“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Goodyear
San Diego, California
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed for 5 days over the holidays. The room was clean and in good condition. The breakfast fare was typical for a residence type inn and had a good selection of items to choose from. They also offered an evening buffet on weekdays, which we did not try.

We absolutely loved the desk staff, in particular Chelsey and Kate, who were very helpful, friendly and professional. We also loved the idea of "Nimo" the pet fish that you could take back to your room for sleep overs if you missed your pets. Nice touch!

The room was cleaned well and promptly each day. Our only actual complaint was that, as suggested, we re-hung our towels each day so we could reuse them but they were still replaced with new towels each morning. Likewise, they would run the dish washer with only 2-3 coffee cups or glasses in it.

Overall, we would recommend this Residence Inn as a "Good" place to stay and because of Chelsey and Kate we would move that rating up to "Very Good"

Room Tip: The rooms toward the back have less traffic noise
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KRANDCO

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
La Habra, California, United States
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

We just got back from a recent stay here. We were in room 105 a handicap room and it was TERRIBLE. The cabinets in the kitchen were barely hanging on there. The bathroom was not clean at all. There was long hairs in the shower and there were no females staying with us. The room wasn't vacuumed at all in our 3 night stay. Housekeeping was a REAL LETDOWN. We never got clean towels after our first night staying there. There were multiple areas with crumbs from the previous people so I'm pretty sure it wasn't vacuumed at all. BUT the breakfast was good. Management was ok. Would I stay here again? Never.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Paige F
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stayed at this property because I wanted to be near Goodyear AIrport. I have used Marriott Residence Inns before when I want a more apartment style stay where I can do my own breakfast, have a bit more space etc.

I found this property to be adequate for my needs. It is close to a number of strip malls and restaurants, and very close to the I10 to get you into Phoenix and Sky Harbour within 30 minutes. Also close to Goodyear AIrport so suited me fine in this respect.

Rooms were adequate with normal Residence Inn features.

Breakfast was adequate. Standard limited buffet fare. There is an evening food preparation on week days but I did not use this so cannot comment on quality/quantity.

Service from staff was good. In particular, Travis, who was very helpful and welcoming.

If you like the Residence Inn concept and need to be in Goodyear, this property will work for you.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The hotel is average it is clean and pet friendly. The staff is just OK. They have a few issues at this property. They have broken pictures with large pieces of glass that can easily fall out and injury someone.The pictures are poorly taped up and posted on the wall. They need to also evaluate their dog policy before an child is injured or guest is seriously injured.

This was my first stay at a Residence Inn and while the accommodations were Ok the service was poor. There was an incident that occurred where my four year little cousin was charged by a dog. The Pet owners AKA the family of ankle bracelet bandits threatened us and an altercation ensued. We called the police and filed an official police report as dogs are required by law to be on leashes in this state however their is a grey area. People will be ignorant and we did what we had to within the restraints of the law. However the property did nothing to ensure the child safety or ours.

It's OK for people to be dog lovers but can we be respectful that small children will be afraid of a big dog running fast towards them and no matter how friendly you believe your dog is others can and will perceive it as a threat. Is it to much to control your pets?
We were very upset that the Manager did not call and even check on us upon hearing that a major incident occurred on his property. The hotel staff wrote up an incident report and admitted she heard the pet owners threaten us. I guess asking for customer service or human decency when a child is involved was to much for the manager and district manager as it took over 4 days for them to reach out.

Our stay at the Hampton Inn which is located right next door was much better after we relocated. They have policy and guidelines for their pet's owners and simply way better customer service. I feel it is irresponsible of the management staff not to be concerned when an Incident occurs on their property police are called and a child was involved.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

Great place. Easy to get to anywhere in Phoenix. Great facilities, massive suites and really clean. Travis needs a special mention...it's good customer service that really counts and the service Travis gives is excellent. All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 4 May 2013

My kids and I stayed at this Residence Inn for over 56days due to a flood in our home. The entire staff was exceptionately accommodating. We felt as if we were staying with family the entire time..From the housekeeping staff to the people who cooked the great social hour meals and breakfast to the front office staff this hotel and its people get 10 Star rateing from this family. Haveing the breakfast and light dinners waiting was great as i had to still go to work while we were there and anytime i needed housekeeping they were right at the door promptly with anything we needed from towels to coffee to cleaning up. Close to the freeway and parking was easy. I would like to express my thanks to Travis at the front desk for makeing us feel like we were at home Everyday we came through the doors after a long day of work and school, Always a friendly smile , my kids loved him he took care of everything we needed . Jason the mgr and Jason the nightcrew thanks expecially at 2am when my 4yr old got sick and he came up fast with new sheets. Adrianna in the kitchen with a warm or cold breakfast always a smile like she was family..yogurt parfaits yumm:) and all the housekeeping staff professional always friendly ladies.. This is the best place to be in the Phoenix area..My cats both loved it there too:)

Room Tip: Near the elevator 2nd floor if you need to wash your clothes too its convenient. This hotel was alwa...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

We were here 5 nights. There is a lot of things within walking distance. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Having a very nice breakfast bar with many options was wonderful. The offering of evening meals on week days was a perfect fit for our stay. I would be happy to return sometime.

• Stayed April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodyear
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area
Comfort Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
#2 of 9 in Goodyear
TownePlace Suites Phoenix Goodyear
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale

Been to Residence Inn Phoenix Goodyear? Share your experiences!