“Charm, taste, and hospitality”
Review of Rendezvous Diner

Rendezvous Diner
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Greer
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is the perfect funky, quirky diner for a Greer vacation. We stopped in for breakfast on our way out of town and wished we had eaten there every day of our trip! The interior is as ecclectic as the exterior and the staff were incredibly welcoming. Breakfast was delicious - eggs and breakfast potatoes were well done. My side of salsa tasted fresh and homemade. My boyfriend ordered chicken fried steak smothered in gravy and commented that it tasted great and freshly made. Happily surprised with our entire experience (including the Trivial Pursuit cards stashed at our table which made our wait fly by). I only wish we had come another day for their pumpkin ice cream!

There are newer reviews for Rendezvous Diner

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I LOVED The Redezvous!! The people there are great and down to earth, a much over used expression but it truely describes the people there. I went in with now pretentions, was treated as I would liked to be. The food was great and Cliff knew after 2 meals what I wanted for breaky, the special with that fabulous red sauce... yummo!!!! Felt welcomed the moment I arrived, not like some of those restuarants in the valley where you seem to be a hinderance to the wait staff's gossip sessions. Definitely recommend this place, can't wait to go back!!!!!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We have spent 40 years in the White Mountains, and the Rendezvous has always been a required stop for us...until this last visit. Our food was good, including the cobbler. The decor is even cuter with each visit. But their service is a victim of Rendezvous's success. Like another reviewer, I considered contacting the owner or server involved to share personally. But their behavior and comments that day clearly were in line with their responses to others posting here. Given the Greer location and the generally positive experiences of local and out-of-town patrons, the Rendezvous will continue in its success. Unfortunately, the staff uses this positive position to indulge in condescending and downright rude treatment of selected patrons. We experienced or witnessed hostile/rude comments to and about patrons in the restaurant in front of other patrons. A customer and waiter discussed a restaurant sign and "trash-talked" customers who should not even bother coming because they are so bothersome. It harkens back to high-school behavior, where the Big Man on Campus is loved by everybody, and uses his popularity to pick on a handful of students. He gets away with it because "everybody" is so glad to be on the BMOC list of BFF, and they are willing to excuse his mean streak just to stay on his good side. Good food and cute decor do not make up for this type of behavior. $20 for lunch should feed your body and your spirit. If the owner and staff are interested in honest self-review, they have a number of reviews here to ponder. I am always most grateful to eat in a restaurant where staff are gracious to all customers and are charitable, even when it is challenging. This is not the Rendezvous attitude, and I won't be back

2  Thank inthegardenaz
Reviewed 20 October 2013

What a cute place this is, filled with tons of memorabilia of days gone by. The food arrived on plates as big as our heads and it was scrumptious. The bacon was cooked to perfection, the eggs fluffy and fresh. We loved it. The staff was friendly and the service was great. We will definitely go back again.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

There aren't many places left to eat in Greer. The Rendezvous is tiny, rustic and very tasty! Sit outside and you get a great view. Sit inside and you feel like you are in a cabin in 1860! Being vegetarians, we were delighted with their veggi burger that you can have as a substitute for their many other type burgers. Well worth the stop if you are in the area.

Been to Rendezvous Diner? Share your experiences!