Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Goodyear
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel 5 nights. The staff and room were terrific. No complimentary breakfast, but a frig and microwave in the room, and two supermarkets nearby. Bed was a little hard, but we slept well. Very quite and the curtains blocked out all light. Fitness center was clean and actually cool. Live music at their bar and grill one night. Front desk was manned every time we walked in the hotel and staff was always helpful. Ice cold water and coffee always available for free in the lobby. Conveniently located just off I-10.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tim O

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

As an employee of IHG I was entitled to receive a discounted rate at this hotel. I went to visit some friends in the area and my trip was ruined by the rude staff and poor room that I was given. On arrival I called the front desk straight away to express my disappointment that there was no bath in the room (I had been given a handicapped room). I also expressed my disgust at the state of the decor and mentioned the stains on the wall and wallpaper falling off. They said they would try to find another room to move me to the next day. I never heard from them on that matter.
I decided to extend my stay based on the fact that I had a very cheap rate and wanted to spend an extra day with my friends. I'm sure you can imagine my shock when I opened my invoice and saw they had charged me three times the price I was supposed to pay! I feel totally cheated and appalled by the behaviour of the staff at this hotel. Especially as an employee of IHG I have stayed at many Holiday Inns and this behaviour is something I have never seen before. They even accused me of lying about being an IHG employee!
I was later informed that there is a much better Holiday Inn Express in Phoenix very close to this Holiday Inn. I strongly advise that you stay at the Express and don't make the same mistake I did!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank aimsdeeee
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear aimsdeeee,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your stay. We regret the issues you encountered with our front desk staff and the room accommodation. As our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, we want you to know that the feedback we receive are taken seriously. I understand that your stay was unsatisfactory and I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I never get to stay in a hotel this nice! I had racked up IHG points through a Candlewood Suites and had enough to stay here free on my way home to FL. Just a $35 pet fee. The gentlemen at check in was just lovely. He even told me I was eligible for a free upgrade. I git a nice big suite and the dogs loved it! Awesome fitness room! Super clean! Wish I could stay this nice all the time :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jessica S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review! We always strive to make each guests' experience one they'll never forget and I'm thrilled to know we did just that. My staff will love hearing your feedback, so thank you for your business! We would be honored to have you come stay with us anytime.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

First, they did not have a free continental breakfast. The last two Holiday Inns I stayed in had these and I did not do the homework to find this out. For the price of the rooms, I assumed it was included. Huge disappointment, added the cost of breakfast to our trip (we went out each day); safe did not work in the room, took 2 days for someone to come look (and the first time they said they were to fix the coffee pot which I had not even used. Turns out safe was broken, they had no backup and this was the 6th or 7th one in the hotel, the repair guy said most people don't use them, so clearly there was not intent to solve the problem. On day on the room was not cleaned until 5 pm...this appeared to be a communication problem among the cleaning staff and, to their credit it was done promptly the rest of our trip. The staff was friendly, and the general area was clean. The fitness center was very good. For the price, I expected more than I got...will probably go back to Hampton and Embassy and stay away from Holiday Inns if they are all phasing out the free breakfast...that is a convenient feature.

Room Tip: Hotel is near I-10....but there was no noise unless you were at the south end of the building.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Jessica S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I do apologize for not providing a free breakfast buffet, this is because we are a full service hotel. We do provide room packages for a very small fee that will include fresh, cooked-to-order breakfast options in our restaurant. Please also allow me to apologize for not providing the level of service we strive for, we want you to enjoy a pleasant and comfortable experience with us and it seems that wasn't the case. I will discuss this with my team leaders and ensure the issue you stated are addressed. We hope you will choose to come back and try our facilities again. If I can further assist you in any way please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed here several weeks on business. The staff went out of their way to accommodate some of my requests. The assistant general manager, Peter, and his staff did an excellent job.

The room was very clean and had great furnishings. The business center was small but very efficient. The food at the bar was a very pleasant surprise and prices were fair. The only negative was the price of drinks at the bar, as they were very expensive. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Jessica S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Perkcraig,

Thank you for completing our survey regarding your recent visit. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time and effort to give us your input. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to impress you!

If there is anything else I can further assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me. We truly value your continued brand loyalty, and we surely hope to see you again in the future. Have a great day!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I've stayed at a lot of Holiday Inn Expresses over the last 5 years. I have found them to be usually fairly consistent. The carpets are old and stained, the paint is old and there is a musty smell about the place. The staff are very nice, but I wouldn't stay here again. I'm told by management that they are planning rennovations. Hope they do.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Brent S,

Thank you for your comments, in reading the details I believe you may be reviewing the wrong hotel. We are not an Express hotel, we are a full service Holiday Inn on Dysart Rd and I-10 in Goodyear AZ. There is a Holiday Inn Express one mile away that you may be referring to? Either way, I apologize for any negative experience you encountered. Please accept my sincere apologies and if in the area I invite you to try our hotel.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I found this hotel by driving around after abandoning the hotel at which I'd originally made a reservation (I wasn't happy with it after seeing it) and wasn't finding anything else with availability. So I basically stumbled on to this place. It's very clean, quiet, and the staff were very friendly and responsive to my requests. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The only thing I was caught off-guard about is that it's a Holiday Inn, not a Holiday Inn Express (there's one on the next highway exit) so the rate was a bit higher than I'd have liked, but it was definitely nicer in many respects than the cheaper places and I felt that while I paid more, I got more.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear JFawl,

Thank you for completing our survey regarding your recent visit. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time and effort to give us your input and thank you for giving us the opportunity to impress you! If there is anything else I can further assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me. Have a great day!

Jessica Sauceda

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodyear
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
#2 of 9 in Goodyear
Residence Inn Phoenix Goodyear
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Super 8 Goodyear/Phoenix Area

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area? Share your experiences!