“Room was fine, but...”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Green Valley
Petersburg PA
“Room was fine, but...”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Room was typical of what I would expect but check-in was not so good.

1) We were not told about the breakfast and I guess it is up to the guest to inquire and get the details? My husband went out at 6 am to Arizona Family Rest. AFter I got up and moving, I realized that there was a cook to order Breakfast in the restaurant downstairs. it was very good and it is too bad that my husband wasn't told. The waitress asked me whether a certain clerk had been on the day before and I said yes. Evidently this is not an isolated incident.
2) We were not told that the elevator was not working. After we wandered around outside, due to unclear directions, we finally found that it was not working and dragged stuff upstairs. Well my husband did since I have a cracked rib.

Other than that, it is very quiet and the room was OK. It would have been nice to have a refrig with a freezer compartment.

Room Tip: Just be sure you find out if the elevator is working!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This hotel looks more like a resort than a normal Best Western. The restaurant and Bar is fabulous. Rooms looks like they are completely renovated. Complimentary Breakfast at the restaurant was one of the best I have came across. Also the pool was gorgeous. Truly enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Arthur K, General Manager at Best Western Green Valley Inn, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thank you for the kind words. I will share your review with our team.so they may truly be proud of their efforts. Please feel free to contact me directly for any future needs.

Best Regards
California
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We stopped at the Best Western in Green Valley, AZ (07/18) on our way home from Phoenix. We did not have a reservation, as this was an unplanned short road trip after a last minute family event in Scottsdale.

The front desk staff was professional and accommodated our request for a king bed. Our card key malfunctioned, and a maintenance employee who saw us struggling with it took care of the problem immediately by escorting us to our room, taking the faulty cards, and returning promptly with new cards. The room was clean and had freezer-esque AC to counteract the 105 degree day.

We would stay here again if we passed through Green Valley.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot. the night we were there, a very loud child played wildly in...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank DagneyT
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We spent Memorial Day weekend at the BW Green Valley while attending the high school graduation in Sahuarita (Congratulations Erin!!!!!). We found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable. No compaints at all. Many previous reviews complained about the lack of an elevator. There was construction just starting off of the lobby. I asked about it and was told an elevator is being installed. I am sure this will be great news to those who plan a future trip. We had dinner in their restaurant one night. Very good fish with lots of fresh vegetables they got from the farmer's market earlier that day. The breakfast included with the stay was more than expected. I had french toast, 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, and coffee each day I was there. My wife had a similar meal, except with pancakes instead of the french toast. There were other options as well. I found no need to order anything else off of the menu.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank backyardponder
, General Manager at Best Western Green Valley Inn, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 520 625-2250 .

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We stayed one night at the Best Western - Green Valley Inn on our way south.
It was nice and they take pets!!
They have a fun little bar/resturant ..."The 19th hole" for dinner and a Wallgreens right across the street if you forgot anything.
Very friendly staff and the rooms were clean...but painted the worst color green I have ever seen!! Nice beds with lots of pillows too.
I'd stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scubalush2001
Grand Rapids
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I have stayed at this motel about 7 times in the past two years and have found the transition into a Best Western absolutely amazing. When my parents moved to GV about 30 years ago, the motel was a BW, but then went through many changes over the decades. It is now the best place to stay when in town, without doubt. Rooms are nice, the new beds are great. I only had breakfast in the new dining room, but the staff were very friendly. Front desk staff very nice and helpful. They even replaced the old non-working ice machines with excellent new ones. While I did not use the exercise room, I looked in and there were new and better variety of machines. Internet connection worked just fine. Thanks, folks.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are only about $10 more and well worth it.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank John H

Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed at the BW Green Valley Inn in April 2012 for one night and were very pleased with our stay. The hotel had recently undergone a complete renovation so everything was fresh and clean. The beds were extremely comfortable with pillowtop mattresses that were neither too firm nor too soft. The rooms were impeccably clean and nicely decorated. The shower had a nice adjustable showerhead and soft water. The place was also nice and quiet so we were able to get a good night's sleep. In the morning, guests may obtain a voucher at the front desk for a free breakfast in the hotel restaurant. There is a special guest menu available with complimentary breakfast items to choose from. We had scrambled eggs, bacon and toast, which was both delicious and satisfying. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Casino Del Sol Resort
Casino Del Sol Resort
#9 of 128 in Tucson
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson Airport

Been to Best Western Green Valley Inn? Share your experiences!