“Go for the cobbler, stay for the dinner first.”
Review of Rendezvous Diner

Rendezvous Diner
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Greer
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I've eaten at this little spot almost every time I get to Greer, for the last 10 years. It's always busy but not open Monday's. Some of the comments here stated that the wait staff is inattentive at best and sometimes rude. While I've never run into that, I will say that the owner does wait tables, ring orders, and sometime works in back. She's busy and maybe doesn't have a lot time for chit chat. She is well informed and knows her community, and they know her. The locals eat here and return often. When one sees that, they can recognize an unwritten review.
The ambience is fun and full of old timey things our busy world has forgotten about. I loved the old colored bottles sitting in the sun reflecting their colors. The Restroom is a 'uni' and very compact, but it is clean and fully stocked.
I ordered a mushroom burger as it sounded good. It was cooked to order and tasted as good as it sounded. Substitutions for the fries it came with (onion rings, and etc.) are available at extra cost. I had to save room for the cobbler (blackberry or peach with or without ice cream), which is worth stopping for even if one does not order anything else.
Much of the food served is homemade.
There is a wonderful outside eating patio with umbrella tables, but it was too windy out there for me this day. The diner sits across the road from the Little Colorado River as it winds through Greer. Even after the Wallow fire, the scenery is still breath-taking out there.
I'm sure to go back; it's a tradition for me whenever I get to Greer. Please go and evaluate this place for yourself and see why so many folks return time and time again.
Modestly priced when one considers that Greer itself is out of the way and everything is trucked in a ways.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We stopped in for lunch and had their Friday fish fry special. Large portions with a delicious cabbage salad/slaw and interesting and tasty fried green string beans. That sounds weird but they were very good. Service was friendly and efficient. Only complaint? They charged for a miniscule container of salad dressing/dip for the beans. Setting next to the Little Colorado River is perfect.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We've past this place before and it always looks busy, so we decided to try it. Service was friendly, but not too attentive. It took me quite a while to catch someones attention for more coffee. Breakfast was a disappointment. Wifes omlet came out without an ingredient and she only got one piece of toast. My breakfast of biscuit and gravy with an egg over easy and bacon was a disaster. The biscuit was a chunk of what looked like corn bread, the egg was overdone and the bacon was charred. Breakfast is usually a no brainer in most places, but here they are challenged it seems.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

The food was not that bad only had a brownie and ice cream which was ok, not as famous as I had heard. I was pretty shocked at the wait staff which was not rude but very dismissive and they seemed like they had better things to do other than serve me and my family. I do not think I would ever go here again and I would discourage others from going. when I go to a restaurant I am expecting to be treated like I am important and my opinion matters this place was far from what I would expect from going to any restaurant. A restaurant that has good not great food but an amazing wait staff, I would be willing to return and give a second chance this place I would not as they do not care about your opinion and I can prove it, if you make any type of complaint to either the manager or the owner they will flat out either tell you or treat you like you are no longer welcome at their establishment, This place cannot accept constructive criticism and I believe because of that reason they will not likely change. The outside of this, dare I say restaurant, had a good view. the down side was the restaurant did not match the scenery, the inside was dirty and smelled bad, in addition the inside was very hot and stuffy. in short if there is a Denny's close by I would suggest going there instead. There is a very good prime rib place up the road that has excellent service and great food.

3  Thank chris d
Reviewed 2 September 2013

took my family there.. to start it said no pets.. next table next to me they were allowing a dog at the table.. we came for a visit for there desserts. 3 children 3 adults.. we ordered 4 desserts, two very young children shared.. (under 5 years) and one adult ordered black coffee only.. we never got the coffee.. the server never came back to the table.. we had to call over to get someone to give us the check, the desserts were average.. and they tacked on a 5 dollar and some odd cent tip which was over the 15 % when asked they said because we had 6 people.. when we brought it to there attention that one of the 6 was not even servied.. and we did not get service.. and didnt feel we should have to pay the tip.. they refused.. before I wrote this review I called the manager Pauline.. as I did not want to write a negative review.. if she would of said.. any kind words.. Im sorry etc.. but she did not.. and stated we should of found someone to get us the coffee.. I was shocked.. will not go back there or bring my family back there again..

2  Thank marie b

Been to Rendezvous Diner? Share your experiences!