“service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Green Valley
Phoenix, Arizona
“service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

It was my first stay in comfort inn and I felt very excellence in this property.Really it's very nice hotel. The room was clean and updated everyday.The manager's(Patel) nature was also very nice. He always ask to guest for any help.The breakfast is good as well.One thing I liked very much is room service. I felt really comfortable in this comfort inn.

Room Tip: Every rooms are quite.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank david s
swickwar, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Green Valley, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
We thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Inn in Green Valley. It is nice to get compliments and relay them to our staff and let them know their hard work gets results. Have a wonderful day and come again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I'm a seasoned business traveler, but was in town visiting family during this stay. I have never been so rudely treated by someone in the hospitality industry in my life, while staying at this hotel. Outside of my treatment by this one individual, the rest of my stay was pleasant. The room was clean and updated, the folks who checked me in, the Patel's, were very nice, and the price was right.

I made the unfortunate mistake of walking into the breakfast area after breakfast was done and being put away. No problem. I walked around to see if there was anything still left out, because in all the hotels I've stayed at, where I've run into this situation, I'm still able to grab something if it hasn't been put away. And often times, staff will ask if there's anything they can get me. They certainly don't have to do that, I certainly don't expect it, and I usually don't accept the kind offer, but it's something that you do in the hospitality industry. It's a funny concept...going above and beyond to make your guests happy!

Well, the woman I ran into at this hotel (possibly Sheila?) certainly doesn't get that concept. She was plain out rude to me. I was floored! She was cleaning the breakfast area, and she appeared to be a manager or supervisor, and she was angry because I grabbed 2 yogurts from the refrigerator and asked her if there were any plastic spoons. Oh, she was upset! It's funny now that I'm typing it and reliving it in my mind for someone to get so kerfuffled over someone grabbing a yogurt for herself and her child!

She very curtly said, "Hrmph. Ma'am! I told you breakfast was over at 9:00. I'm trying to get everything cleaned up and I just put those yogurt in the refrigerator!" I told her that I was SO SORRY to have inconvenienced her and we squabbled back and forth wherein she kept reminding me that breakfast was closed at 9, and I kept reminding her that she was in the hospitality industry and I've never been treated so rudely.

This isn't about the fact that I couldn't get something after breakfast was closed. I'm upset because from the get-go, when I still had a smile on my face and was being courteous, her attitude was so agitated and argumentative from the get go. She addressed me as if I'd committed some major infraction and she made it VERY clear that I was, indeed, inconveniencing her.

Yes, it's safe to say that I will never stay at this hotel again based on my experience with this one employee. It's a shame that they keep such a live-wire employed there... or who knows, she could be one of the owners...which, frankly, is much more frightening. I simply can't imagine employing someone in the hospitality industry who is rude to guests. Unbelievable. Thankfully, there are other hotels to choose from in Green Valley.

Stayed March 2014
5 Thank 061077
swickwar, Owner at Comfort Inn Green Valley, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
I was aware that the Guest in Room 123 had a problem with breakfast being over at 9:00AM. Your complaint was dually noted in the shift comments. Signs are posted in your room and at the Front Desk of hours when breakfast is served. The employee you are talking about has specific instructions regarding kitchen policy and as I have investigated those policies were observed. Breakfast is over at 9:00 not 9:45. In checking further I found the employee offered you flat ware to go with the yogurt but you refused both. I am sorry you had problems with our policies. Please enjoy your day.

Ramesh Patel
Owner/GM

Travellers are raving about these Green Valley hotels

Hayden Lake, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I arrived at Comfort inn late at night. We were pleasantly surprised to find a very nice hotel. The room was comfortable clean spacious and the staff was extremely friendly.
The breakfast was good as well.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank tucumanargentina
swickwar, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Green Valley, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
We thank you for taking our surveys. The information you give helps us to strive harder to please you our guest,

S Wickwar
El Paso, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

The room I stayed in was quite spacious and well furnished with everything I needed during my stay.

My room had an unbelievably comfortable king bed with that great quilted sheet hotels are using as well as wonderfully over-sized pillows. I could actually read by the table lamps with ease. I usually have to pull over more lamps but the one did the trick.

