“Best staff I've encountered”

Lexington Inn & Suites - Goodyear / West Phoenix
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Goodyear
GreenLeadersSilver level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Best staff I've encountered”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a lovely hotel, with nice rooms, a great pool and hands-down the best staff I've encountered anywhere. They're helpful and fast. The rooms are clean and spacious. The pool's a treat and breakfast featured a good variety of hot and cold items. This was a great value for us and if we're back in Phoenix, we'll check in there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hilary B, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites - Goodyear / West Phoenix, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am so pleased that my staff took such good care of you during your trip. We strive very hard to be number one in customer service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My family and I stayed her one night in April 2014. We were greeted cheerfully and checked in right away. We had two rooms fairly close to each other. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel is located in walking distance to shops center and good places to eat (definitely go to Raul & Theresa's Mexican food right next door). The morning breakfast was nothing special but good. The hotel itself is close to the I-10 freeway - but not close enough where you hear the freeway traffic. It's on busy Litchfield Road but again, we didn't hear any traffic noise. I'd recommend this hotel for stays on the west side of Phoenix.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hilary B, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites - Goodyear / West Phoenix, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you so much for your reveiw. I am happy we were able to accomadate both you and your party with rooms close to eachother. I also love Raul and Theresa's! They make the best fajita's! I hope you will give us another oppurtunity to serve you!
Mentone, California
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Every thing was as expected. Clean, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was also very good. We had room #128 on the ground floor which is an ADA bath with small tub and shower. It even had the small shower chair which all worked well. HOWEVER, there needs to be two handrails added in the tub area so one may pull himself up. With a lot of effort and help from my travel friend it all worked OK, and no one fell.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review! I am happy that the room suited you well. I am also pleased to let you know that this week we are installing addtional hand rails in room 128 in order to make the tub more accessible. I hope to see you again soon on your next trip through town.
STUDIO CITY
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is our second time staying at this hotel & is easily located just off the 10 freeway. The rooms are clean & beds comfortable. A continental breakfast is available. The staff is friendly & they do there best to make sure your stay is going well. There are several restaurants are located within walking distance of the hotel, along with a family owned movie theater & Target. The hotel is approximately 15 minutes from Jobing Arena & Camelback Ranch. Look forward to our stay next March 2015.

Cheryl A.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for visiting us again! It is wonderful that you found our hotel to be centrally located to your needs. Remember when dining in the area that many of the local hot spots offer discounts to our guests! We will see you again next year for Spring Training!
NASHVILLE
Reviewed 16 April 2014

It was a blast. The hotel was neat, clean and staff was perfect. The hotel is small but serves its purpose well. I would stay again. Whatever your desire, it is within walking distance or a short walk.

Room Tip: A very good location near shops and restaurants.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hilary B, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites - Goodyear / West Phoenix, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review! I am pleased that you were so fond of our hotel. It is true, we are located within a moments walk of many different shopping and dining opitions. I hope to see you again soon!
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here over the weekend to visit family. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We did notice after checking in that carpets were stained and were old but other then that they were clean. Our room was also clean and the bed was comfortable and surprising and so were the pillows. The room was quiet from outside noise and everything in the room was in working order. The hotel is located just off the Interstate 10 and right next to a Cracker Barrel restaurant, a movie theater was right behind the hotel, just to the north is a Target and there are several places to eat in the area, all within walking distance. Before booking here we compared prices from other hotels and found all were about the same price. We usually stay at another hotel when we visit but wanted to try something new so overall we were pleased with our stay at the hotel and would stay again. We were so busy I did not have time to check out the pool or spa so no opinion there.

Room Tip: rooms facing east have the bright sunlight in the morning and if you hate this ask for a room on the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hilary B, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites - Goodyear / West Phoenix, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel and giving us a try on your last trip through town. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we will see you again on your next trip through Goodyear, AZ.
California
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My family and I stayed here for two nights in a suite during spring training. We paid $250 a night. For that, I would expect a 4-star hotel or something close to it. But this is an average and rundown 2-star hotel that is definitely showing its age.

The carpeting throughout the building is dirty and stained. How and why a major chain like Holiday Inn would tolerate that is beyond me.

There is only one rickety elevator that is shared by both the hotel guests and the cleaning staff.

Our suite was spacious enough, but the couch in the living area does not convert into a bed -- meaning we had to get a roll away bed to put in the room -- making the room smaller.

Incredibly, there is only one light fixture in the bathroom and the on/off switch is poorly located.

Breakfast buffet is adequate at best. It is not "free" -- you pay for it in the room rate -- and the rates are so high I would expect more food choices.

The "gym" has 3 piece of equipment.

Air conditioning is noisy.

Convenient location near I-10, restaurants, movie theater and stores.

As others have said,, the hotel staff is first rate. Helpful, enthusiastic and friendly. I only wish the hotel itself only measured up to the quality of its employees.

I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Try the Hampton Inn or Marriott across the street. You may pay more, but you'd get your money...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hilary B, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites - Goodyear / West Phoenix, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
I am very sorry you were so disappointed in our hotel. I am sorry that you felt our rates were high, our busiest season in Phoenix begins in late January and ends mid April. This is due to the large amount of events in town, such as NASCAR Sprint Cup, Barrett Jackson Auto Auction, MLB Spring Training , The Waste Management Phoenix Open, Luke Air Force Base Air Show, and numerous other weekend events.

Yes, our hotel is an older facility, but we strive to maintain it daily. You will be pleased to know that all of the carpet will soon be replaced.

We do have one elevator, although I would never describe it as rickety. It is kept in good working order. The staff and the guests do use the same elevator, as is common in a property of this size.

Our parlor suites are spacious, I am sorry for the misunderstanding regarding the couch. We do not however advertise that we have pull out couches. I am glad that we were able to provide a roll away.

I am sorry for the poor lighting in the bathroom, this is something we will work to improve in our renovation later this year.

Our breakfast buffet is included with your rate. We offer a variety of items such as; western and cheese omelets, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, our famous cinnamon rolls as well as muffins, a selection of breads, including French toast, hard boiled eggs, yogurt and hot coffee, tea and juices, all according to brand standards. Very soon we will be offering turkey bacon, an oatmeal station and Greek yogurt.

Our fitness room does have three pieces of equipment including a bicycle, treadmill and weight machine.

I apologize that your air conditioner was noisy. I am not sure if you reported this to the front desk or not, but I will have our maintenance department check all of our Parlor Suites so ensure that is corrected.

I am glad that my staff was first rate. I truly am very sorry that you departed with suck a bad perception of my hotel. That is something we never want to have happen. As I said, we are changing the carpet out within the next two months, that will be followed up later in the year by a complete renovation of the entire property. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodyear
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
#2 of 9 in Goodyear
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
TownePlace Suites Phoenix Goodyear

Been to Lexington Inn & Suites - Goodyear / West Phoenix? Share your experiences!