“Very bad management , GM for Sure”

Comfort Suites Goodyear
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Goodyear
Wyoming
“Very bad management , GM for Sure”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I am a diamond elite and have spent a lot of time and money at this chain, YTD 245,000 points, I went to check in and there were kids running and screaming, slamming doors and I asked if there was security to deal with the issue, the GM stated that their was none and they would do what she could but added I should find a reservation elsewhere, meaning she had no plans on doing crap!
Gutless GM should find another job and or needs training on how to deal with children and their parents that can't Controll their brats. Sorry choice but you can thank her for loosing a valuable patron on your chain that from here forward is moving my commitment elsewhere.

Cheers.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay !.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Otto G
GMCSGoodyear, General Manager at Comfort Suites Goodyear, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
I would like to apologize for the misunderstanding during your check in process. My number one goal is to make all of the guests at this hotel happy. Due to the sports teams being in house we reserved you a room on the 3rd floor in order to accomplish this goal. I understand the importance of having a quiet work environment when traveling for business. Unfortunately, you indicated to the lady checking you in that this was still unsatisfactory for you. With the goal of making every guest happy and knowing that the teams will be in the hotel throughout weekend in mind, I suggested that another hotel maybe able to accommodate you better. This was in no way meant to upset you it was meant to satisfy your needs as a guest. Again I am sorry for the miscommunication and I hope that you give us the opportunity to accommodate you the next time you are in Goodyear, AZ.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Gallup, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My first time at this Hotel, I checked in late, Front desk lady was polite and helpful, very spacious room, I loved the bed, very very comfortable, I end up sleeping more hours than usual because of the bed, definitely I will go back again and I do recommend this property to everybody.
Mike Elayyan

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Goodyear, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed here for about a week after relocating from Australia. Hotel was extermely clean, staff was friendly. Ideal location near the highway, shopping, pub, and fast foods. The housekeeping service failed to completely remake our bed on two occasions; management gave us a discount for each day of the inconvenience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Comfort Suites Goodyear stayed at for Spring Training trip. Not in good or safe neighborhood. Not expected as normal fan of Comfort Suites. Goodyear Comfort Suites didn't feel safe and area was full of graffiti and drugs.

Room Tip: Stay at neighboring city for spring training. Comfort Suites did not feel safe and Goodyear has rac...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nardo726
auditaudit, General Manager at Comfort Suites Goodyear, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations regarding your feeling of safety. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

I would be interested in hearing more about your concerns of the area if you ever get a moment. Please feel free to call me if you would like to discuss this further.

Jessica Thomas
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was our fourth time staying here. And every year I complain about the high price of this hotel. But it is the closes to Goodyear Ballpark, where we hang out every Spring Training to watch the Reds and Indians. It's clean, convenient and they take dogs. There isn't much around the hotel, Augie's Bar & Grill is across the parking lot and we go there a lot (food is good, staff is friendly, great patio). But, for some reason this year, I wasn't as enamored with the Comfort Suites. We traveled a LOT in 2013 and what they are asking to stay there is ridiculous (price-gouging baseball fans to be honest). But the location is great for everyone involved so we'll probably suck it up again next year. Also, there is a new restaurant nearby, Austin's. Walk a couple parking lots over to get there.

One thing I will say is that in the past the staff was really friendly and outgoing. This year, not so much (management change?). Never got greeted in the morning or after our day was over. They just sat there on the phone or reading something. We have a dog and most hotel staff love to see her and pet her, they ignored her and pretty much all the people also.

Room Tip: Get the highest floor or you will hear people above you clomping around. Seems the floors are thinn...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
auditaudit, Manager at Comfort Suites Goodyear, responded to this review, 1 April 2014

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your feedback is very important to us and we will use this information to do everything possible going forward to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

We recently spent 6 nights here while going to spring training baseball. This is a newer property of the smaller Comfort variety located in the parking lot of a string of shopping areas, from Walmart to Safeway. It's handy to the ballpark or picking up sunscreen, but it's quite a distance from decent restaurants and entertainment areas. During spring training prices are high. The public areas and amenities are small - the pool is tiny, as is the exercise room, and the "business center" fits one person. There is barely room on the two-person breakfast tables for your coffee and a plate. Our room, of the "presidential suite" variety, was spacious. It had a windowless living room with a sink, counter, refrigerator and microwave at one end; a huge bathroom with separate shower and jetted tub; a bedroom; and a balcony with a table and two chairs overlooking the back parking lot and pool. The kitchen did not have a stove, cookware, dishes or utensils, which disappointed us as we had planned to eat in for some meals. The room generally was in good shape save for some sheets (sticking out of the fold-out sofa, mold in the shower that was cleaned on our last day and a tattered cover on the balcony door. The sheets and bedcovers looked newish. The room was generally quiet except for one night when I was awakened at 3:15 by incessant clanging and smashing metal behind the hotel that lasted for about 20 minutes and ended my sleep for the night. On the plus side, the included breakfast was better than some similar places and the week day breakfast room attendant was excellent (his weekend counterpart, no). The room generally was quiet except the night I was awakened for the day by loud clanging of metal at 3:15 for about 20-30 minutes. On the minus side, the WiFi was horrible, among the worst I have encountered. Housekeeping was just plain strange. Our bed was never made completely after arrival. When I put the spread on one morning, housekeeping took it back off. One day, bed pillows were left on the floor. We were given clean sheets only once but clean towels every day even though we hung them to reuse. All opened bars of soap disappeared and were replaced with new wrapped bars. The pool was crammed any time I thought about using it. One of the dryers does not work very well. If I could go 3.5 I would.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank JJTOH
ServiceAppreciator, General Manager at Comfort Suites Goodyear, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites Goodyear and thank you for choosing to stay with us. It is with your feedback we will continue to improve.

It is our goal to exceed each guest’s expectations. We apologize that we fell short of our goal with your stay. I have shared your comments with our team to prevent other less than perfect guest experiences. Our team has taken measures to provide a quiet sleeping atmosphere, consistent housekeeping and excellent WIFI. Thank you again for helping us improve.

We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast and the convenience to the Baseball Stadium. We value your business and hope to have an opportunity next year to provide you with a perfect stay!

Jessica Thomas
623-266-3609 Fax
gm.az246@choicehotels.com
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We were from Ohio and not familiar with this area and wanted to stay near the Goodyear
Ball Park. The reviews for this hotel were very good so we chose this one. We were very
impressed! The employees were very friendly and helpful, made sure everything was okay.
Rooms are clean and comfortable. Any problems were attended to promptly. Of course
since this is prime time because of Spring Training, the prices were elevated but lower
than other hotels farther from the ball park. The surrounding area is nice and quiet with
plenty of eating establishments and stores. A hot or cold breakfast is served with plenty
of choices. Coffee and tea is available 24/7. If you don't have any devices with you, a
business room with a computer and printer is available 24/7. All of this is included in
room rate!

Room Tip: The rooms on the south side have a very nice view of the mountains but some noise from delivery tru...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

We very much appreciate your feedback. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thank you again for sharing your experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodyear
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area
Super 8 Goodyear/Phoenix Area
TownePlace Suites Phoenix Goodyear
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale

Been to Comfort Suites Goodyear? Share your experiences!