The sink was a single and the vanity counter was spacious. There was a coffeemaker with coffee and tea, a hairdryer, Kleenex dispenser, complimentary shampoo and conditioner and two small soaps.

Across from the sink was an open closet with 8 wooden hangers. Below was a foldout stand for suitcases, an iron and an ironing board.

The room also had a good sized chest of drawers, a desk with a comfortable desk chair, a seductively comfortable armchair and ottoman next to a standing lamp. There was more lighting over the chest of drawers and over the desk, as well as lamps on the two nightstands. Although I did not use them, there was a microwave, a largish mini-fridge, and a flatscreen TV.

I did use the wireless Internet and it worked just fine. I noticed a computer terminal in the lobby for guests but did not use it.

My floor had a vending machines with reasonably priced munchies and a beverage machine. There are ice machines on each floor. My floor had a coin op washer and dryer, though I did not use them.

I quite enjoyed the breakfast; a very nice surprise for something billed as a "continental breakfast." There were several type of muffins and other baked goodies, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, several types of breads and English muffins, cooked egg patties, sausage (make your own breakfast muffin), three types of breakfast cereals, several juices, coffee, tea bags and a waffle maker (option of regular or blueberry).

There is also a small gated pool with jacuzzi and an exercise room with a treadmill, elliptical machine and some type of fancy bicycle machine. They basically take up the room but there is a TV and a water dispenser, too. I did not use the pool or the exercise room.

Although the hotel is off the freeway I did not hear any traffic noise. The man next door was a VERY loud sneezer but I never heard a TV or conversation even though I had folks on either side of me.

When I was there most of the other customers were over 50 years old and peaceful neighbors. There were some people with young children - it's not a senior citizen only hotel, but Green Valley is a retirement community and popular location for the older crowd.

The hotel is very close to a family restaurant which has a lounge and just across the street from a bank with a banking machine. Both are within walking distance. You are essentially in downtown Green Valley and close to whatever you need. The location is not romantic but it sure is convenient and well priced for the area.

The hotel was very clean (and as you can tell from this lengthy review I am a bit OCD) and the staff quite friendly and helpful.

I stayed here 3 nights in March in Room 231. The room was $71/night before taxes with the senior discount. It's not designed to be a snazzy, expensive 5 star hotel where you pay an extra $200/night to have someone playing piano in the lobby, so I'm giving it 4 stars. It's an excellent value for the price and I will definitely stay here the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ElPasoBirder
Thank you for taking our survey, your comments help us to serve you better.

S Wickwar
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

From the first we knew this would not be good. Check in entailed listening to the manager and probably his wife chat away in their native language. When the manager did speak English he was very very hard to understand. We had noticed an odd odor when we walked into the lobby also. The elevator floor was very stained and dirty. Our room was quite nice with a couch and a coffee table and the toilet separate from the rest of the bathroom. The bedspread was pretty and looked clean. We unpacked and went to visit our relatives. When we got back at 10:30 pm we got ready for bed. Then the phone rang. It was the manager, Ramesh Patel, speaking very rapidly. After listening closely we finally heard the word ''move'' several times. So, we got dressed and packed up and moved two doors down. To a much inferior room. I am so sorry we did not try the Holiday Inn in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mary J
swickwar, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Green Valley, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Once again I apologize for your poor treatment by our staff. Your comments brought this to my attention so it will not happen again. Thank you so much for your survey and your comments.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this motel for four nights and five days with my family. I am really glad that we picked this motel to stay. It is not only very quite and best located but, the best service, very clean and very friendly staff. The breakfast was more than enough and manager is the most hard working person I have ever seen. He was very friendly to my kids and I am satisfied with all services.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jay F
swickwar, General Manager at Comfort Inn Green Valley, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
We thank you for the compliment to our hotel. Guest Satisfaction and comments are important to us in making your stay better. Thank you for visiting with us and be sure to come again.
Sharon
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

we stayed for five nights. room was clean. very quiet place and more privacy. Staff was excellent. breakfast was the best and more than you need. First time I visited Arizona and whenever I will visit Arizona, I am definitely going to come this place.

Room Tip: doesn't matter wherever you stay, all rooms are very neat and clean and quitter. same service an...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
#4 of 5 in Green Valley
Desert Diamond Casino Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport

Been to Comfort Inn Green Valley? Share your experiences!