“Return Engagement”

Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Greer
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stopped in here for lunch a couple of years ago, knowing nothing about the place, enjoyed it so much that I went back for more the next day. Later I read the earlier reviews on this site, which overall did not accord with my extremely pleasant experience. Well, on 8-15-14, during my latest adventure into the Greer area, having just hiked down from the top of Sunrise Peak in a raging thunderstorm and eager for a quick hot meal, I decided to check it out again. Once again, I’m glad I did. I ordered the patty melt (which I fondly remembered) and the vegetable beef soup, served with a huge jar of tea. The sandwich was scrumptious, the soup the epitome of home-made. I could have made a meal out of the soup alone. Being very hungry, I allowed myself to be talked into dessert, apple cobbler with two scoops of ice cream. I ended up stuffed and thoroughly satisfied. Looking forward to future White Mountain rambles, this restaurant remains high on my list.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed in Greer for a long weekend and enjoyed many really good meals, but would be at the bottom of the list. It is a cheery spot and the breakfast was not bad, simply not special and too limited. The breakfast menu is basic, just eggs, meats, french toast and waffles. Not even your usual free continental breakfast at a hotel--no yogurt, cereal, or muffin, for example. There may have been fruit as a side, but I don't even recall that. The service was good; well, we were the only ones there first thing in the morning. Nice decor and clean. There was a bar area with a beautiful fireplace and suppose you could sit on a stool and have a beer with a sandwich at lunch but don't know if this a night-time bar.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

It was clean and if you like to look at stuffed animals then you'll LOVE this place. the decor was fun. The food was ok at best and the service was very slow. Nothing too too terrible. we ate there for breakfast.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I have been here 7 or 8 times. Great spot. Dress warm for morning departures. Cabins are clean and roomy. Dining is simple but consistently good.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

Went there for breakfast, got there just before they were switching to the lunch menu. Food was OK, nothing special. Standard breakfast menu. We did order a biscuit and gravy, Biscuit was dry and hard as a rock. Other than that...just OK.