During our recent trip across Northern Arizona, my wife and I had a very pleasant stay at the Globetrotter Lodge in Holbrook. The Lodge is rated as the #1 hotel/motel/lodge in the city and also highly recommended by several of my "Route 66 Guidebooks." For travelers seeking an "Updated Route 66 Experience," similar to ones travelers had in the 1950s and 1960s, the Globetrotter Lodge is a "must stop." Travelers seeking an upscale room with all the amenities of a first-class hotel probably will find their stay at this Lodge less satisfying.
Our room was very similar to ones experienced by travelers on Route 66 in previous decades, but with lots of nice updates. The room included two double beds with comfortable mattresses, a television set, and a refrigerator. Interesting, the sink and vanity were in an open area and separated from the toilet and shower. The room also included a number of Southwest art pieces, bed coverings, and other decorations. We were impressed by and surprised to find a new, brightly colored sink in the bathroom and restored tile from the 1950s(?) in the shower. Obviously, the Hoeller family, owners of the Lodge, have put lots of work into lovingly restoring each of the eleven rooms currently available for travelers.
In the morning we enjoyed a "Continental Breakfast" in an attractively appointed "breakfast eating area." Our breakfast included a variety of hot and cold beverages, freshly made bagels, mini-loaves of raisin bread, and other breakfast items.
For about $65.00, we received a clean room that was very much a "1950s Room," had a delicious "Continental Breakfast," and enjoyed what I describe as an "Updated Route 66 Experience." It was a "Special Stay" for us. For travelers seeking this type experience and a comfortable stay at a reasonable rate in Holbrook, I recommend the Globetrotter Lodge and see why it is rated by TripAdvisor Reviewers as the #1 Hotel/Motel/Lodge in the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located on historic Route 66,, 902 West Hopi Dr. Holbrook, AZ 86025. We have 10 cozy rooms Two King, 1 three bed room, 7 double rooms. Every room has a flat panel TV and an artistically original handmade sink. The rooms are uniquely different and individually decorated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Globetrotter Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Globetrotter Hotel Holbrook
- Globetrotter Lodge Holbrook, Arizona