“Thank you for your kindness” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Goodyear

Comfort Suites Goodyear
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Goodyear
AZ
“Thank you for your kindness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

I was traveling by car to CA and got a late start. It was during the heat wave. I did not want to be crossing deserts at 122 degrees. My car is a 2010 but I still didn't want to risk it. So spur of the moment, I called the hotel to see if they had a room. The woman who answered the phone was snappy (in a good way) and funny. They had one room available. I needed *very* early check in. I was traveling with dogs and we couldn't just hang out in the 110 weather outside.

When I arrived the guests leaving our room had only just checked out. The housekeeping staff was cleaning. 20 minutes was predicted. Well, 3 young baseball players had shared the room the night before. And it was a disaster. Many of the ball players were milling around the lobby waiting for some sort of transportation. These young men were rude. I was really astonished by the lack of manners. Of course, this is not about the hotel or the staff. But if any of the summer league associated people read this: please teach your players some basic rules of gentlemanly conduct. Offer your seat to a woman. Don't throw balls against the walls of the lobby. Don't just plop your bags all over the lobby. Don't put your feet up on the coffee table in the lobby. This is not your family room. This is a public place. You represent yourself, your family, your team and your sport poorly when you act like entitled little boys instead of respectful, humble young men.

So, the hotel... The front desk staff were great. They did everything they could to get our room ready. But it took 3 housekeeping staff over an hour to undo the mess left by the previous 3 guests. So the manager comped me part of the room, which covered the cost of the pet fee. I sincerely appreciate this a whole lot.

When we got to the room, it was clean and smelled great. You never would have known the disaster area it had been. (I sneaked down the hall and peeked). The TV didn't work, but I was honestly unwilling to call and ask for it to be fixed. I just used the internet instead. The door made a horrible horrible squeaky screaming sound when opened. I didn't take the time to complain about that either. We just wanted respite from heat, a place to sleep.

We got takeout from Chili's bc the hotel doesn't allow dogs left in rooms unattended even if they are secured in a travel kennel. I am finding that with most hotels that accept dogs. I am stuck in my room if I don't take my dogs out with me. Luckily my daughter is traveling with me and drives so we can alternate who goes out. I understand this restriction bc of lonely barking, whining dogs. But my dogs don't do that.

We left before dawn to beat the heat. When I went to look for a luggage cart, there were none. THe front desk guy went searching and there were none on any hallway on any floor. So someone had chosen to hoard it in their room. Well, 2 rooms had hoarded the 2 of them. I appreciated the night guy for taking the time to look.

I didn't have breakfast there. The breakfast area was huge and nice. The pool area looked nice.

The snacks available for sale at the front desk were varied and pretty comprehensive.

The best thing about this place is the staff. They really were on top of their game. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gotmywings6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Yucca Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

This Comfort Suites has beet out The Holiday Inn Express-Newport Beach (HIE's room smelled like old gym socks & the food was bad) hands down!
From the great staff, HOT breakfast to the very clean room.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank gregwlewis
Little Rock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

I've stayed in several hotels in the Goodyear and Glendale area in the past two years. This hotel was the best. It's new, clean, has a great staff and is conveniently located. It's about 2 miles from plenty of restaurants and shopping but far enough away to provide some peace and quiet.

Room Tip: The double queen bed room still had a partitioned area with a full couch. It has a microwave and f...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sleachlr
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Bought a room on priceline and ended up in tears at best western down the road....Worst purchase of my life. Called Comfort Suites and Darian the BEST hotel employee EVER got us in a suite with a $50 discount from online prices. He went above all expectations, I cannot thank him enough. The hotel is clean well cared for. The room is big enough for our family of 5, breakfast is complimentary and the standards kept here meet my expectations. Unlike the best western.....I am impressed and we will be returning. Thank you Darian! And Comfort Suites for making our stay comfortable and welcoming.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ariat167
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stay here every year for Spring Training in March due to the convenience of being close to Goodyear Ballpark and our hangout, Augie's (across the parking lot). Nice big rooms, allows dogs, good walking area. Staff is super-friendly, just a great hotel if you need to be near the ballpark. Typical American hotel breakfast, meh, but it's free. Price is a bit high but it's Arizona in March. I'm sure it's less in July. 8-) See ya next year!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TheHellers
chino,ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

Last minute trip to Arizona for spring training. Was looking for a hotel closer to ball fields, but none were available. Was pleasantly surprised to find the hotel exceeding our expectations. Close to restaurants. Staff was very hospitable.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank aavgbarron5
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed here 5 days in March 2013 while attending spring training (baseball). This hotel had it all: customer service, comfort and cleanliness of rooms and convenience (location). Two staff members in particular deserve honorable mention: Annie (Dir. of Sales) and Amanda (Front Desk). Top notch people. It is down the street from the Goodyear Ballpark and w/in 10-15 minutes to other ballparks that are in Glendale/Peoria area. Only downside we saw was the breakfast: food was good but they did not have that big of a selection; fruits were a minimum and did not seem that fresh. A suggestion on milk/juice products: use cartons so people w/special dietary needs may have a choice, i.e., nonfat, 1% and 2%. Evidentally this is dictated by the company and not the management for that particular property. Coffee was available 24/7 and was always HOT. The cookies that come out every afternoon were the best! Pool and gym were great and the pool water was like bath water!! For pet owners: allowed in first floor rooms only and charge a one-time $25 fee which is very reasonable. There is a huge lawn area next to hotel where pets would enjoy walking. Nice quiet area and walking distance to convenience stores, restaurants and banks. All and all a GREAT place to stay and we are planning to stay there again next March!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank trappersue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodyear
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area
Super 8 Goodyear/Phoenix Area
TownePlace Suites Phoenix Goodyear
Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale

Been to Comfort Suites Goodyear? Share your experiences!