doubts when we first sat down. I was really wrong. The flavors were out of this world starting with the salsas (one spicy and one mild) to the main meal. I had the beef enchilada which had a really good mole sauce and the meat was very tender and flavorful. My wife had the cheese enchiladas and also agreed that the sauce was killer. Great place for a quick stop and authentic mexican flavors.