“Eat like a Greek!”

Dining options: Reservations
Green Valley, Arizona
“Eat like a Greek!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

There is no substitute for great Mediterranean flavors! Jen and Nick Paulos have by far, the best variety of all time favorites in the area. The place is small (seats 22) reservations recommended!
Tapas hour is the perfect time to beat the crowds!

• Visited February 2014

minnesota
“Pricey sandwiches”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Excellent service! We bought two sandwiches and they were delicious. Really nice staff and an attractive space.
I wondered why there was only one car parked out front when we arrived, and now I see that the price is the reason. There is another coffee shop near by that sells sandwiches and it was packed. I don't know what the prices are, but I am assuming it may be lower.

I would certainly go here again, but the cafe would have more business if the prices were lowered a bit.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank starlight23
Tucson
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband and I spent a delightful evening at The Olives Bistro one recent Saturday. It truly was an experience we will remember for years to come. So many elements influence one’s dining experiences. Delicious food and prompt, attentive service of course are important, and we found those in abundance at The Olives. In addition owners Jen and Nick Paulos and manager Matthew Daffron went out of their way to make us feel as though we were much more than just customers -- we were treated like friends welcomed into their ‘family.’

We arrived early and sat at their small bar, thinking we would just order wine and perhaps an appetizer. But after chatting happily with Jen and Matthew about their wine and menu selections and learning about the extensive family history in the restaurant business, we felt we had to stay on for dinner too.

Though my husband is not much of a spinach fan, he really dug into the Spanakopita, one of the house specialties, while I enjoyed the very garlicky Greek spaghetti. Both came with fresh, tasty salads. The prices for both food and wine we thought were very reasonable. And the servings were certainly enough to fill us up – just wish we’d had room for dessert.

We certainly look forward to visiting again soon.

• Visited January 2014
Green Valley
“Not Bad”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The Olives is a very friendly, attractive and comfortable place. I've eaten there twice. The sandwiches are tasty, but overpriced. The side dishes that accompany them are unusual. A small bowl of canned mandarin oranges instead of fresh fruit?? Pasta salad that lacks a good amount of vegetables?? Chips?? I think they could do much better for the prices they're charging... AND if you're going to name a place "The Olives," I would expect a complimentary small bowl of good olives on every table!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank VeronicaSW
Tucson
“A 'so-so' Restaurant Experience”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The good news: the food is tasty

The bad news: too small, so too crowded & I was forced to eat @the bar
Too expensive for what is served: no side is served w/their sandwiches except a couple of unripe strawberries - svce is decent

Would I return: I doubt it!

• Visited April 2013