“A writer's paradise”

Ranked #2 of 6 Globe B&B and Inns
Tucson, Arizona
“A writer's paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I agree that everything about this place is CHARMING.
This bed and breakfast was totally amazing!
One of the most comfortable rooms I have ever stayed in.
I arrived later than the average guest and the innkeeper Libby was so accommodating and friendly. She made sure that I was warm enough before I went to sleep. The definition of a warm welcome. :)
This place was so darn cozy that I want to try and get my parents from Texas to take a little vacation here.
While I stayed solo, there was a couple in another room and a family of four down the hall. So many different types of travelers could be happy here.
I didn't just feel welcome and at home, I felt like Libby and her two relatives who also work at the B&B and who stopped by--genuinely cared about me and the other guests. They were all the perfect mixture of how social or hands off you wanted them to be. It's like they just KNEW when you had a question or needed some alone-time. :)
Walking distance to historic downtown. Just took me about 5-minutes to walk to the heart of Globe.
The breakfast was totally fabulous. My first morning it was a lavish multi-course meal that felt rather gourmet. My second morning, I had to leave way earlier than the average guest and Libby woke up earlier to make me a wonderful little farewell breakfast. So kind of her.
I love vintage clothing stores and there was an awesome antique mall right down the street.
It's clear that a lot of work is going in to making this a very special place. Not just clean, but immaculate. Not just cozy, but practically like taking a retreat. I actually went there to work on writing and it was perfect. And Globe is such a cute town to walk around taking pictures of and gathering creative inspiration. I had one night on the town and it was a hoot.
My room had so much style and character.
Highly recommended! I'll definitely go back. In fact, while I was there, some regular guests were there. This may be Globe's best kept secret. People love returning. :)

Room Tip: I'm actually not sure what side of the house I was on, but there were at least EIGHT other peopl...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

A warm welcome and a lovely comfortable room awaited my husband and me at this newly restored B&B. Holly and Rosemary have created an elegant, uncluttered, yet homelike atmosphere. The location is ideal, just a few moments walk away from Globe's historic downtown and the Cobre Valley Arts Center. We enjoyed drinking coffee and tea on the spacious balcony overlooking the town with expansive sky views. Breakfasts are delicious and healthy with generous servings of fresh fruit. I am on the same page with other reviewers who look forward to returning to this special inn again and again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WinC1
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

There were many things we loved about this place beginning with location just two blocks from downtown Globe with its Art Center, shops, eateries, coffee house and movie theater. Partial to old houses and historic buildings I enjoyed the setting on a quiet street of old houses with porches. As other reviews have mentioned the owners and manager have redone this place with the best of taste and creativity and have a gift of making one feel comfortable and at home. Breakfasts are delicious and I thought the elegant dining room and smaller but charming and light-filled breakfast room (breakfasts are lovely as are the bricked patios and balconies and sitting room with a fireplace. I plan to go again and again so I can stay in each of the lovely rooms named for minerals that come out of the hills around Globe. We are so grateful that this historic miner's hotel has been brought to life with so many beautiful details. Can't wait to be there again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank butterflyArizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Everything was great. From the time we arrived (greeted by Holly the very sweet calm natured coowner)
To settling into our room(the torquise room) everything was pleasant from the bed to the bathroom down to the coosh towels. Wine on the walk through terrace at sun down and walking distance to a 100 yr old bar. Coffee and homemade breakfast on the back garden style patio. Looking forward to our next visit. Maybe in fall or winter to enjoy one of the fire places.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank poesie72
Annapolis Royal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

If you're in Globe, Arizona, looking for a comfy place to stay, consider the Chrysocolla Inn! We loved it here. So quiet, beautiful rooms, lovely little patio for evenings or mornings. We really felt welcome to explore the place, get ice from the refrigerator, use the wine glasses, etc. All nice touches when you're away from home, looking to rejuvenate for the next day. Great breakfast too! The family did a first-class job of restoring this place.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank WAT51
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

The Chrysocolla Inn is the kind of place you hope you will find when you go
to a charming little town like Globe--only better. This old boarding house
has been restored to better-than-original condition by owner Rosemary
and her daughters Holly and Heidi. We were lucky enough to arrive
when Rosemary was there and got the grand tour.

They have outfitted the place with lovely antique, restored,
and period-style furniture, materials and fixtures, sparing no expense
where it counts - in the windows, bathroom fixtures, and the
mattresses. Their good taste and attention to detail have lent the place an
air of grandeur that it probably never had in its original incarnation.
Among the best of several welcoming public spaces is a cozy, sunny
breakfast room next to the kitchen. Speaking of which, Rosemary and
her daughters will serve you the kind of breakfast your mother would
have made if she cooked as well as they do.
The Chrysocolla Inn is a great place to stay for anyone traveling to
Globe - a perfect combination of charm, comfort, location, and
history. If you live within reasonable driving distance of Globe, and
you are thinking about a romantic getaway, it's worth
considering building your trip around a stay at the Chrysocolla Inn.
We have certainly found our new home away from home in Globe and can't
wait until our next visit.

Room Tip: We loved the Rose Quartz room - queen bed, the light, and the separate walk-in shower, as well as ol...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kirsty B
Apache Junction, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I was lucky enough to come here for my birthday with my girlfriends. What a wonderful weekend. The B&B is beautiful, clean, comfortable and charming. I would highly recommend it to anyone. It is great for a girls getaway or a romantic weekend with your honey! The service was impeccable and friendly. The breakfast was amazing and the beds were very comfortable.
Thanks Chrysocolla Inn and Rosemary, Holly and Heidi.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Amethyst Room which just happened to be my birthstone! It was beautiful and very co...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends