“Gave them another try”

Sal's Tuscan Gill
Ranked #43 of 137 Restaurants in Goodyear
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 28 April 2013

A few months ago, we ordered a pizza to go, which we had tried a few times prior. It was bad. I don't know who made it but highly doubt it was Sal. The crust was chewy and there weren't as many of the usual ingredients.
We recently tried Sal's again and it was good.
Sal should be making the pizzas.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

I tried Sal's because my goal is to find a brick oven pizza that tastes as good as Grimaldi's but is closer to home. Sal's was good and it just might be the closest I will find, but it was a little too greasy. I will probably go there again but I hope that the teenage girl (Alexis?) is not working my table. She was nice but it took her at least 5 minutes to come to our table. I would have been fine ordering and then taking a seat, but she said she would take us to a table and be the server. The only other customers there were being waited on by someone else, so I am not sure why she forgot to get us our drink order. Eventually I got up and did it myself (which is not a big deal except for the fact that she took the order!) By this point I stopped expecting any semblance of service and enjoyed my dinner.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Walk in and place your order from their menu of wood fired pizza ,pasta,sub sandwiches. They bring you the food. If you have a larger group they have a room and are very accomodating. Staff is super friendly,helpful and very courteous. The cheese ravioli was tender,good marinara. You do have your choice of pasta and sauces. Comes with salad which was a bit generic but fresh.
Sub sandwiches were freshly grilled, good crisp on the bread roll. Maybe should come with chips or a small coleslaw.
Served very generic in a basket or on a no frills plate.
They don't have a lot of decor, very generic pictures and wine hangings but good food. Good location near all the shopping.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Been going to Sal's for a couple of years - likely 5 or 6 times. The last time we were there in December it didn't seem as good as prior visits. The pizza tasted OK but wasn't fresh like I had in prior visits. There was so much oil or grease in the pizza, it nearly fell through the box ... and one of the pizza's had a burnt crust ... lets just call it black.

I will go back again next time I'm in town - give it another try. Hopefully this was a one-time incident and things will be back to normal.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

We have eaten in this restaurant several times and taken home pizza on other occasions. The pizza used to have the nice bread crust around the outside edges the way it should. Our last pizza was thin, flat and almost tasteless. Unless it changes we won't be back. I do have to mention the last couple of times we've been in there the owner is nowhere to be seen and that may be the problem. The food quality has gone downhill recently which is very disappointing. We thought this restaurant had promise.