“Great stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Buckskin Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Heber
Buckskin Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Heber
Traverse City, Michigan
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Went and stayed during June and for any of you in the valley it was just wonderful. Weather was a tad bit windy but upper 80's, crystal clear skies and rustic pines atop towering granite cliffs. The rooms themselves were fantastic, clean and spotless. The oak and pine decor meshed perfectly with the lodges surroundings, cable and wifi on the house and breakfast rounded out our stay. If your on the road and tired or in the valley and looking to get away from the dust its a perfect, reasonably priced and delightful place to stay at. (Next time me and my wie stay we're gonna need to use the hiking trails)

Room Tip: Upper room furthest from the check in has some fantastic morning views!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kyle S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Overgaard, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

So we live in Heber, and we were gearing up for a trip to Phoenix to visit family, I woke up Friday morning, turned on the hot water and whoopsy, no hot water. No bath all day for me and the kids, before our trip. So I had driven past the Buckskin Lodge being a resident and thought, you know what, I am just going to call and ask. The very lovely owners let me and my 6 children come and check in, take baths, who knows how much hot water we used, steam up the room, and insisted we use their towels. All for $30.00. Few hours later we were back home feeling refreshed and ever so grateful for the sweet couple at the Buckskin lodge and their cute little schnauzers. By the way, the rooms were very clean and cute and the bath was sooo sooo soooo nice! :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank TravelingColleen
Sweetwater, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

If you aren't going to take advantage of the cabins and private vacation places to stay in Heber, but still want the feel of a cozy, small mountain town, this is the place! Very neat and clean, first of all, not very pricy at all for the location and cleanliness. Much cheaper than best western and much nicer staff! I was visiting my hometown of heber for the first time in 17 years and the staff helped me remember directions on how to get to my favorite lake, and a few other local places that I wanted to visit. There is even a little "front yard" type area with nice gravel paths, a beautiful view of pines and a BBQ pit for cooking out if you'd like. Five stars from us in Texas!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Azborntxraised
MESA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Great little place. Quite and comfy. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and even had a frig and microwave. Felt this was a good value. I defiantly stay again the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bob B
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Very quaint motel. It has a nice tree-shaded front courtyard with picnic tables and gas grills. Also has a covered porch with lots of benches and chairs where we were able to visit and enjoy the mountain air. Rooms are small and basic. All rooms are a little different—some with nice size bathrooms, some with very small ones. Each room has a ceiling fan, microwave, small refrigerator, and a heater. But, be aware that there is no A/C, no hair dryer, no phone, no ice machine. Beds are not particularly comfortable. The traffic noise from the nearby highway was too loud (a lot of trucks) to let us take advantage of the cool night air by leaving the window open while it rained all night; noise wasn’t an issue with the window closed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Sue T
Sahuarita, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

We're moving our motor home to Heber and needed a place to stay. Based on other reviews we decided to stay here. Room looked to be newly remodeled. Except for the hard mattress the room was perfect. Conveniently located. What else can I say? Just a great place to stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank SeaDogBob
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

This place was so amazing. I was visiting my hometown for the first time in over 15 years and this hotel made me feel like I was right at home again. Great price and located within walking distance of restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank AmandaSsmdy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heber
BEST WESTERN Sawmill Inn
WorldMark Bison Ranch
WorldMark Bison Ranch
#1 of 2 in Overgaard

Been to Buckskin Lodge? Share your experiences!